• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Most annoying pokemon you've ever overcomed in 3rd Generation games?

JezzaRules

Charmander Lover
    Years
    What is the hardest pokemon you've ever faced in any of the 3rd Generation games (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/Fire Red/Leaf Green)?

Mine would be Wallaces Milotic in the Elite four, defeating it was a major PAIN. Everytime I used thunder leaving him down to 1/5 hp left, he friggen kept using full restores which annoyed the heck outta me. I didn't risk using any status effects coz of Marvel Scale.
    Pike Queens Lucys Shuckle also pissed me off too (I didnt use the taunt method and instead went gun-ho on it, pretty stupid thing to do ;p).

Fluffy Clouds

Is not really active.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 20, 2017
    Some trainer's Swampert in the Battle Tower in Sapphire. Seriously, it swept my team immediately.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Idk, but I didn't like the pokemon in the battle pyramid. I thought it was hard and annoying... lol

Clevink

Don't mess with Espeon...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2014
    During my first few playthroughs of R/S/E, I could not defeat Norman's Slakings. Counter killed me every time and I didn't want to learn to not use a physical attack, heheh...

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2020
    During my Sapphire rock monotype challenge, Steven's Claydol just would not die, damn his full restores and light screen. I had HP Grass and Ice Beam on Lunatone to try and beat him (wish I had gotten HP electric :P)

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    During my first fun in emerald, I had a hard time defeating Wallace's Milotic.
    Its high Sp.Def and Hp made the fight hard even up against a grass-type.
    Becuase of that, I relied on using Rayquaza to overcome it. Sad that it knew Ice Beam, otherwise it would have been a cakewalk.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    Cakewalk? I think it's Catewalk. Anyway my most annoying would be Wallace's Milotic (in all three games). It was just so annoying with full restores and Recover. Luckly I had a Manetric in Emerald and took it out with one Thunder.

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
    As what everyone says, the most annoying is Slaking. It uses Facade when it has status. He also automatically slacks off. >.<

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    Well, I don't have R/S/E, just LeafGreen, so I'd have to say that the most annoying Pokemon would have to be the rival's Tyranitar when you battle him the second time. The only Pokemon I had on my team that could eventually take it out was my Aerodactyl, who I had to Hyper Potion like crazy and who could barely get in an Earthquake.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    I was going to say something about nightmares from GSC but seeing as this says 3rd generation, it's Juan's Kingdra. Stupid DT...x.x I couldn't hit it, and when I did, it would heal! -.-

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2010
    Tate and Liza with their Lunatone and Solrock. For some reason those stupid things just crush my existance.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Makuhita at the second gym in emerald. I know it's the second gym but it was hard for that early on in the game. Every other gym was too easy.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Oh shnaps! I forgot Wattson's Magneton! -.- You try beating it with a Grovyle and Kirlia! I had to nail a couple of Calm Minds on a Gardevoir's Psychic to kill it in three shots! -.- And I lost a large portion of money training againts the rest of his Pogeymans.

JezzaRules

Charmander Lover
    Years
    Oh shnaps! I forgot Wattson's Magneton! -.- You try beating it with a Grovyle and Kirlia! I had to nail a couple of Calm Minds on a Gardevoir's Psychic to kill it in three shots! -.- And I lost a large portion of money training againts the rest of his Pogeymans.
    I didnt have too much trouble beating Wattsons Magneton even when I started off with a treeko, I nailed him down with my Gravelers Magnetude =P

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    It was a Level 50 Smeargle in FireRed...

It knocked out my Level 88 Charizard (who was already weak after a s***load of battles), before taking out another two HM Slaves (a Dugtrio and Fearow) and then my Gyarados finally took it out.
    That was the first and only time my Charizard fainted... and I was SOOOO close to finishing the game without a single knock out. Oh well... *shrugs*

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2010
    I have to say Trapinch yeah they appear at like level 20 but, when your searching for a Cactina and you keep running into the ones with arena trap, it can get real annoying.

Back