• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Annoying Status Problem?

luciachan

PokeSpe Fangirl
    Years
    Ingame - Poison...it means I better have an antidote or else I have to run back to heal. It also brings back memories of the old poisoning sound+blurring from Gen1. I swear I thought my game was broken...
    Attract - ugh...just No!

Competitive - Burn for phys attackers and paralysis (prob hate this one the most). Sleep is ok, because of sleep clause + I like using Sleep+Sub+Seed

レイジングブラスト

Back after a short break
    Years
    I hate paralysis the most mainly because of the fact that my Pokemon never attack when they get paralysed or they can attack for a good portion of the battle but can't at the most critical moments. I also hate infatuation for the same reason and it's even worse because there is only a 50% chance you'll be able to attack and it seems more like 25% to me.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Out of all the statuses I'd definitely say that Confusion is the cheapest tactic in the book. Love (Attract) is the second most annoying status.

Those two are the most annoying because they carry a 50% success rate, so half the time you're dead in the water.

The third most annoying is Badly Poisoned (Toxic and it's family of moves). Not only does this do general poison damage, but it also doubles the damage it does each turn. I'm not entirely sure if post Gen III made it possible to be Badly Poisoned anytime something inflicts the Poisoned status by random chance or not, but more often than not I see this flavor of poisoning...and this one is a SERIOUS showstopper if you're in a competitive mode battle where you can't use items in the bag. :/

Paralysis is the final of the worst, even though it's only 25% chance...because it tends to kick in at the worst of times.

Any possible combination of the above mentioned statuses REALLY sucks.

The rest of the statuses, are thankfully too rare, as in there aren't enough moves that guarantee to inflict them. Like Frozen, I've not yet seen a move that will certainly Freeze, though there is one for Burn, Sleep, Paralysis, Poison/Badly?, and even Confusion. Where the logic in no instant freeze inflicting moves is, I don't know.

Misty Fan

Water Pokemon Master
    Years
    Poison i hate worst because im in a forest vsing a Weedle or some bug then Your Pokemon is poisoned. Look in bag, no antidotes. Look at map, Pokemon Centre is like a mile away. What do i do? and that is why i hate poison.

Also i hate it when your right at Nurse Joy and your Pokemon faint and its your last Pokemon.

Junes

showers of sunlight's divine
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2011
    Infatuation.

Love, you pesky son of a... It's as paralyzing as the very emotion itself. :(

MoonPoke

--Pokemon Strategist--
    Years
    Poison Status for me. I hate it cause it can faint your pokemon even when you finished the battle, and the addition of the screen effect as well.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    In RBY, it was Freeze. Although it isn't that common in-game, it never wears off (unless your opponent uses a fire move, for some reason), so it's pretty much like you've fainted, except you just have to sit there and wait. When I finally built a RBY team to beat R2 of Pokemon Stadium, I remember my Mewtwo being frozen by a Chansey or something like that. My opponent took twenty turns or so to slowly chip away at my health, while I just had to sit around and wait. It would have been so much better if I could have just fainted and restarted the battle.

Of course, Freeze isn't as annoying anymore, but I still don't like it. These days, I hate the combination of Confusion with Sleep or Paralysis, even more so if Attraction is thrown into the mix. I tend to hit myself in my confusion far more often than I would like, and it's very irritating to wake up from sleep and then hurt yourself in your confusion, or to make it past the confusion chance and then fail to attack due to paralysis. Same goes for attraction.

Snopes

Veteran Newblette
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2011
    CONFUSION

I think my Pokemon are severely traumatized by Zubat's Supersonic >.>

Snopes

Veteran Newblette
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2011
    And let's add the fact that the screen shakes when you walk!

I would have totally picked Poison if it wasn't for the fact that your Pokemon "survives" the poisoning in HG/SS.
    I'll never buy another antidote in those games ever again :)

Guest123_x1

The worst ones for me are Paralysis, Confusion, and Poison.
    Whenever one of my Pokemon in battle gets confused, it almost always attacks itself, yet when I confuse an opponent, it rarely ever attacks itself.
    From my experience, it seems that Fire-type Pokémon are more likely to get poisoned than others.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    Poison is the most annoying to me. It makes your Pokemons HP go down every turn of your, it still affects it after battle, and it shakes the screen while your moving your character (which is super annoying!)

The second most annoying would be confusion because you never know if you will get your move off or not. And if you hit yourself in confusion, your HP goes down AND you lose 1 PP for the attack you were trying to make.

Years
    Having *finally* been able to get back to playing my Pokemon games, I find that confusion has been the bane of my entire playtime. May as well be a take-down, submission, or double-edge that doesn't do any damage to the enemy.

As I am pretty much focused on my red game, I don't really know if other attacks have been introduced since the original games that are similar to those examples.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    I've hated burn the most, because it halves my attack, and I'm usually using Physical attacks. Next would be Badly Poisoned, and Confusion, because Badly Poisoned keeps increasing the damage, while confusion, I keep attacking myself.

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
    Years
    Top 3 most hated status conditions:

1. Burn
    - It decreases your attack and hurts you!
    2. Paralysis - IT slows you down and sometimes causes you to be unable to move!
    3. Infatuation - It almost always hits and it's just annoying!

Others don't bother me. Mainly only the ones with secondary effects irritate me so much.

Back