• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Annoying Status Problem?

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2012
    CONFUSION! You're always hoping that they'll snap out of it. And I'm always annoyed at how when my opponent is confused, it never bothers them.
    I was gonna put this exact thing. Your Pokemon gets confused and it starts beating itself. You confuse someone elses Pokemon? Well Maybe, MAYBE, they hurt themselves but in my experience... it rarely happens. Thats why confusion is the status problem I absolutely hate the most.

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years
    Freeze.
    When i use it on the foe, he defrosts after 2 or 3 turns, however most of the times when i was frozen i had waited a huge number of turns (sometimes over 10) just to get out of it.
    I also always hated Confusion, making me burst with anger when a Confuse Ray or Supersonic hits me.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    Poison, even after the battle its still killing you

The Lord of Smug
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    Okay, I can't decide, so I'll list my opinions.

Sleep - ugh. I hate being unable to do anything, but at least I wake up a bit later.

Paralysis - I don't mind the speed drop, as I usually use slow pokemon, and it's great with Gyro Ball :). But when I'm fully paralyzed, that's just irritating. Once, my Regirock got fully paralyzed for 15 turns in a row.

Confusion - This is probably why I use defensive pokemon. If you have high attack and low defense, you end up suiciding.

Freeze - not much of a problem, as I don't face it that much, but when I do, it's worse than sleep. I do tend to freeze my opponents, so I guess they should be the ones complaining.

Burn - the bane of physical sweepers. It also hurts you every turn, but not outside of battle like poison.

Poison - that out-of-battle damage is really annoying, thank god they removed that in B/W. But it's still annoying when you have to switch out constantly to prevent Toxic from becoming too strong.

Attract - every time my pokemon get infatuated, I can't attack. or even use healing moves. or anything. Genderless pokemon ftw, though.

and the most forgotten one, Curse - Normally, not a big problem, as you usually end up OHKOwning the ghost, and you can switch out. But if you're doing a solo run, you're dead. I hated Morty in my solo run, feels like I couldn't win.

blue

gucci
    Years
    It can change for me, I haven't really ever had problems with Freeze status as my Pokémon rarely get Frozen and if they do, they thaw out in a few turns, I hate all moves that inflict confuse, mainly Swagger or Flatter everytime you get hurt by confusion you loose alot more health each turn and it's such a pain let alone being confused by confuse ray or supersonic!
    Also burn, because not only do you loose health, and not only does it not ware off but your attack is halfed so the damage you inflict is only half it's potential, and as for sleep I hate that too but paralyzed isn't so bad.

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
    Honestly, I hate the confusion hax. If I'm confused, it's usually for all 5 turns, and I attack myself at least 3 times. If its the opponent that's confused, then they usually snap out of it after 3 turns and don't hit themselves once.

So stupid...

Ryden

Friendly Lurker
    Years
    For me, anyone of them by them self is of no importances, my Pokemon end up championing there way through the battle. However from a deep seeded hatred in my childhood. paralyzed and confusion together having been known as "The Deadly combination" For me. This usually mix in with some constant bad luck and tend to wreck me waaayyy too easily

MysticFlygon

Rookie Hacker
    Years
    I hate sleep hax because whenever I'm playing through a game and a Pokemon uses sing or grasswhistle, it never misses and I stay asleep for 4-5 turns and of course I never seem to have the right items to wake them up at that time.

Folkedahl

Wizard
    Years
    Confusion > Frozen > Poisoned > Sleep > Burned > Paralyzed.

Confusion - 'Derrr, I no know wat do, I hit other poke or hit self? I hit self? Ok!'
    And it always seems I dole out more damage on myself than anyone else actually does to me.

BonzaiMudkip

Senior Trainer
    Years
    confusion, sleep, poison and paralysis.

Really hate it whenever my pokemon are confused and they end up hitting themselves most of the time. Sleep causes me some problems, but luckly not too much. Poison on the other hand is just annoying, specially when it comes from just one poison sting. same with paralysis, only it always happens when my pokemon are hit from just one body slam.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    I would have to say Confusion because it's so frustrating when you want to attack your opponent and then you end up attacking yourself. Which then makes your Pokemon loose HP and then I get even more frustrated and annoyed over it all.

Equal Eyes

Happy Up Here
    Years
    Posion because even after the battle your pokemon still lose life. I mean who actually carries around antidotes haha.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Uuugh. I hate being paralyzed (and confused). I always have the worst luck with that. At least with sleep, you can expect that you'll be receiving damage that turn and can prepare for that ahead of time.

Years
    In the 3rd gen games, it was Poison. I hated having to carry around antidotes to prevent my Pokemon from having to slowly die from poisoning.

Now I hate Paralysis the most. For some reason I hate skipping a turn more then loosing health, and the thing makes my Pokemon slower as well. >.< Mean, mean Paralysis...

Oh, and back in gen 1 (which the only game I ever played was Stadium and Snap), I hated Freeze. I didn't know about the evil stat dropping of Paralysis, and Freeze never seemed to end. D:

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
    Attract, Torment, Disable, Toxic (Toxic Spikes)

So annoying. 'Specially when I switch into Torment. I carry those glass flutes so paralysis is of temporary setback. And I don't use Revive late game as I pay over double for the "herbal Max Revive".

Archipelago

Who knows?
    Years
    To me, it's always been that ole' combination of Paralysis and Confusion. You rarely ever manage to throw a hit past the Paralysis, and then when you do Confusion kicks in causing your Pokemon to damage itself. I have lost a great many Pokemon in battle that way...

Back