• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most creative, unique and weirdest Anime?

Years
    • MD
    • Seen Mar 17, 2007
    As the title suggest what would you think are the most creative, unique and weirdest Anime out there?

Last edited:

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Pani Poni Dash, based off complete randomness and it's an anime based off of anime/manga/movie spoofs (heck, they even got a Planet of the Apes spoof XD)

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Azumanga Daioh, Pani Poni Dash, Excel Saga, Keroro Gunso, Konjiki no Gash Bell...that's all the recent stuff that would count as weird and good I guess.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • Azumanga Daioh's the only weird anime I know, but many people tell me FLCL is also pretty weird. =X

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
  • Air is a very imaginative, but weird anime. I've watched the whole series and loved it, though I was left a bit confused by the ending. ^^; If anyone's seen the whole thing and can explain the ending to me...please do. XD

I also think Wolf's Rain and Cowboy Bebop are very creative anime series'. :3 They each have strong plots and awesome characters. =D

~Kelsey

Yggdrasill-sama

Disappear into nothingness
    Years
  • Without a doubt, Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo. A few others that come to mind are the Excel Saga, Konjiki no Gash Bell, Pani Poni Dash, and Azumanga Daioh.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Oho...Paranoia Agent, hands down...non sequiturs in such abundance that it makes one question their own logical reasoning for ever deciding to watch...and yet, since it's horror randomness instead of comedy randomness, it ends up being rather unsatisfying.

Inome

I am me. No one else.
    Years
  • I'd have to say FLCL, because of it's randomness. I had to watch the series over a few times to understand some of the things they said. This may only be because I was tired and it was 3:00 in the morning, but it's random anyway.
    Another is probably Kaleido Star, but I don't know how many of you have seen it. The plot is pretty creative, and some of the things that happen in it are random. Like the little guy that floats around and talks to Sora, for example. He scares the crap out of her. Her dreams and ambitions are different than the normal anime, where it's all about "fight this" and "kill that" or "Gundam Suits". I really liked it.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • I only really have the opportunity to watch main stream anime, but I bought a series at Best Buy called Noir and it is pretty weird/creative.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I would have to say Azu Manga Daioh and FLCL.

And Spirted Away.

chrno

beyond the grave
    Years
  • yeah excel saga is so crazy. and The soultaker is a unique and very creative anime, one of my favorites

Back