• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most creative, unique and weirdest Anime?

LedZeppelin

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2006
    Pani Poni Dash and FLCL definately. I only saw the first episode of PPD and I could already tell that it's the weirdest anime out there.

FLCL is just awesome. Very creative story n' stuff. And it's random. And I loved that like 1 minute South Park spoof they had XD

falling up+
    Years
    Having not seen Bobobo yet, I will go with Excel Saga, FLCL for weirdest (but funny) As for most creative: Paranoia Agent is good but its really all social commentary when you break it down. I will go with EVA, such a simple plot at first...until everything goes to Hell. The way you watch the characters minds consume them as everything around them is falling to pieces. No other anime has delved into the psychological viewpoint as well as Eva.

Another notable is Gungrave, the character development in that is hands down the best ever, such a simple storyline woven through two viewpoints and how they turn on each other. The ending almost made me shed a tear it was so good.

Oh and Kudos to whoever mentioned Noir, that anime doesnt get the respect it deserves either! ;)

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    The first episode of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya which just started this month is pure gold.

I mean, just reading a random review made me want to watch it (and I did), so it's definetly recommended.

The random zoom-ins, camera cuts, camera pans and crappy effects are just too awesome.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Ash_Pokemaster said:
    Just one word: "Evangelion". And you won't understand with words. Just watch it xD
    :0 Was Eva wierd? It seems pretty straight forward to me...

Maybe it's because I like the more conclusive (but still open-ended, but still, IT IS conclusive) ending in the movie version?

Back