• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Most forgettable Unova Pokemon

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
  • I forgot about Beheeyem, Maractus, and Cryogonal until I read the above posts. xD;
    I hardly saw them often in-game.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
  • Ohhhh mannn... A lot of them. I was HUGELY disappointed and ended up forgetting MOST of the line up. So much so that I forgot their names that I had to look them up.

Patrat/Watchog Just another stupid normal type...looks like it's possessed and has no visual appeal AT ALL
    Throh/Sawk - Just no... every time I see them. I forget about them in the next few minuets. They are just bad Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan wannabees
    Alomomola I don't know why I forget it, just not very rememberable I guess...

There are probably others...than I've ALREADY forgotten about.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
  • I would like to forget Stunfisk but then I go to OT and I see pokestick...

Well yeah I keep on forgetting about Gear, untill you mentioned it again and I thought hey that's true, I almost forgot about that thing!

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I think it would have to be a tie between Cryogonal and Maractus. From the above posts, I looked at the name "Maractus" and I just couldn't put my finger on what Pokémon that was until I googled it. :x As for Cryogonal, I rarely see it and forget about it easily because of that.

Somni

Robot Assassin
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2016
    Maractus is pretty forgettable. In general any pokemon that does not evolve is forgettable-I enjoy evolving pokemon and seeing the transformation.

Shelmet

Spiraling Disastertastrophe
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2012
    Elgyem, Beheeyem, Foongus and Amoongus seem forgettable to me. Their designs aren't that great, and their stats are nothing special either.

PurpleMischief

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2015
    Throh, Sawk, Lillipup and *shudders* Gurdurr. I despise Gurrdurr, so I guess maybe he's not that forgettable. But he should be. *nodnod*

dreyko

Isolated System.
    Years
  • i really dislike trubbish and garbodor. mainly because of the disgusting design, well i feel it is anyways. another i find forgettable is patrat. it and its evolution watchog's only uses are HM slaves.

Years
  • I completely forgot about Heatmor, and the Vullaby line, as it is overshadowed by Braviary. Other's include the majority of the water types, like Alomomola and the puffy pink and blue ones.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Tynamo is probably the most forgettable. It's probably telling when most people in this thread aren't even mention it's name. Just that "electric eel fish thing" Also Ferroseed is very easy to forget.

I don't find Maractus forgettable myself.

Years
  • Throh, Sawk, Lillipup and *shudders* Gurdurr. I despise Gurrdurr, so I guess maybe he's not that forgettable. But he should be. *nodnod*

It's all right. It's an unspoken truth that there isn't a clear definition of "forgettable" across this thread.

I always forget Yamask exists, even though I like it. Its Pokedex entry makes my heart melt.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    I would consider Maractus one of the most forgettable simply because Cacturne and Carnivine already outclass it and have been around for far longer. I even had to copy paste its name from a post earlier in this thread, only then did I mildly remember how that thing even looked like. I also find that the seasonal reindeer are forgettable. I can't remember their names for my life.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    Pretty much all of the late game pokemon. I got pissed at the encounter rate after Chargestone Cave, and have been spraying repels ever since, so I don't see them much.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    Wasn't there some weird alien thing with a massive head? That one.

As stupid as Cyroganal is, I find it pretty memorable... if only because of how awful the design is. Ditto for the ice cream cones.

Alomomalomalomola is pretty forgettable as well. It might have a bit more going for it if it could be found somewhere, or if it was Luvdisc's evolution.

The tadpole thingy?

As a early game useless peripheral, Purrloin is at best unremarkable, and at worst absolutely non-existent.

Escavalier is pretty awesome, but I can't remember the pre-evolution's name or even what it looks like. I know it doesn't resemble a snail in the slightest though.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    Most of the legendaries will be forgotten for sure. The weather roaming guys and that one near Keldeo that sorta looks like it would limp are probably going to be forgotten. The Pans/Simis are pretty forgettable in my opinion. As well as Scolipede, Stunfisk, Petilil, and Emolga.

Back