• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most intimidating physical sweeper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Who do you think is the most intimidating physical sweeper now in D/P (includes Pokes from other generations)

I ask this because the physical/special side leaves a lot of hard-hitters in the dust, and a lot of unused sweepers at their highest point.

Me? I say Garchomp (and I know a lot of you are going to say so as well) It has Sand Veil, meaning it's a risk to hit it with it's fragile counters. It also gets SD Outrage which can annoy the heck out of anyone.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Also considering it has no true "counter" since Fire/Dragon/Ground hit everything in the game for neutral. The best I found was Deoxys-e while being bulky.

Jesus oƒ Suburbia

east jesus nowhere?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2015
    Garchomp is perfect for the job

btw Tyranitar + Garchomp + abilities= good combo

at least thats what i think

Last edited:

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Mamoswine is my personal D/P favorite =3 Ice Shard hammers Garchomp with no Yache Berry.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    My Mamoswine beats Garchomps :K
    Ch-Choice Scarf, anyone?

Mamoswine is my personal D/P favorite =3 Ice Shard hammers Garchomp with no Yache Berry.

Only an idiot would keep garchomp in against mamoswine, so it isnt a valid argument. Plus it's almost impossible for Swine to switch in- After a single SD any of garchomp's attacks will OHKO Mamoswine.

But yeah, Garchomp gets my vote too.

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
    Gyarados! god the thing is a beast once it gets a couple DD's in. Yeah I suppose Garchomp is, however I don't fear it much. So I'll go with Gyarados ;)
    Did I forget Lucario, that's another threatening sweeper, heck Dos I'll stick with.

Zetta-Chan

Shuckle Is A Goofy Goober. :D
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    Garchomp...
    They annoy with SD then earthquake.

Johnnyboi

Street Pokéster
    Years
    Garchomp is so annoying, it's a bit too much for OU if you ask me. It owns most things, and also: It's ugly. Salamence is ugly aswell, Dragonite and Tyranitar are much, MUCH better done IMO.

GeneralGuy

Competitive Pokémon Expert
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2010
    Gyarados. STAB 80 base power Waterfall, along with Earthquake and Ice Fang/Stone Edge makes him one of the most threatening forces in the game. He's one of the top three leading pokes used in battle too. Once he gets two or three DDs in, he's nearly unstoppable.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Only an idiot would keep garchomp in against mamoswine, so it isnt a valid argument. Plus it's almost impossible for Swine to switch in- After a single SD any of garchomp's attacks will OHKO Mamoswine.

But yeah, Garchomp gets my vote too.

That's your daily opponent on official server Gofre.

Not exactly. He gets OHKOd by Ice Shard/Sucker Punch/Extremespeed, etc.

Quick Attack from Swellow too. STAB ftw.

Bulky Dos is what I fear. They're hard to kill and a pain to try walling.

LO Dos >>>> BulkyDos.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back