• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Mysterious Pokémon?

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
    Alot of people would say Mew, But I don't. I may not know much about mysterious Pokémon. IMO I think the most mysterious would have to be Lugia. But thats in my opinion.

Whats the most mysterious Pokémon?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I'd say Unown. It's known that Mew is the ancestor of all Pokemon, but not who started to make writing that comes to life and exerts strange powers, nor why or how they did it.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    and finally Diglett. 'Cause we keep wondering what's beneath his head?

Are you sure you want to find out? :D
    Spoiler:

I think that Xatu deserves a mention too. Did it leap out of a totem? Who knows..

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
    I'd say Unown. It's known that Mew is the ancestor of all Pokemon, but not who started to make writing that comes to life and exerts strange powers, nor why or how they did it.

I agree, Unown has always been a big mystery to me and I am sure others too.

What came first? Unown or writing?

I think that Unown came first and the English language (in Pokemon) was based off of the Unown.

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    I'd say Unown, for sure. And probably Mew ... maybe Rotom too, I've always wondered where it came from. :S

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    What came first? Unown or writing?

I think that Unown came first and the English language (in Pokemon) was based off of the Unown.
    Bear in mind of course that the regions depicted in Pokemon have thus far been areas of Japan and its surrounding islands...
    Pokemon has got to be the most inconsistent work of fiction ever.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Nintendo has always labeled Mew as the most mysterious Pokemon of all, but it never strikes me as mysterious anymore. The anime shows have released so much information about Mew already, and we know a lot about it. It was our ancestor, it dwells in the Tree of Beginnings, it contains all the DNA of every Pokemon, etc. What Pokemon really strikes me as mysterious is Darkrai. Well, we all know it induces deep sleep and nightmares that the victim can't awake himself from, nor can he be awakened from someone else. I mean, Darkrai does appear to have only good intentions in the Dialga / Palkia movie. But my only question is, why does Darkrai give out nightmares? The child in the motel in Canalave City was obviously an innocent victim that Darkrai only chose to terrify without a significant reason. He appears to be both the good guy and the bad guy.

Another Pokemon that definitely deserves to get a mention in this thread is the Unown. I mean, not many people know the true story behind the Unown. Even just the very concept of the Unown can be quite interesting and mysterious to think about. I mean, they are Pokemon based on the alphabet of the English language. Their concept is so diverse; they can paint pictures, make sentences and words, and a lot more things. And to think that there are so many of them, each representing one of the alphabet's letters. To me, that's what I find quite mysterious. Also, did Mew / Arceus create them too?

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    Are you sure you want to find out? :D
    Spoiler:

I think that Xatu deserves a mention too. Did it leap out of a totem? Who knows..

What the heck is that?

It's not like what I'm thinking... that's looks like a giant... LOL:pirate:

How about Shedinja? What's inside it's shell? How did it came alive?

suicidesal

GirlWithTheMostCake
    Years
    Before reading this I was thinking like Ghost pokemon - need the silph scope to see them, sometimes. And ghost's are kinda creepy and mysterious in general...
    but now that I've read posts, I think Mew is pretty mysterious

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
    Nintendo has always labeled Mew as the most mysterious Pokemon of all, but it never strikes me as mysterious anymore. The anime shows have released so much information about Mew already, and we know a lot about it. It was our ancestor, it dwells in the Tree of Beginnings, it contains all the DNA of every Pokemon, etc. What Pokemon really strikes me as mysterious is Darkrai. Well, we all know it induces deep sleep and nightmares that the victim can't awake himself from, nor can he be awakened from someone else. I mean, Darkrai does appear to have only good intentions in the Dialga / Palkia movie. But my only question is, why does Darkrai give out nightmares? The child in the motel in Canalave City was obviously an innocent victim that Darkrai only chose to terrify without a significant reason. He appears to be both the good guy and the bad guy.

Another Pokemon that definitely deserves to get a mention in this thread is the Unown. I mean, not many people know the true story behind the Unown. Even just the very concept of the Unown can be quite interesting and mysterious to think about. I mean, they are Pokemon based on the alphabet of the English language. Their concept is so diverse; they can paint pictures, make sentences and words, and a lot more things. And to think that there are so many of them, each representing one of the alphabet's letters. To me, that's what I find quite mysterious. Also, did Mew / Arceus create them too?

Bear in mind that Nintendo doesn't make the movies, only the video games. They sell the movie rights and have no say-so in what goes into it. Nintendo meant for Darkrai to be the bad guy, as he is in the games. But the movie producers needed a good guy, so goodbye mean and evil Darkrai and hello good Darkrai, keeper of peace who gives out nightmares. Fantastic idea..

dialgaX149

MEGA PWNAGE!!!
    Years
    I think ALL the Pokemon are mysterious, like "Where did they come from?", "What are they?", "When did they arrive?", "Who ate my cookie?". ...Well, maybe not the last one, but you get the point.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    I'm surprised no one said ditto.
    I mean it's a pink blob hat can transform into any pokemon and can breed with almost any Pokemon meaning it can change it's gender 0_0.
    I've always wondered how this Pokemon came into existence.

jammi567

What came first: Mew or Arceus? They're both claimed to have created Pokemon...

Back