• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most overrated pokemon

Ársa

k.
    Years
    I'd say Mewtwo is an overrated pokemon but not the most, though he is close

Hello Uber Sweeper Galore. >_>

Blissey, since now everyone has a Blissey counter in their teams.

The reason everyone has a counter is because it is the best Special Wall in the game. It is not overrated, you cannot overate the best.

Kyogre. He is WAY overated. Same thing with Dialga.

Kyogre+Choice Scarf+Water Spout+Drizzle+Lead=Death. In Ubers it rules in the rain, why do you think it is Uber?

Alakazam is really overrated. And cheap, but not when compared with legendaries.

Somewhat, but it has nearly (If not the) highest Base Sp. Atk stat for a non uber pokemon.

The most overrated pokemon I think is blissey, shuckle and milotic.
    I can't stand them... lol

Blissey - No
    Shuckle - Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!
    Milotic - No, I think it's underrated now to a degree

Mewtwo and Mew. They are no match for Jigglypuff.

Mew can learn any move and has very decent Base Stats. (100 in all I think?) It is the best Baton Passer apart from Ninjask, but Ninjask is shut down much easier. Mewtwo was explained above.

Personally, I think Lucario's overrated. Yes, it's physically strong. Yes, it's fast. It's a good Pokémon, it has one of the best moves in the game (Aura Sphere), and I love mine. However, it's weak to one of the most common moves in the game (Earthquake), and its defenses are NOT good enough to withstand it. It's easily taken down by Infernape. :/

Though, in some cases, its raw strength far outweighs its lack of defense.

Lucario is the best pokemon for beginners, it can be used as a Special, Physical or mixed attacker. It is not the only pokemon weak to Ground attacks, many other sweepers are, and compared to many others, its weaknesses aren't that many. Any pokemon can be taken down somehow, so stating a single pokemon does nothing to help your cause.

Gallade is pretty overated. He isn't good at all. His base stats are really low.

As airconditioning stated, at what point did the 125 Base Attack and 115 Base Sp. Def become null? It is a great Double-Status user, very much overated as a Physical Attacker, and Underated as a Supporter.

Yay me, I got it all done. ;)

~T_S

Walrein

Banned
    Years
    It's still nothing compared to Arcanine. Get it into a fire attack, and Flare Blizt will case more damage than Explosion. And just when your'e too weak to strike again, Endure and Reversal after some decent Howls. Suicider Arcanine is much better than Suicider Charizard. And if your'e afraid of it beeing lost by suiciding, use Extremespeed.

Last edited:

Palkia_279

Palkia's master
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2008
    Um Gallade resist Dynamicpunch :0

Like we respect your opinion and all but non of your logic makes any sense :/ Also Gallade can WoW stuff.
    Wait, Dynamic Punch is a fighting type move? I thought it was a Normal Type.

Hm, whatever. It's just I've battled people that have a Gallade, and they're amazingly easy to defeat. But I guess it was because they weren't raised correctly.

Rinku

Is back for "REVENGENCE."
    Years
    Blissey, since now everyone has a Blissey counter in their teams.

OMG I absolutely HATE FRIGGIN BLISSEY as well. They are so damn ugly! Why does everyone have a stupid, retarted BLISSEY!!! ugh... my head hurts... lol

TrainerKat said:
    Personally, I think Lucario's overrated. Yes, it's physically strong. Yes, it's fast. It's a good Pokémon, it has one of the best moves in the game (Aura Sphere), and I love mine. However, it's weak to one of the most common moves in the game (Earthquake), and its defenses are NOT good enough to withstand it. It's easily taken down by Infernape. :/

Though, in some cases, its raw strength far outweighs its lack of defense.

xD; They aren't overrated. They deserve their status (though Skarmory to a much lesser extent). People use them because they're good.

Personally, I think LUCARIO is the best pokemon in friggin D/P and I respect that. Also to say that he isn't overrated after you said he WAS, makes no sense. It's one or the other.
    And just because he is weak against Earthquake, doesn't mean he has low defense. He's a STEEL TYPE. You might as well say almost EVERY SINGLE steel type in the game is overrated because they are weak agains't Earthquake. Besides Steel types have the best defense because most types are not very effective against them. I'm not trying to be mean, but your reason for Lucario to be overrated does not make sense. Being a HUGE Lucario fan, I'm just trying to prove a point.

Last edited:

Trainer Kat

→ voodoo jungle d r u m s;;
    Years
    OMG I absolutely HATE FRIGGIN BLISSEY as well. They are so damn ugly! Why does everyone have a stupid, retarted BLISSEY!!! ugh... my head hurts... lol

"Ugly" has nothing to do with it. Everyone has a "stupid, retarded Blissey" because it's the best special wall in the game. It is NOT overrated at all.

Personally, I think LUCARIO is the best pokemon in friggin D/P and I respect that. Also to say that he isn't overrated after you said he WAS, makes no sense. It's one or the other.
    And just because he is weak against Earthquake, doesn't mean he has low defense. He's a STEEL TYPE. You might as well say almost EVERY SINGLE steel type in the game is overrated because they are weak agains't Earthquake. Besides Steel types have the best defense because most types are not very effective against them. I'm not trying to be mean, but your reason for Lucario to be overrated does not make sense. Being a HUGE Lucario fan, I'm just trying to prove a point.

Hunnie, I understand you don't like me. That's cool, I honestly don't care what a young'un thinks of me. But before you go attacking me for stating my opinion, do a little research. Just because Lucario's part steel means absolutely nothing. He has very low base defense and special defense. With only 70 in each, that doesn't amount to much. Steel is RESISTANT to a lot, but when I said he had low defense, I was referring to BASE DEFENSE. Also, I never contradicted myself. Not at all. I stated it had good strength. Every Pokémon has strengths and weaknesses. Lucario has good attack. In MY OPINION, that doesn't make him any less overrated. And, I'm a huge Charizard fan, but that doesn't make him any less overrated.

Rinku

Is back for "REVENGENCE."
    Years
    You know, you're right. Also I'm sorry about that post, I was in a bad mood at the time. I stated wrongly against your opinion. And I don't hate you, okay. But my opinion for Blissey is mine so I don't care if somone goes against it. I, being a member of a LOT of Lucario websites, just got way outta my league and went nuts. But it IS your opinion and others should respect that.

but don't call me "hunnie" or "youg'un" okay? -_-;

Thraxxacor

GHOST + ELEMENT = You Knub'd
    Years
    im deffinitely gonna have to go with garchomp... it's all anyone wants on gts... dragon = pwnt by ice... or dragon... or most other real types... and dragon type moves effect almost everything, but only a couple super effectives. all i'd use it for would be a slightly cooler HM slave than my floatzel.

also pretty much every single primarily steel type pokemon... their extra defense means nothing when hit with any kind of real attack type... fire, water, fighting (lol?), and ground... and yeah... there are like what... 6 damage dealing steel-type moves? (minus a couple depending on if its flying or not.) so most cant even learn all 6. AND youve got to work for em... and waste a metal coat if ya do it yourself.

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Um Steels resist 12 attack types I believe. That's A LOT. Grass, Ice, rock, flying, poison, bug, normal, psychic, dragon, dark, ghost, steel...yipes.

Steels don't even need to attack (or the walls at least). Bronzong can CM up and start creamed everything and Gyro Ball hurts a ton. Skarmory sets up spikes and whirlwinds stuff so that they take 25% damage each time they enter the ring and Forretress can also set up spikes and blow up afterwards.

Also anybody who keeps a steel in on something ready to Flamethrower them is smoking something ._. They only have 3 weaknesses and you have 5 other pokemon to take those attacks.

Back