• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most overrated Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

#Emochu

ujhgjkjhgkujhjkhjkhkhkhhk hjkhj
Years
  • When im on my flipnote hatena on DSi, I see a lot of clips of eevee nd other pokefurries, so gay and annoying.

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
    Years
  • Mudkip and Tsutarja.
    I always ran into the most famous "so i heard u liek mudkipz??" and the famous "Smugleaf" for Tsutarja. Honestly I always see those, never a day not seeing it. o_o

72pokemonmaniac27

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I'm going to have to go with Pikachu, i like Pikachu, but it is VERY overrated haha:) i do really like Raichu though:)

Years
  • You know what, people? We should make some kind of statistics. Everyone post their teams, be they in-game teams, competitive teams, planned teams what don't exist yet or whatever. When we have enough numbers, they can be evaluated and we will know what Pokemon really is the most overrated one. Well, possibly at least.
    Because, the way it currently is: "I hate Lucario, so I'll say Lucario is the most overrated Pokemon there is." While I do hate Lucario, how can I be sure about the fact that is the most overrated Pokemon there is, without any proof?

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2010
    bidoof. I despise bidoof and his evolution, it just seems like such a waste of a good spot they could have used for another rodent type.

Darthrai

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    Whew, time to revive this old topic - I'm sure lots of people will want to continue posting in here. :P

Of course there's Pikachu, but it isn't the most overrated IMO - at least the older fanbase (especially people who don't watch the anime) doesn't go absolutely ga-ga over it like little kids and TPCi themselves do. (I even kinda like Pikachu at times, depending on a number of factors...)

Nope, the most overrated Pokémon in my opinion is DRAGONITE. It has a so-so design for a pseudo-legendary, which is mostly offset by the fact that it looks like Barney the freaking Dinosaur. Sure it's powerful and useful in battle, but so are things like Salamence and Garchomp, which are even more powerful and not as saccharine-looking - they fill the same role as Dragonite, but do it better.

However, the entire fanbase seems to absolutely adore it (sorry, Dragonite fans), and it's by far the most popular pseudo-legend despite the fact that it's the least badass-looking. Its popularity is probably driven by nostalgia (explaining why fans like it more than, say, Zekrom or Rayquaza), which is kinda reasonable. But wait! It's also more popular than fellow "badass" Gen I and II mons such as Mewtwo, Gyarados, Tyranitar and Zapdos(at least according to Psypoke Idol and that IGN poll)! Only things like Charizard, Lugia and maybe Blastoise (all personal favorites, fortunately) are safe from Dragonite's cuddly wrath. But otherwise, not even nostalgia is safe from nostalgia!

Every time I see that stupid dragon, I imagine it singing "I love you, you love me, we're a happy family..." while I load my bazooka and prepare to blast it to oblivion.

Rant over.

mrcroconaw

That Croconaw
    Years
  • I used to think Pikachu was too mainstream. But it's not THAT overrated, in my opinion. Pikachu's considered awesome because he IS.

The Pokemon I seem to think are kind of overrated are Lucario, Mewtwo, Charizard, and the Eeveelutions.

Lucario is just Lucario, go search up Lucario Pokesonas on deviantART and you'll just find too many. >///>
    Mewtwo is overrated IMO, because people treat it like a god, when it was really like; man-made and stuff. Mewtwo is super cool and stuff, but the kind of stuff it gets is just too much. 9_6
    The Eeveelutions are just the eevelutions. Like Lucario is Lucario. I find Eevee and it's evolutions rather cool, but people tend to always focus on them too much. It's kind of; ugh. :C

Idk; these are just IMO.

Deerling

Season PoKéMoN
    Years
  • I think most legendary or starter PoKemoN are over rated. Whenever I'm talking with fellow fans or battling friends, their teams are filled with either starters, legendaries or both. And to be honest, I do just fine without either of them. In PoKeMoN Crystal, I even used Dratini and a Staryu as my starter rather than a Chikorita. Not saying they are pointless to have but there are better or even equally capable PoKeMoN.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • Charizard comes to mind. In fact, most of the Generation 1 Pokemon come to mind. Everyone says that all Pokemon should be animals, but what about Weezing and Muk, both badass Poison types from the FIRST GENERATION. They aren't animals, and they are some of the most memorable Pokemon from the first generation! Other overrated Pokemon? Well, I know one. ARCE-FREAKING-US. A "God" Pokemon is a stupid idea, and Game Freak gave us a stupid horse with yellow back fungus growing on it. Lugia is also overrated. People always prefer it over the infinitely cooler Ho-Oh. Seriously, how is a white dragon thing with hands for wings cooler than in immortal Phoenix with the pure power to create the Legendary Beasts?

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • I'd say Oshawott is currently one of the most overrated pokemon there is. I've always thought it was mediocre-looking at best (dorky at worst), and it seems to be loved by basically about 70% of the Pokemon fan community. (not just in here, but in real life as well)

Lucario deserves a mention as well. (BTW, both of pokemon I mentioned have their OWN FANCLUB in PC.
    )

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back