• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Powerful Move? Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

YOLIT1

Uber Strategist
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2015
    So some will remember my old thread way back when on some forum here theorizing the most powerful move in the Pokemon universe. That thread fell short of the original goal, but now I am back for round two. This time, I'm going for my favorite Pokemon with it's most powerful move, Primal Kyogre with Water Spout. This time, I have as much done as possible at first, and I will ask for any add-ons from you guys to see if we can de-throne Shuckle.
    So basically the situation goes that Kyorgre-P goes into battle with a Rhyhorn, and after a little bit of status changing if unleashes the ultimate blow. This will require a Rhyhorn at level 1 with a measly 4 special defense, (requires a hindering nature) and a move which can bring that down even lower. Using Fake Tears, (with a Smeargle) we can while down the special defense of our poor Rhyhorn to only 1, and using Calm Mind, 252 Evs, 31 Ivs, and helpful nature (I prefer Modest) for Kyogre-P, we can get the thing's special attack up to 2016. That's right. 2016.
    Going into our formula provided by Bulbapedia, the stats currently sit at (((2x100+10)/250)x(2016/1)x150+2)x(1.5x4x2x2x2x1) which simplified to (.88x2016x150+2)x48 which can in turn be simplified further to a whopping... (wait for it...) 12,773,472!
    For the current record, I'm not sure how exactly Shuckle did it, but I'm not completely sure this beat it. If someone could help by posting the record using the same method below, that would be a GREAT help. If anyone needs an explanation for how I got that number above, just ask. If you want the actual formula, Google "Pokemon Damage," click the link by Bulbapedia, and scroll around, you will come across the formula at one point.
    So anyway, that's my spiel for now. Be sure to check back often, as more developments will most likely be made. On the flip-side, if you can help me make said developments, do. Peace.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I used the Pokemon Showdown calculator and got a different number:

+6 252+ SpA Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. -6 0 HP / 0- SpD Rhyhorn in Rain: 1,943,232-2,286,160 (16,193,600 - 19,051,333.3%)
    Spoiler:

It says Kyogre, but I modified it's base Sp.Attack in the calculator to match that of Primal Kyogre's

YOLIT1

Uber Strategist
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2015
    Many online calculators aren't reliable. I may have made a mistake in that I did use Showdown to decide the stats of Kyogre, but that would mean that the numbers would be higher. Anyway, I can't actually tell what your trying to say with that. I'm assuming the image was supposed to say something, but I can't see the image.

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    It seems that you have computed using the old critical hit modifier. They have nerfed it to 1.5, so you might want to edit that into your calculation if you want your damage to be up to date.

If I am not mistaken, your new equation should look like this:
    Most Powerful Move? Part 2

And it should be equal to 9,144,648, if my calculations are correct. Of course, this is without factoring in the rand() function that the game uses to actually determine how much damage is going to be dealt. If we accommodate that, the value can be any number within the interval of 7,772,950.8 and 9,144,648.

Last edited:

YOLIT1

Uber Strategist
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2015
    Ah, should have caught that. Anyway, what else can help here?

It seems another try has died...
    Requesting lock.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back