• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Most Under-used Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firetail

on silver trainer's card
Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2008
    I think it's weedle's evolution(forgot it's name) and metapod

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2008
    Dodrio, Unown, Sableye, Carnivine, Seaking, and most underused *dun dun dun*

Magikarp and Goldeen.

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2008
    i haven't ever seen anyone use a aron/lairon/aggron accept steven in emerald.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2010
    Add Minun/Plusie and Volbeat/Illumise to the list.

Also the rattata and zigzagoon thingies. Weak as hell, altrough I saw rattata killing Empoleon in two hits, in normal play they are terrible.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2008
    Parasect, Unown and Sunflora. No one would even remember Unown if it wasn't for the fact that it has deffrent forms, same for Parasect and Big Mushroom, while Sunflora...is just plain forgettable.

Ampremas_tortoise

Because turtles are overrated.
    Years
  • Eh?

-coughcough-

I do. Hence the name.

Anyway, there's actually quite a lot...Smeargle is, sadly, underused.

Luvdisc, Delibird, Farfetch'd, Zangoose, Carnivine, Ditto(sadly), and plenty more.

And hey now, no need to rag on the normal types. They have the best adaptablity. They can be fantastic.

Hence the total BA'ness of Zangoose. How about Sableye? I've never come across anyone but Karen (?) using one and have never worked with ghost type before and it's amazing. Grows really fast, too.

ratatta n raticate they r the dumbest pokemon. they r normal which has no advantages

Why don't you work on your subject-verb agreement before you go making unfounded accusations, there, buddy?

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Hence the total BA'ness of Zangoose. How about Sableye? I've never come across anyone but Karen (?) using one and have never worked with ghost type before and it's amazing. Grows really fast, too.

Why don't you work on your subject-verb agreement before you go making unfounded accusations, there, buddy?

Actually, I always seem to use Sableye. It's a good Pokemon, if you know what you're doing.

Subject-verb agreement...heh.

And about Unown...I use it in Pokemon Stadium as a last resort. :D I love Unown.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • What's this? Only one (Now more after posting this...) mention for Luvdisc? Truely on of the more pathetic Pokemon. And it's evident that the ancient Pokemon trainers in Diamond and Pearl didn't like them, or that they were just so pathetic. After all, there's dozons of heart scales to be found in the Underground... so a fair amount of Luvdisc must have died...

Delibird and Farfetched don't have much going from them (besides Delibird's amusing attack), Qwilfish is always a Pokemon that is often forgotten, and theres a few more too, I guess...

BTW, on the normal type thing - they suck because they aren't super-effective against anything? Right... Snorlax (more so in his days), Polygon-Z, Slaking (if used correctly), Blissey, Togekiss and a certain legendary that is alos know as the 'god' Pokemon says otherwise. As well as a few others, I suppose.

EDIT: POSSIBLELY THE KING OF UNDERUSED-NESS: Sunken.

How did I forget that one...(oh wait, because it sucks ;) ) - in fact, Sunken has the worst stats out of any Pokemon there is. Most of the stats at base 30 or something?

Sajiri

Wandering Trainer
    Years
  • i haven't ever seen anyone use a aron/lairon/aggron accept steven in emerald.

My friend, cousins and I use the aron line alot! Or I used to til I got salamence

I think most underused is bellsprout. I've never seen anyone else use their line. I'd say weedle and caterpie lines but I use butterfree alot.

I actually went up against two delibird users in one night on PBR wifi...although now that I think of it it may have been the same guy and just switched his team around a little.

I'll agree with luvdisc and quilfish being underused. Also whismur

lostprophetsown

chatot,lucario and lance lover
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 30, 2013
    i think smeargle is underused i dont recall ever seeing a train with one and deliberd luvdisc

kickerbox

How's my driving?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2008
    I'd say golbat,kingler,tangela,shedinja,hariyama,lumineon,and chatot

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • Feebas? No, I worked hard just to evolved it, and many also does the same thing.

I think it's Dunsparse, Grimer, and the stupid looking Spindas

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back