• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most useless move in the game?

Maiev

// corazon elegante;~
Years
  • Most useless move in the game? =/

It'd be definitely splash. There's nothing going to happen when your gonna use that stupid attack! >:

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • PROTIP: Breed Splash onto Kingdra and use PP Max.

edit Grudge because almost all of the Pokemon who can learn it can also learn Destiny Bond (save for Vulpix and Ninetales)... Destiny Bond even has more Pokemon that learn it than Grudge.

Worry Seed is also pretty bad.
    Camouflage does the same thing each time in battle arena : |
    Feint NEVER works.
    Foresight, Miracle Eye, Odor Sleuth and the like are completely worthless, especially in competitive.

Last edited:

Ayselipera

This has already been said, but my vote would go to mud sport/water sport. Besides that is the whole Stockpile, Swallow, Spit up routine. Its a big pain.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • the most useless move in the game, for me trick room
    the pokemon that uses the move doesnt really get a kick out of it that much

RocketAdmin.

Custom User Title. :)
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2011
    Grudge! I've never understood that move ¬¬

And feint's pretty darn stupid too (x

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Umm about Flatter.
    It's designed for pokemon who use physical attacks, because then they recieve no bonus in damage if they DON'T hit themselves and manage to get an attack past confusion..

I was aware of that, but even with that going on, it's still a useless move. Why even bother raising special attack if it's not used? Confuse Ray is perfectly fine and Flatter shouldn't exist.

the most useless move in the game, for me trick room
    the pokemon that uses the move doesnt really get a kick out of it that much

Bronzong would like a word with you. It's a great move to make a team around, especially since I've seen many teams based on speedy leads. As long as you set up correctly...

Amu

remember who the real enemy is
    Years
  • Growl. It's so pointless, I don't care if it lowers/raises stats, no one uses it anymore. :/​

Meepman

Arogance is bliss
    Years
  • Probably fake out, it's so weak and just wastes time.
    EDIT: On second thought maybe swift because it's weak and horribly outclassed by faint attack, the rain dance thunder combo, aerial ace etc..
    Perish Song. Its sort of cheap in a way but can easily be avoided.
    Not if you use mean look or spider web. :badsmile: Besides I sorta view that move as more of a way to force the enemy to switch out if there using a bunch of stat reducing or raising moves.
    Thunder Fang, Ice Fang and Fire Fang mainly because the punches are better(I know there useful but 95% get Real!!!!)
    Yeah but my Tyranitar can't learn the punches at the move relearner.

Last edited:

Bobby Emerald

A voice of reason.
    Years
  • Tackle. That 95% accuracy offends me.

I lol'd.

I agree with everybody else so far, and i would like to add HELPING HAND to the list. Its useless unless you're in a double battle, and i only double battle when forced to. When I do double battle, its basically the only move your partner knows or wastes time putting out a move that doesn't do anything noticably helpful.

I still have no idea what Helping Hand does... owo I think it's useless, and I don't get it. @w@

Helping Hand works in Double Battles, obviously. It's especially good if you want one of your pokemon to sweep 2 pokemon of the opposing team in one turn. Say one of your pokemon uses Helping Hand on your other one...then that other one uses something like Rock Slide. Assuming the foes are not resistant to rock type moves, a move like that will do a lot of damage.

Grudge! I've never understood that move ¬¬

Well, if one of your pokemon knows this move and is about to faint, due to, let's say a super effective move, (Genger with Grudge, attacked by a Honchkrow with Night Slash) Gengar uses Grudge and faints, then Honchkrow's Night Slash isn't useable anymore (PP goes down to zero). It will be a life saver if your next pokemon to send out is, say, an Alakazam.

Thunder Fang, Ice Fang and Fire Fang mainly because the punches are better(I know there useful but 95% get Real!!!!)

And Cut Id rather use Rock Smash.

The fang attacks are for pokemon who can't punch.

Aberbecam

Banned
    Years
  • Well every moves are useful one way or the other.
    And if you say which move do i think is most useless?
    Splash doesn't count so i would saw Roar.
    But splash is the most useless out of them all. xD

Back