• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most useless move in the game?

MechaTrickster

Another person in the world
Years
  • Sandstorm if you have a shedninja, and defog is useful for evasion clauses, it brings down their evasion, so instead of missing every time you have to something to help you hit

Shiny Shaymin

I laugh at your misfortune.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    Yeah, I agree with aj624. I never found stat moves helpful...

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Endure is pointless. You're wasting a move so you can survive the hit on the current turn. Why?! So you can get KO'd on the next turn rather than the current one? Wouldn't it make more sense to just try to get a move in just in case you survive it without Endure?

Use it to harass with small Toxic damage or activate pinch-berries when you don't want to Sub chain, otherwise, little use.

Umm about Flatter.
    It's designed for pokemon who use physical attacks, because then they recieve no bonus in damage if they DON'T hit themselves and manage to get an attack past confusion..
    But I think the most useless attack is Whirlpool if you're talking Gen 2 or Waterfall if this is only Gen 4.
    I'm not going to go check right now, but aren't there only two places to use Waterfall? Plus the ever annoying HM deletion.
    (I'm playing Pearl, not Platnium)

Whirlpool is a trapper; could be useful in some unique UU battle with annoyers.
    Waterfall is the best Physical Water-type attack in the game.

I bet you never heard of SubLeaching :D

That's called SubSeeding. Uses Leech Seed, not Leech Life.

Every stat move I think is useless.Luck will think Judgment since it`s Arceus`Signature move.

Stat moves are the best moves in the game. Agility and Swords Dance will mess up your team badly if you don't have a counter; even if you have a super-high defense, a 6+ Swords Dance REALLY hurts (yes, that's FOUR times your total ATK).

Sandstorm if you have a shedninja, and defog is useful for evasion clauses, it brings down their evasion, so instead of missing every time you have to something to help you hit

Shedinja sucks; he has too many weaknesses -- Sandstorm on the other hand is one of the best moves in the game because it raises Rock-types' S.DEF, damages the foe (that small damage really adds up), grants Pokemon like Garchomp Sand Veil, cripples Morning Sun, Moonlight, and Synthesis, and if you time it right... Hoho 3 turn Solarbeam FTL.

You're a prick if you raise your Evasion in battles anyway : /
    Use sure-hit moves instead as well.

PKFL_531

What do you expect?
    Years
  • Harrharr.. Every move has its own special use. They all have a way to help SOMEONE. No matter what move you say, it will be countered by another person because there will always a be a scenario where you will need that move.

Maybe not Splash though, butyou can't promote splash as one of the attacks.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2009
    Mud and Water sports... if they are useful in double battles trainers in the game doesn't use them xD they use it in single ones xD

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • tbh, I partially disagree with what I said earlier on further thought; most single-stat raising moves are completely useless outside of Bibarel's Defense Curl and the double stat-augmenting moves like Calm Mind.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • Umm about Flatter.
    It's designed for pokemon who use physical attacks, because then they recieve no bonus in damage if they DON'T hit themselves and manage to get an attack past confusion..

Confuse Ray is better in every single way.

Also Defog can be useful for getting rid of spikes, etc..

Harrharr.. Every move has its own special use. They all have a way to help SOMEONE. No matter what move you say, it will be countered by another person because there will always a be a scenario where you will need that move.

Maybe not Splash though, butyou can't promote splash as one of the attacks.

Lots of moves are terrible. Try countering Flatter or Contrict.

Nudge

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    Most useless move?
    Probably Astonish in my opinion, it seems pointless and does like no damage, so yeah.

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
  • Hmm...
    I would of said splash but in that case i would say...

Helping hand i never understood that move.

iuo96

iuo96
    Years
    • VA
    • Seen Sep 8, 2012
    splash sucks
    so do stat raising and stat lowering moves
    they just get you killed

Pokegirl98

Just an Average Fangirl
    Years
  • I agree with everybody else so far, and i would like to add HELPING HAND to the list. Its useless unless you're in a double battle, and i only double battle when forced to. When I do double battle, its basically the only move your partner knows or wastes time putting out a move that doesn't do anything noticably helpful.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Confuse Ray is better in every single way.

Also Defog can be useful for getting rid of spikes, etc..

Lots of moves are terrible. Try countering Flatter or Contrict.

Defog removes Spikes / Stealth Rock, etc. on YOUR OPPONENT'S SIDE not yours, a.k.a. helping your enemy.

splash sucks
    so do stat raising and stat lowering moves
    they just get you killed

Not if you use them right.

Back