• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mother 4

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
Years
Great, I can't wait to see it! Now, to type some stuff about this project...

It's rolling along pretty smoothly; me and Eneko are trying are hardest to get some screenshots before the end of January. One of our main problems is OWs and tiles. Also graphics. That's why there's been such a big delay on process. But now that Esmas has created at least one OW and some tiles, we will probably realese the first screenshot in the next few days/weeks. Again, sorry for the inconvience, just a bit longer, \o/.

~Dai-kun~

The black wind howls again...
Years
Yeah another Mother fan who stepped up to make a game ^^ I hope it will be successful especially with a character named Pheonix...that would've been something I would've said...meh but the point is good luck

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
On a second check through the sprite, I instead used the older sprite of Lucas to base the sprite on, and added some nice designs on his shirt and shorts. I'll keep the smaller Phoenix just in case, you know, a past cutscene or something.

phoenixnh2.png

I'll get to work on some more tiles. It's quite fun. ^^

Here's the tile sheet, I slightly edited the tree because of the outline being a different color than Mother's.

mother4tilesha1.png

Last edited:

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
Years
Could you post/pm/contact me with the grass tile? I then can tell Eneko tommorow. By the way, loving the new Phoenix. Just to let everyone know, Phoenix represents me, as it is my real name, Digit represents Eneko, and Tyler represents -Link-. (Esmas knows him). And just know -Link- is watching me type (lol) and he told me that we should do a cutscene of when Phoenix was younger. Mabye of when he and Tyler and Digit did something important. So yeah, we'll be using the young Phoenix as well. Mabye if you get the time, make the whole OW sheet of Phoenix? ;D

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
Years
I see your signature, Esmas. You understand those tiles you made for us are for US, correct? x.x; Just being secure with you. (And, you sort of copied us.) You'll still be helping our game, correct?

On another note, Me and Eneko are back at school. First day = good. In my free time, I wrote a few things for Mother IV. I will be going over to Eneko's house on friday to get started on Mapping and eventing. Exept screens by next Monday. Adios, amigos!

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
I see your signature, Esmas. You understand those tiles you made for us are for US, correct? x.x; Just being secure with you. (And, you sort of copied us.) You'll still be helping our game, correct?
I began the idea of making Mother game long before I knew about this project. I never said that I'm using the tiles I made for Mother 4 in my game, and I never said that I quite helping you out.

Auistle

seTranquility.
Years
First of all, kudos for the originality. I haven't seen a mother fan game until now :D.
Now, for the part that makes you cringe or yell Hurrah: The crit. >:D.

First of all, becuase you have no screenshots or any graphical thing fo that matter, I will leave the Maps and events page of critism blank :P But, you do have tiles, which are important in every game, so I'll rate you on those. Esmas is an overall very good spriter, and props to him for taking on a new style and tackling it hard. I mean it; amazing tiles, Esmas. They look like you just ripped them of Nintendo. Great work. And since mother game's core is the story, I'll rate your story as well. It seems like a strong story, but you need to work on making it larger and giving it more detail. Overall, nice job Eneko. If I remember correctly, you posted saying you'll have screenshots up this weekend. I can't wait to see them. Very well done, Eneko & Nytkoi. Good luck.

Last edited:

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Thanks for the comments on my sprites and tiles, Auistle. I'm glad to be spriting in a new style, the Pokémon style gets a little old after creating hundreds of sprites. I'm also glad to see my sprites and tiles in a respectable game.

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
Years
Wow, Auistle. I aploud to you; great crit. I'm sure it well help quite a bit. Sorry about no sceenshots; we had to postpone our meeting each other. But we will hopefully meet this friday. Also, I got an A on my science test, so I might go on more this week. Besides the social studies test tomorrow. xD Me and Eneko will hopefully have a screenshot up this week. :]

Back