• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Move automatic replace during evolution bypassing the question... How can I make it?!

Years
    Good day!
    (I'm using currently EBDX and Pokémon Essentials V19.1 on RPG Maker XP)

Let's say I am making a move for Pikachu's thunderbolt containing a cry(Other than the cry that comes out when Pikachu appears in the battle), and I'm doing the same with Raichu.
    Let's say I made a new move called PIKATHUNDERBOLT and replaced the normal Thunderbolt Pikachu already had, and did the same with Raichu and called it RAITHUNDERBOLT.
    Is there a way I can just replace PIKATHUNDERBOLT with RAITHUNDERBOLT during evolution WITHOUT the default question that asks if Raichu wants to learn it?! I want to make sure the move replaces the other, so Raichu doesn't make Pikachu's cry when it releases its thunderbolt.
    If so, can you help me?!​

Please tell me it can be done.​
    Thank you very much...​

Last edited:
    Years
    This seems very doable. Try checking how Rotom's moves are changed across forms and adapt that but instead of being for a particular form, have your move replacement run always.

Years
    I am trying hard but I am new to this, I don't have much knowledge but I'm determined I want to do it...

This seems very doable. Try checking how Rotom's moves are changed across forms and adapt that but instead of being for a particular form, have your move replacement run always.

Okay, it seems that Rotom isn't able to change form in my game, I also can't find the needed items (appliances)...
    Is there something I need to add to my game?!

I will still check and do my research until further reply.

Added: I didn't know how to do it,... I need to tell the script to specifically replace this move with that, and set it under the condition if the Pokémon has learnt the old move or not.

Last edited:
    Back