• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Move Help :3

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Basically I've been going through Diamond with a team of unevolved and weak pokemon for the first time, and have reached Canalave City with a team of 6 (about equal in level), and am now stuck on Byron... The team below is final and nothing will evolve, but I'm stuck on what moves to teach them since at the moment they don't have much power at all. So yeah, basically move suggestions for each would very appreciated!

Team

Piplup
Level: 33
  • Pound
  • Bide
  • Surf
  • Peck

Croagunk
  • Mud Bomb
  • Revenge
  • Swagger
  • Faint Attack

Anorith
Level: 29
  • Scratch
  • Protect
  • Metal Claw
  • X-Scissor

Swablu
Level: 26
  • Fly
  • Astonish
  • Aerial Ace
  • Steel Wing

Pachirisu
Level: 35
  • Spark
  • Discharge
  • Grass Knot
  • Super Fang

Roselia
  • Hidden Power (Electric)
  • Growth
  • Giga Drain
  • Stun Spore

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
Years
First off, you need to LEVEL UP YOUR TEAM! Bryon's Pokemon range from levels 37-41, so use the VS Seeker for trainer remaches and get more experience.

Other than that, I'll go through your team and change your movesets a bit.

My changes/comments will be in BOLD:

Piplup
  • Brick Break
  • Ice Beam
  • Surf
  • Peck

Bryon's Pokemon are weak to fighting, so Brick Break will come in very handy. Ice Beam is the only other thing I recommend until you can get Drill Peck. Ice Beam can be bought as a Game Corner Prize, and you can buy coins, so it's fairly easy to acquire.

Croagunk
  • Earthquake
  • Revenge
  • Swagger
  • Faint Attack

Earthquake is another must-have for Bryon. Steel is weak to Ground, so EQ is very useful. Otherwise, just level up.

Anorith
Level: 29
  • Rock Slide / Stone Edge
  • Swords Dance
  • Metal Claw
  • X-Scissor

You need a Rock-type attack here, and Rock Slide or Stone Edge are your best bets. Swords Dance can also be used to give a boost.

Swablu
Level: 26
  • Fly
  • Sing
  • Aerial Ace
  • Steel Wing

Sing will help Swablu tremendously. Teach it Dragon Pulse as it levels up over Steel Wing, and you'll be good to go. I recommend giving Swablu the Wide Lens to increase Fly and Sing's accuracy as well.

Pachirisu
Level: 35
  • Spark
  • Discharge
  • Grass Knot
  • Super Fang

Not too bad here. Just level up a bit more.

Roselia
  • Shadow Ball / Hidden Power [Fire / Rock]
  • Ingrain / Leech Seed
  • Giga Drain
  • Stun Spore / Toxic / Sludge Bomb

HP Electric is a bad type for Roselia. HP Fire or HP Rock covers more of its weakness. Ingrain or Leech Seed provide with healing, and you could use Toxic over Stun Spore or Sludge Bomb as a secondary STAB move. Teach it Synthesis once it learns it via Level Up over Ingrain or Leech Seed. You could also go with Rest if your ability is Natural Cure, since Natural Cure heals status upon switching out.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Hmm, that sounds a lot better, thanks Jab. But where do I get half of those TMs? :s Like Brick Break, Earth Quake, Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb, Rock Slide...?

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
Years
According to my Platinum Walkthrough Book:

Brick Break: Oreburgh Gate B1F after getting Bicycle
Ice Beam: Veilstone Game Corner Prize
Shadow Ball: Route 210 after getting the Secret Potion
Sludge Bomb: Galactic Veilstone Building B2F
Swords Dance: Veilstone Game Corner Prize
Earthquake: Wayward Cave

All of those above you get before Bryon if you've cleared every area.

Rock Slide is the only one you get after the Elite Four.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I'm playing Diamond though xD The locations are all different :3

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Ahh okay, I'll go get those then! Then after Byron I'll get EQ. Many thanks. ^^

Back