• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moves Never Shown In The Anime

Kristy Haruka

Johto Fangirl!~
Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2009
    I find it strange that the anime team only focuses on a few moves and forget to use others altogether! For example, when have we ever seen moves like Baton Pass or Magic Coat used? D:

Hopefully they make full use of the MANY interesting moves in Pokemon! Post some that you haven't seen and want to see. And for those of you who HAVE seen them, please try to show us the episode! ^_^

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Have we ever seen Substitute? I don't think we have?

Years
  • Have we ever seen Substitute? I don't think we have?

They have shown substitute, in the Shaymin and Giratina movie, shaymin uses substitute to escape Giratina
    Anyways, i would love to see Hydro Cannon and Blast Burn used, Frenzy Plant has been used plenty of times

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Thunder Bolt.

Stealth Rock would be awesome to see. I would very much enjoy seeing rocks fly around and smashing into people. Another move would be Return or Frustration.

Miror B.

"Music!"
    Years
  • Toxic Spikes, please.

Don't deny the awesomeness that would be Toxic Spikes in the anime.

Of course, this post is epic fail if they HAVE used it in the anime.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    I'm pretty sure Barry's Empoleon knew Hydro Cannon and I vividly remember seeing it being used.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • Thunder Bolt.

Stealth Rock would be awesome to see. I would very much enjoy seeing rocks fly around and smashing into people. Another move would be Return or Frustration.

If I remember correctly, Stealth Rock was used. Pillars of rocks are stuck onto the floor or something, and when a Pokemon is sent out, the rocks activate and slam at the Pokemon.

It was... DP015?

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • Yes Stealth Rock was used by Roark's Onix
    Um were Tail Whip or other stats reducing moves shown?

Tail whip was used by Squirtle but it did damage like a tail like whip not lower the opponent's defense.

I'd like to see Roar of Time and Spacial Rend used, I know Dialga has been in 2 movies and Palkia one and they're both starring in the upcoming movie but still I don't remember seeing these moves

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • I've seen Defense Curl, used by Max's borrowed Azurill/Marill (?) in the Roxanne debut episode.

That's the only stat-related move I remember.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Psyduck has used Tail Whip in the biker gang episode, but it looked more like it was supposed to be an attack. Other stat moves like Swords Dance, Screech, Sand Attack and Double Team have been used

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Fissure, Sheer Cold, Horn Drill, Guillotine
    You know the one-hit knockout moves. I'm sure at least one of them have been used before but they're all cool.

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
    Years
  • Okay, I agree with wanting to see new moves in the show, but how do you know they wont turn out suckish? Ever since darkrai came out I had wanted to see dark void used in the anime but when I did it wasn't even remotly cool. Dark void looks better in the game.

As for a move that I would like to see... well I dont watch pokemon that much so I haven't seen many episodes, so basically I'm saying there is a 99.99% chance that this has been featured... but I want to see extrasensory.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Stealth Rock was used in DP15, the battle with Hyouta and Shinji.

Have we ever seen Substitute? I don't think we have?
    Shaymin in Giratina in the Sky Warrior.

I'd like to see Roar of Time and Spacial Rend used, I know Dialga has been in 2 movies and Palkia one and they're both starring in the upcoming movie but still I don't remember seeing these moves
    Yeah, they use both of these moves in The Rise of Darkrai.

List of moves not seen:
    Spoiler:

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Those are the ones that I remember seeing :D

Back