• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moves Pokemon should have, but don't?

Years
    One thing that always bothered me was the fact that small bird Pokemon like Pidgey and Starly are able to learn Fly, but larger Flying Pokemon like Scyther and Gliscor can't, even though they can learn other Flying attacks.

Ayselipera

I wish bug/flying types could learn Fly. I've used almost every flying type Pokemon that can use the HM Fly and I'm getting tired of them. Plus if bug/flying types could use Fly I would catch them more often. They get ignored because of this problem. :(

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Luxray, Electrive need Volt Tackle. Plus Gliscor and etc. things bigger than Pidgey that have wings need to be able to fly..

UlvMor

I'm pretty sure I'm awesome
    Years
    I agree with the above comments. I never understood giving some pokemon wings if they don't use them, and then why some of them can use moves like gust but can't use fly. TERRIBLE LOGIC NINTENDO.

Serin

Noob
    Years
    I agree with the above comments. I never understood giving some pokemon wings if they don't use them, and then why some of them can use moves like gust but can't use fly. TERRIBLE LOGIC NINTENDO.

Ostrich? Penguin?

Wut?

I don't really have any problems with Pokemon's movepools...they all seem fine to me.

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2010
    In addition...

Flygon ~ Swords Dance/Dragon Dance

I mean at least one of the two, much less both. It would make sweeping with him much easier.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Ampharos and Tail Glow. It fits. (I really hate it when Pokemon cannot learn moves implied in their Dex entries...)

I wish the Legendary Birds learned ExtraSensory through level up instead of purification from shadow status...

But the one I'm really annoyed is why Rayquaza cannot learn Sky Attack. It represents the skies!! :t384: Ho-oh gets that and Brave Bird... Can Rayquaza get at the least one powerful Flying-type move to show its dominance in the skies?? (Seriously, this was one reason I was eager to get HGSS released, and the omission of this from the Move Tutors is just aggravating!!)

Back