• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Moving HP Bars and Pokemon Positions for Battles

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    I am trying something new with Pokemon Essentials and I had a roadblock. I have an idea that will change the Pokemon Battle System UI and make it seem like something new. I understand that I need to edit numbers and positions and have read through the scripts very carefully but every edit I seem to make doesn't change anything. I have searched every forum board and thread that I could find that is even remotely related to my idea, and still made no progress. I am on 17.2 of essentials as well.
    All I need is to move the player's pokemon HP bar and HP text box thing to the left side, move the foes to where the player's is and move the player's Pokemon up to be across from the foe. I have the graphics and everything else. I just can't seem to move the boxes and Pokemon successfully. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    That's a pretty extensive set of changes.

Have you tried changing the constants in PokeBattle_SceneConstants? That sets the coordinates of basically all the scene stuff.

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    That's a pretty extensive set of changes.

Have you tried changing the constants in PokeBattle_SceneConstants? That sets the coordinates of basically all the scene stuff.

That's what I am changing but I seem to be unable to make the changes or any noticeable changes at that rate. Can you point me to the right constants?

Years
    This will allow you to move the HP bar of your Pokemon information along the X axis.
    PLAYERBOX_X = Graphics.width - 244

These two are used to move the opponents HP bar on the X and Y axis respectively.
    FOEBOX_X = -16
    FOEBOX_Y = 36

There are more things that you will need to edit to get your desired battle scene, as Vendily mentioned it is all in PokeBattle_SceneConstants, hopefully these variables will help point you in the right directions of what you are trying to accomplish.

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    This will allow you to move the HP bar of your Pokemon information along the X axis.
    PLAYERBOX_X = Graphics.width - 244

These two are used to move the opponents HP bar on the X and Y axis respectively.
    FOEBOX_X = -16
    FOEBOX_Y = 36

There are more things that you will need to edit to get your desired battle scene, as Vendily mentioned it is all in PokeBattle_SceneConstants, hopefully these variables will help point you in the right directions of what you are trying to accomplish.

Thanks for the direction. I am unable to test this as of right now, but I will be trying tomorrow.
    Playerbox is the box with the HP, name and level right?

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    The box that contains the HP bar, level, status, gender, name of the Pokemon and exp bar

Thanks! I went back and tried the exact ones you mentioned and it works. I finally completed the reworked battle system

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2022
    Thanks! I went back and tried the exact ones you mentioned and it works. I finally completed the reworked battle system

So did you get it completely working?? I was actually hoping to do the same thing with showing percentages for the HP and would really appreciate the help!

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    So did you get it completely working?? I was actually hoping to do the same thing with showing percentages for the HP and would really appreciate the help!

Sorry for the late response, I forget to log into my account when I use the site. Yes I did manage to get it working. I managed to adjust all positions to have the pokemon side by side, both using a front sprite. Sadly, I don't know how to make it show percents for the HP but it *shouldn't* be too hard

Back