• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool] Mr. Doll Steak's Rombase and unLZ-GBA

Years
  • Hello, Pokecommunity,

I am currently developing a hack using Mr. Doll Steak's rombase and want to edit various sprites in unLZ-GBA, however, when it appears that the indexes for various sprites are different after the patch is applied than for a standard copy of BPRE.

Is there any way of knowing where a specific sprite is located within the rombase? Is there an alternative tool which I should be using?

Thank you.

Phantom Phoenix

Lost on the road of life
    Years
    • Age 27
    • ???
    • Seen Jul 1, 2020
    I don't think there are any easy way to know what unlz index are after applying a patch.
    But, that this index CHANGING happens because :
    * Some image were repointed ..
    * Images were inserted in free space which free space was between old images resulting their index being different .
    Anyway, if you want to use unlZ-gba you will see notice that even though sprites and images index is different after applying mrds platch most images are still in the same offset. So , if you remember what the image offset is before applying patch, you can track down the image by the offset in unlz-gba.

Besides, unlz-gba is outdated. You can use NSE classic , nse 2.X , GBA graphics editor or unlz - advance for graphics editing.
    If you are familiar with unlz-gba then you can try unlz-advance . which is an improved version of unlz -GBA . where you can specify offset and jump there which you couldn't do in old unlz-gba.

Back