• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[MTG] ascendedcliffs.t2.dek

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
Years
  • So I like Kazuul, but it seems nobody really does, so I've decided to mix two of my favorite unappreciated rares to make a half-decent deck to work with them.

Now with MCI links, and more importantly, a sideboard! =D

-3- Creatures

-3- Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs

-31- Other Spells

-4- Luminarch Ascension
    -4- Safe Passage
    -4- Angelsong
    -4- Intimidation Bolt
    -3- Ajani Vengeant
    -2- Elspeth, Knight-Errant
    -4- Lightning Bolt
    -2- Day of Judgment
    -2- Oblivion Ring
    -2- Path to Exile
    -2- Harm's Way

-24- Lands

-4- Jungle Shrine
    -4- Dread Statuary
    -4- Arid Mesa
    -8- Plains
    -4- Mountain

-15- Sideboard

-4- Celestial Purge
    -4- Goblin Ruinblaster
    -2- Harm's Way
    -3- Martial Coup
    -2- Tectonic Edge

Last edited:

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
  • Looks nice, though I have a question.

Why is Tectonic Edge at 4? And why is Goblin Ruinblaster in the sideboard when Edge is at 4? Tectonic Edge is usually run at 2 at most (it's much much worse than Strip Mine after all) and adding Ruinblaster to that is a little...

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • I have a case of the 4-ofs. What was your first clue? :P

I don't really have an idea as to what to replace them with. Earthquakes? Burst Lightnings?

Cirrus

Years
  • How about Dread Statuary or somesuch? Red and White being enemy colors doesn't help here, sadly, otherwise you could've replaced it with Worldwake-style lands. Aaah...

What about more Path/O-Ring? I'm a bit lazy, so much so that I'm too lazy to calc the mana curve here... Or perhaps Perimeter Captains for blocking random things and doing stuff? I get the feeling that maybe you need a little more than just, uh, 3 token-making creatures and 4 token-making enchantments. It WILL make you angry occasionally if you can't, say, accumulate enough counters on Luminarch Ascension.

Hmmmmmmmm.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Put 2 edges into the side board and put 2 harm's ways into your main deck

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • I'd put edges at 3 myself, just because of the ridiculous number of targets available right now (oran rief, emeria, crypt, valakut, manlands, tri lands being the obvious).

Cirrus

Years
  • Question is, are they going to be worth 3 slots? The 4 or more lands restriction isn't necessarily excellent.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • Games don't end in blowouts in standard. If you draw edge, you will be able to use it 100% of the time. Decks like Jund are dog to edges specifically because they're so colour dependent. Often times you can shut off 1 entire colour just by edging against their single nonbasic source.

White Weenie plays emeria for long term card advantage. The only threat there is to the long game in a control deck like this is emeria post-stabilization.

Eldrazi green speeds up its kill speed by a good 20-30% with oran rief. It's generally a good idea to keep that in check.

Standard Dredge auto-folds to edge on crypt.

Valakut only has its alternative kill when you destroy valakut.

Heck, even UW control's running a decent number of nonbasics, where they can counter ruinblaster.

I'd rather have better insurance by having an extra edge than not, that's all.

Back