• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[MTG] Deckbuilder's Toolkit

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
Years
  • https://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/arcana/312

Sounds like the perfect product for a new players to start up on. 100 lands = 20 of each basic land. Outside of mono-coloured decks, this looks to be enough for a new player to start up on their deck building.

20 bucks for essentially 4 packs (which already runs at 10 bucks for 3 packs), 100 lands, and a bunch of semi-random cards sounds like a pretty sweet deal, even if the packs themselves might not be recent. Heck, if they're passing out M10 packs in them, it would be pretty awesome. :3

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • When I saw this on MTG Salvation, I was happy.
    Then I saw people complaining about the "semi-random" part, and I started to get worried.

Still, this would be a great set for a new limited/sealed format, and 100 lands is not too shabby for a land-set for drafting.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • It'll be nice to figure out what sets these packs are coming from. I'd really like to see if any sets I'm after will be included in this pack.

I'll take a bet and say it's standard sets, so Shards, Reborn, Conflux, 2010, Zendikar and Worldwake. :V

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • I don't think it's something to worry about just yet, kohei. Unless the semi-random cards are terribad beyond belief, it'll most likely work out fine. There obviously has to be a mix of both good and bad cards in the semi-random slots, but that's part of the deck building process.

MTG Salvation people would rather have the entire toolkit be filled with good stuff anyway. Heck, people complained about black lotuses in Zendikar packs. >.>

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • I would buy this just for the lands :P
    I don't play the game anymore; I just like looking at the different Land illustrations.

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    Ah finally, something to help me with a better build than my other. I'm pretty happy that they made this; 'cause I was lost in which pack to buy to get the right cards, and the right stores to go to buy the cards, etc etc.

So, yush. I have made it quite clear already, but I shall say it once more: Yay. ^^

Back