• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[MTG] Feeling Ablazed

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
Years
  • Lands:
    4 Scalding Tarn
    10 Mountain
    8 Island

Nothing of real interest in land. Might fiddle around for panoramas and stuff if I really want to. Violent eruption would mean that I'm replacing some number of islands with U/R lands luck crumbling necropolis.

1 mana:
    4 Lightning bolt
    4 Burst lightning/magma spray

Bolt's obvious in an ablaze deck. The other two seems more of a metagame call. Spray handles the major threats better (e.g. bloodghast, but sadly not the nissa chosens), but can't realistically be used for chandra's ultimate.

2 mana:
    4 Pyroclasm
    4 punishing fire
    2 Think Twice

Pyro for early sweep and clear the board so I live. Punishing fire has a chance of coming back. If I were playing money, I'd add some groves to make punishing fire really worthwhile. Think twice is a nice card draw card, but can also be discarded to chandra without costing me a card (due to flashback).

3 mana:
    4 Fiery Temper
    4 Volcanic Fallout
    4 Electrolyze
    4 Thirst for knowledge

Fiery temper makes lightning bolts out of my Chandra discard (so obvious inclusion for that 7 damage for 1 mana). Volcanic fallout adds to the sweeping, but this time it brings opponents closer to chandra's ultimate. Electrolyze has always been good in UR builds because of the card advantage. Thirst is good card selection.

6 mana:
    4 Chandra Ablaze

Obviously discard 2 cards, ultimate for game is the plan.

Possible other cards to use:
    Grab the reins
    For 7 mana, steal a guy, blast it onto my opponent('s creature). Kinda expensive, but funny when it works.

Magma jet
    I would think this is preferential to magma spray/burst lightning because of scry. Scry is really good.

Puncture blast
    For the wither, but kinda expensive.

Solar blast
    Cycles for 3, and 1 damage to boot. But overshadowed by electrolyze.

Violent eruption
    Possible madness card. 4 mana isn't bad for instant speed 4 damage that can divide in any way.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • Can't you kick spells you freecast? You can do it off Broken-As-Hell-cade, you should be able to do it off Chandra's ultimate.

I like the idea of Hellspark Elemental in this deck. Just because it's decent creature removal that can be used twice if needbe and doesn't lose you a card to Chandra.

Also, Quenchable Fire might not be that bad an idea.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • Can't you kick spells you freecast? You can do it off Broken-As-Hell-cade, you should be able to do it off Chandra's ultimate.

Yeah I think you can kick free spells, not that kicking burst lightning's any good. There's only 1 good cascade spell for this deck, and I have to dip into black for it. Burst lightning is better in general except when dealing with the problem creatures. Bloodghast will END this deck without magma spray. Not having to spend two pieces of removal on kitchen finks helps a lot.

I like the idea of Hellspark Elemental in this deck. Just because it's decent creature removal that can be used twice if needbe and doesn't lose you a card to Chandra.

How is hellspark elemental removal?

Also, Quenchable Fire might not be that bad an idea.

Win more.

Back