• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[MTG] goblins.t2.dek

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
Years
  • Making this for a friend. Just my crazy ideas and whatnot.

-20- Creatures

-4- Goblin Guide
    -4- Warren Instigator
    -3- Siege-Gang Commander
    -4- Goblin Chieftain
    -3- Goblin Shortcutter
    -2- Goblin Bushwhacker

-18- Other Spells

-4- Quest for the Goblin Lord
    -4- Lightning Bolt
    -4- Searing Blaze
    -3- Burst Lightning
    -3- Earthquake

-22- Lands

-4- Arid Mesa
    -4- Scalding Tarn
    -3- Teetering Peaks
    -11- Mountain

-- Sideboard

-4- Goblin Ruinblaster
    -3- Unstable Footing
    -3- Quenchable Fire
    -3- Tuktuk Scrapper
    -2- Punishing Fire

The deck is simple: Turn 1 Quest, turn 2 Warren Instigator, turn 3 removal / Shortcutter, swing for 2, pop out Siege-Gang, turn 4 Chieftain, attack for 25. 'Cause that's just lots of fun.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
  • Looks really solid.

The only issue I have with this deck is the 22 lands thing. I mean, I hate drawing into lands as much as the next guy, but why 3 Earthquake in a deck full of non-flyings with low toughness? If it were me, I'd probably cut down 1 or 2 Earthquakes and maybe a Searing Blaze (probably 2 Earthquakes, though) to field in another Mountain and another Teetering Peaks to make for a nice 24 land count for the Quest.

But that's just me.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • Earthquake's strictly a finisher, or if for some reason I'm lacking board presence, a DoJ with added burn.

24 lands would be nice, but the goodies in here are all too good to drop. I do want to drop something, but Earthquake can't be it. It's a board-wiper, a finisher, an everything in this deck, pretty much.

I'd really like to cut the Siege-Gangs, admittedly, but since Warren into Siege-Gang gets Quest active I really can't.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • -1 shortcutter, +1 bushwacker (maybe -2 shortcutter for +2 buchwacker)
    In general I find Wacker's pump + haste to be more effective.

-1 peaks, +1 mountain
    Peaks at 3 still feels a bit uncomfortable, as I don't want to see it until it's my 4th land at earliest.

Should probably maindeck some ruinblasters as well.

Back