• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mudkip line barely seen in anime since AG

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2020
    A thing that bothers me is how the Mudkip line, my favorite starter of all time, is represented in the anime since AG. Since AG, Mudkip has appeared once, Marshtomp has not appeared at all, and Swampert has appeared once in the show and then again in a movie.

In XY, a series that had a Hoenn influence, Sceptile and Blaziken got their screentime. But Swampert did not. The Sceptile line was seen for most of the anime as one was owned by Sawyer. Blaziken was owned by the Masked Blaziken man (aka Clemont's dad) and played a huge role in the early part of XY. Swampert gets no screen time at all in the main series and only appears in a special. Mega Swampert only appears in said special and has a minimal role in Movie 19 as an antagonist. Since AG, Mudkip only gets shown in a flashback in XY for like one second. XY really mistreated their starters as Chesnaught also got no screentime until XYZ.

I have hope for Marshtomp coming back as some are in the opening for the current season.

I've noticed and found this odd too. In ag I figured it was because brock often got shafted and as a result his marshtomp never had the chance to evolve, but going into kalos it was strange the writers never gave swampert a similar level of screen time. Meanwhile blaziken got so much haha.. it was like a mini charizard at times. Surely they noticed the lack of water hoenn starter by kalos and would have learned from that I figured, right? :(

Back