• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Multi-Regional?

Intelligence

The return
Years
  • I only see Ultra Space as a possibility. I'd rather explore Kanto in full fledged sequels than shoved into USUM. Johto could be added to the sequels as well then.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Honestly , I want Alola to get a Mainland.
    I disliked Alola because it feel so small , poor and rural compare to other region since it entirely made of 4 Island.
    It feel like Game-Freak took Whirl/Sevil Island and leveled them as region for Alola.

pkmin3033

I disliked Alola because it feel so small , poor and rural compare to other region since it entirely made of 4 Island.
    It feel like Game-Freak took Whirl/Sevil Island and leveled them as region for Alola.
    Whilst I can see your point, I think there is just as much content on the islands of Alola as there is any other single region. I think the disjointed feeling comes from the fact that you can't surf between them...there is no real sense of travel progression, as you're ferried from one to the next. They have a very linear, stage-based feel to them in that regard, and I think the easiest way to make them feel more expansive would be to open up sea routes between them and let you actually explore at your own pace, rather than take a "stage clear!" sort of approach to them.

Linearity has always been a thing in Pokemon games, but in Alola it was especially problematic due to that stage-based approach and the hand-holding NPCs; the content was there, you just weren't allowed to explore it at your own pace. In that sense, a few small design changes - freedom to move about by yourself - would be enough to make Alola feel a lot bigger without actually adding all that much new content. Design is just as important in these things.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2021
    I don't think it will happen, but I still think it's fun to imagine going back to other regions. Kalos if they decide to make Zygarde actually do something for the storyline (travelling from Kalos when it senses a disturbance in the ecosystem...Even though that's what the tapus as here for) or Kanto if we want to go meet Lillie.
    From what I understand. which is little, the 3DS can't handle a much bigger game than SM so I don't think a whole other region would happen, but maybe we could visit select locations? Like Ultra beasts go after Lillie somewhere in Kanto and maybe because of the intersection of the two dimensions you can only access part of Kanto, the rest being blocked off by wormholes. That would allow us to visit familiar locations without having to make a big commitment to a whole other region

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen yesterday
    i think we might have already seen a good bit of the mainland. alola is based on hawaii meaning that the mainland would be the USA.
    now look at Unova which is based on New York City (mostly Manhattan) and parts of eastern New Jersey & orre which is based on Phoenix, Arizona.
    theres your mainland.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • While I hope for a multi-regional game one day, why do people always speculate that we'll get a multi-regional game every time a new game is announced?

To be honest, I wouldn't mind USu/UMo to have another region, as if this is the end of Pok?mon main series on 3DS, they should give it a big farewell.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Kanto is not an option or possibility. Want kanto? Play RBY virtual console, FRLG or HGSS. Even GS virtual console would have kanto. But it is done. I doubt sinnoh would appear because it is likely to be in remakes. Unova has no reason of returning. Kalos i have given up on returning. GF is not going to do another a multi-region game any time soon. GSC and HGSS are the exceptions for obvious reasons.

Back