• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Munchlax Annoyance

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Why don't you try breeding? That's what I did. I didn't feel like going through the hatsle(or whatever.) to find one. Female combee was hard enough. (Found one Ran away from it. Still caught one though.)

Breeding won't work for anyone who doesn't have Wi-fi or Pal Park opportunities. E.g. me. xDD Unfortunately.

But breeding is definitely the easier option to get Munchlax, or the GTS off someone else. Makes life much easier for Munchlax finding.

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    Sorry if it's the wrong place to ask, but can you get Munlax if you breed Snorlax (with Full Incense) with Ditto? Or do you need both Snorlax?
    (I understand that females are rare).

Xylitol

*Insert pun here*
    Years
    Ditto works fine as the other parent.

...I didn't bother looking for Munchlax in the trees. I just caught a few female Combees, some Cherubis and Aipom. I've gotten a few Burmys over GTS.

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2007
    I never even bothered with that. I just migrated Snorlax, added Full Incense, put it in the Daycare with Ditto and produced about 20 of them.

Munchlax managed to get me tons of pokemon on the GTS, I had no idea it was so wanted.

J_zero

EVs, Rarities, Shinies :D
    Years
    just save before talkin to the tree :) tht way if you dont get the desired pokemon turn off ;)

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2007
    just save before talkin to the tree :) tht way if you dont get the desired pokemon turn off ;)

Actually, the pokemon doesn't change.

Only the level does. But at least a level 14 Wurmple is better than level 5.

J_zero

EVs, Rarities, Shinies :D
    Years
    Wht?? but the pokemon changed when i did tht -.- ummm... thts strange, well it worked with me :)

Xander247

Pokémon Trainer/Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Feb 11, 2010
    Actually, the pokemon doesn't change.

Only the level does. But at least a level 14 Wurmple is better than level 5.

Think the sex can also change, at least that's how I remember getting my female Combee.

Drakorn

[b][color=red]Skarmory is love[/color][/b]
    Years
    I have the problem also, that is why I got one off my friend, give it back to her and trade one from the GTS.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2013
    I remember 2 months ago I was trying to catch it honey on like 7 trees each day and never got it and I did it for 3 weeks straight XD, I ended up trading someone for the Munchlax level 1 but it ended up being a Bad egg and deleted it.

Guess i'll try again. x3

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Think the sex can also change, at least that's how I remember getting my female Combee.

The level, gender and nature of the Pokemon are what's changable for soft resetting on it. And of course... being shiny.

I've finally found stuff other than Burmy!! I'm still finding that Munchlax is a difficult one... O.o

Phoenix Wright

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2007
    I found a heracross but I accidently killed it.
    Ive never found a munchlax, and I've seen like 3 combees.

Last edited:

jacobyoung1996

Variety Gym ******
    Years
    How can I get a female Combee, because I really want a Vespiquen because theyre like my fav pokemon. All I get is male combee and aipom

The level, gender and nature of the Pokemon are what's changable for soft resetting on it. And of course... being shiny.

I've finally found stuff other than Burmy!! I'm still finding that Munchlax is a difficult one... O.o

Burmy is one that Im having loads of treouble on.

Last edited:

Znale

Disturbed Morphing Jar
    Years
    The Valley Windworks honey-tree provides the greatest chance of encountering a Munchlax (This is NOT stated as a fact!). The appearance rate is somewhere around 1-5% so it's a VERY rare Pokemon. It's the same with Heracross, though there is a greater possibility that it will appear rather than a "Munchie".

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    How can I get a female Combee, because I really want a Vespiquen because theyre like my fav pokemon. All I get is male combee and aipom

Burmy is one that Im having loads of treouble on.
    Like I said in that quote. Soft reset for the Combee.

Well, so far I've encountered 3 out of the 6 rarer Pokemon. Burmy, (millions of) Combee and 3 Cherrim. Just keep trying.
    See that thread you quoted? Notice the first sentence. Before you check the shaking tree, save first. Then check. If it's a boy Combee, then soft reset (L+R+SELECT). Keep doing that until you get a girl.
    Soft reset for the DS also requires pressing the Start button.

L+R+START+SELECT.

Charizard-lord

Yuni is awesome
    Years
    I think I read somewhere that if you put more than one honey on the tree it increases the chance of getting a Munchlax. That could be a lie though.

Back