• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Musaigen no Phantom World

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I don't understand people, really. I can't understand how people went into this anime expecting something like Hibike Euphonium. Or Hyouka. Or something else. I mean, come on. The previews, the character art, the OP! I'm sure someone with a little bit of common sense could piece things together as to what kind of series this was obviously gonna end up being lmfao.

^ I'm bringing this up because I've seen people post stuff like "SHIT show. KyoAni lost their touch." and "Garbage series. I wanted something like Eupho, KyoAni!" over on facebook groups and whatnot.

What's on offer here isn't lacking in KyoAni quality, actually. It is just that this is a series that's intended for an entirely different audience. The Production Values are high and things look great as always but its just that this isn't the kind of show that you're supposed to watch for the plot. But rather for the PLOT and for the KyoAni visuals. That's it.

And, with that said, I'd say that this is going according to my expectations. A goofy ecchi show that's minimum on the story content but nice on the eyes. I like Mai's character design. Also liking HanaKana's "BUREI MONO!" (that line is just <3) chick.

I'm not expecting much here. Just that it doesn't bore me to death. Which it hasn't in the first two episodes. So that's good, I suppose?

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    I don't understand people, really. I can't understand how people went into this anime expecting something like Hibike Euphonium. Or Hyouka. Or something else. I mean, come on. The previews, the character art, the OP! I'm sure someone with a little bit of common sense could piece things together as to what kind of series this was obviously gonna end up being lmfao.

^ I'm bringing this up because I've seen people post stuff like "SHIT show. KyoAni lost their touch." and "Garbage series. I wanted something like Eupho, KyoAni!" over on facebook groups and whatnot.

What's on offer here isn't lacking in KyoAni quality, actually. It is just that this is a series that's intended for an entirely different audience. The Production Values are high and things look great as always but its just that this isn't the kind of show that you're supposed to watch for the plot. But rather for the PLOT and for the KyoAni visuals. That's it.

And, with that said, I'd say that this is going according to my expectations. A goofy ecchi show that's minimum on the story content but nice on the eyes. I like Mai's character design. Also liking HanaKana's "BUREI MONO!" (that line is just <3) chick.

I'm not expecting much here. Just that it doesn't bore me to death. Which it hasn't in the first two episodes. So that's good, I suppose?
    I went in expecting it to be like Kyoukai no Kanata
    Spoiler:

But yes I agree, the show itself isn't bad. And KyoAni certainly did not lose their touch. Musaigen no Phantom World was never meant to be anything but harmless fun and hijinks and perhaps a little sentimental note here and there. I'll still be watching it because it's a fun series and the character designs are pretttyyy. :)

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years

Spoiler:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years

Spoiler:
    Someone should explain that DFC is the way to Haru =D

derozio

Years
    These girls have become the face of all memes this season. Especially Mai. First the limbo sequence. Now it is thanks to Reina's "MAI-ONEESAMA!" which translated to "Maiyonaisee-ama" XD;

Though the anime itself is just very meh. Entertaining and very pretty but nothing that impressive so far.

derozio

Years
    Saorin ultimate "-sama" imouto, no doubts =D
    She started it with Oreimo, mastered it with ONII-SAMA and now she's perfect =D
    I honestly can't say I disagree XD;

I had dropped this series after 4 episodes because it didn't feel like it was going anywhere. But I saw that the latest episodes had the female characters together as kids doing some really adorable things [I saw a gif online]. Caught my interest.

But idk, is it really worth picking it back up? Did it improve somewhat in episode 5-6 compared to the first four? Anyone who is watching this still care to halp?!

derozio

Years
    I have a feeling most of the people stopped watching this somewhere in the middle. Well, I did too.

But then I picked it back up because of all the dankmemes that got posted on facebook heh. And I can't really say I regret my decision.

First 7 episodes are incredibly meh. 8th episode was comedy gold. 9th was nice. 10th better. 11 was truly heartwarming and 12th, the most recent one, was where shit FINALLY went down. A good part of the second half is actually very enjoyable. Which is a shame since it just tells us how much potential this series actually had and was wasted on bore-fests that were the initial episodes. >_>

Episode 12 was intense - especially the final moments. Can't wait to see how things wrap up in the finale. KyoAni, you finally have my full attention.

Back