• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music you got into because of anime?

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2009
    about 80% of my songs, the rest is from Kamen Rider, Super Sentai or just a general Japanese song that I've heard somehow through Anime (Like an AMV or something)

I think there was only one theme I didn't like for Eureka 7, so there's a good chance that is it was there, I have it.
    Well considering you listed Flow, Bivattchee and Nirgilis, I would assume Shonen Heart by Home Made Kazoku was the opening you didn't like
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnsu39b0FRg

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2008
    1.sasuke theme (naruto)
    2. Pokemon advanced battle (english)
    3.bleach battle music
    !!

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
  • Any anime I like = me falling in love with the Opening/Ending. It's a given. xD

Candy Pop Sweetheart (Princess be Careful)
    Loop/Blaze/Its/Yume no Tsubasa (Tsubasa Chronicle)
    Reason (xxxHolic)
    Kokoro no Tamago/Honto no Jibun (Shugo Chara)
    Butterfly Kiss (Rave)
    Lonely in Gorgeous (Paradise Kiss)
    Hare Hare Yukai (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu)

Just to name a few.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I fell in love with the Naruto ending. It's called Wind, right? Gotta be the most beautiful anime song I've heard. And the ending (and opening) of Fruits Basket is also beautiful. The english, at least.

But I can't say I've "gotten into" a certain kind of music by watching anime :/

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Plenty of songs just from watching the anime.
    The World (Death Note)
    What's Up people (Death Note)
    Zetsubou Billy (Death Note)
    Asterik (Bleach)
    Ichi rin no hana (Bleach)
    Tonight tonigt tonight (Bleach)
    After Dark (Bleach)
    Hanabi (Bleach)
    Movin (Bleach)
    Orange (Bleach)
    Remember (Naruto)
    Hero's Come back (Naruto:Shippuden)
    .........and some more that I can't remember.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I got into a lot of Japanese rock bands and J-Pop artists because of anime.

Mostly from:

FMA - ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION, Sowelu, L'Arc-en-Ciel

Naruto - FLOW, Home Made Kazoku, Sambomaster, Akeboshi, nobodyknows+

Bleach - Orange Range, HIGH AND MIGHTY COLOR, UVERworld, SunSet Swish, Skoop on Somebody, Aqua Timez

Inuyasha - Namie Amuro, Ayumi Hamasaki

Vampire Knight - On/Off

Thanks to them, not only I get to thier songs in the anime listed...I also like their other songs as well. And I get to listen to other artists as well. ^^ Japan has wonderful music.

Ariolander

MangaTraders.com Staff
    Years
  • I got into The Pillows because of FLCL.

I ended up buying their albums and saw them live when they did a show in LA earlier this year.

I got into The Pillows because of FLCL.

I ended up buying their albums and saw them live when they did a show in LA earlier this year.

Last edited:

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
  • not much from anime. but moreso from japanese titled games.

Osu Tatakae Ouendan practically opened up my world to jpop.
    taiko drum masters as well.
    daigasso band brothers just to name another.

and if i hear it on anime on open/end-tro. then ill look further into it

ZZ - samurai blue
    home made kazouku - shonen heart

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
  • The main reason I got into Japanese music was because of Anime, but then I started looking for other bands, that weren't so Anime related. I also found others by live-action Japanese shows such as Kamen Rider.

Faves include UVERworld, Home Made Kazoku, Nightmare etc.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • I solely blame Naruto and Bleach for getting me into Japanese music, sweeties. I also blame my bestfriend friend (who's more of an otaku than me) for making me help him download find the songs by the bands, for him. XD

Asian Kung Fu Generation for the win, sweeties. XD

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • Haha, the majority of my music is somehow related to anime. My favorite ones from the list are all The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya related, and if it wasn't for TMoHS I wouldn't have found out about Aya Hirano, who is one of my favorite singers now. Loooove Guuun *-*

-HeaveN-

In this craziness, absurdity..
    Years
  • Hakasama no Chou-Girl from hell
    Diana no Hana- Black Cat
    Candy XD- Cardcaptor Sakura
    Aizome-Girl frm hell
    Nightmare-Girl frm hell
    Azora no namida- Blood +

Asura Nirosuki

Shes a good person~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    I love High and Mighty Color before they did anime, but I'm really Into Nana Mizuki, Uverworld and Namie Amuro (NHK) once I heard them from animated series.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • The first j-music I ever listened to Jorfe the blue sparkly rabbit sent me: T.M.Revolution, Ayumi Hamasaki, hyde, and L'Arc~en~Ciel. I turned into major fans of all four and began listening to a lot of other j-pop & rock :D! Also, friends I met through our mutual anime fandoms introduced me to other bands and artists like X Japan, MALICE MIZER, ORANGE RANGE, HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR, Nami Tamaki [got into her from Gundam SEED/Destiny though, Utada Hikaru, Sato Naoki, PANIC☆ch, dir en grey, and Psycho le Cému... Some games introduced to me composers like Nobuo Uematsu and Akemi Kimura.

I also adore all the Cardcaptor Sakura OPs and EDs. *-*

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I forgot to mention a few other bands. D:

Well, I saw a few episodes of Gundam SEED a year or so ago. Granted, I didn't like the series itself too much, but I recall listening to T.M.Revolution's song INVOKE, as it was the opening credits.

Through Sorairo, I was introduced to HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR, and I listened to their song HOT LIMIT, only later on finding out it was a T.M.Revolution cover. :D! That's how I got into T.M.Revolution, and at the same time, HandMC. I remembered hearing HandMC's song Ichirin no Hana as the opening credits of Bleach, not knowing the song title or who it was by, and I made a mental note of finding this information out later, but I never did until Teresa introduced me to them.

I'm also starting to get into more Japanese music through Yu-Gi-Oh! (both the first and second series Japanese anime), especially the song Voice by CLOUD. :>

Forgiven

Sleatford champion 07-08
    Years
  • Cowboy bebop got me into the seatbelts they rock well jazz lol
    i just love the real folk blue

Senjistar

Dazzling ;)
    Years
  • T.M Revolution did a opening for Gundam Seed. The song was Invoke, after that I did alot of research on him and bought the Invoke single right away. He ended up being one of my favourite artists. Then after that I learned about Abingdon Boys School, the list goes on and on. TMR also did a song for the movie/ long episode, that was Zips.

Back