• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My 1st Team

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    This is my updated team.

In Depth Look:

Togekiss Leftovers
    Modest Nature
    252 Speed 100 HP 158 SpA
    Roost
    Thunder Wave
    Aura Sphere
    Air Slash

Strategy:Togekiss is my lead and he starts off with T-Wave. Roost is to heal damage. He can also act as a replacment SpSweeper.

Gliscor Yache Berry
    Jolly Nature
    252 Speed 178 Attack 80 Defense
    U-turn
    Toxic
    Knock Off
    Taunt

Strategy: Gliscor is made to annoy the opponent by using Knock Off, toxic, and taunt. After doing that, he U-turns to my more powerfull guys.

Ninjask Leftovers
    Adamant Nature
    252 Speed 4 Def 252 HP
    Substitute
    X-Scissor
    Swords Dance
    Baton Pass

Strategy: Ninjask is my Baton Passer and works great with my Dragonite. He Swords Dances up and Baton Passes to Dragonite. All behind a substitute.

Vaporeon Leftovers
    Timid Nature
    252 SpD 158 SpA 100 Spd
    Ice Beam
    Wish
    Surf
    Protect

Strategy: Vaporeon doubles as my Sp sweeper and Sp wall. Ice Beam is good at taking out dragons. Surf is my STAB move for him. And to stall, he has Protect and Wish.

Bronzong Leftovers
    Relaxed Nature
    252 HP 86 Atk 172 Def
    Gyro Ball
    EQ
    Iron Defense
    Explosion

Strategy: Bronzong is my Physical Wall. Gyro Ball is a STAB move. EQ is to take out fire types. Iron defense makes him harder to take down. And once you wear him down.....boom.

Dragonite Life Orb
    Adamant Nature
    252 Spd 176 HP 76 Atk
    Fire Punch
    Earthquake
    Dragon Claw
    Roost

Strategy: Dragonite is my physical sweeper. Dragon Claw as a STAB move. EQ to take out Electric types. Fire Punch to take his major weakness. And roost to heal damage.

That´s my updated team.

Last edited:

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
    Hey everyone, I´m new on PC and I´ve been thinking about starting EV training and competitive battles and stuff. im a little nervous, because I´m not sure if this is a good team so here goes.

In Depth Look:

Togekiss Lum Berry
    Modest Nature
    252 Speed 100 HP 158 SpA
    Substitute
    Yawn
    Aura Sphere
    Air Slash

Strategy:Togekiss is my lead and he starts off with substitute. Once he´s behind the substitute, he yawns. When the opponnent is asleep, he switches out to Ambipom who then Nasty Plots and Baton Passes to Milotic to start a sweep.

Gliscor Bright Powder
    Jolly Nature
    252 Speed 158 Attack 100 Defense
    U-turn
    Toxic
    Knock Off
    Iron Tail

Strategy: The strategy with gliscor is to get rid of the enemies item and poison him, then U-turn out to one of my more powerful pokemon like Milotic or Garchomp. I put Iron Tail on as a filler move and can be helpful when i need a strong attack.

Ambipom Bright Powder
    Jolly Nature
    252 Speed 158 Defense 100 HP
    Nasty Plot
    Double Hit
    Agility
    Baton Passer

Strategy: Ambipom is my Baton Passer and works great with my Milotic. He Nasty Plots up and uses Agility then Baton Passes to Milotic.

Milotic Leftovers
    Modest Nature
    252 SpA 158 SpD 100 Spd
    Ice Beam
    Aqua Ring
    Surf
    Dragon Pulse

Strategy: Milotic doubles as my Sp sweeper and Sp wall. Ice Beam and Dragon Pulse are to get rid of dragons and stuff like that. I have Aqua Ring on their so that it can combine with my Leftovers. Surf is my STAB move for him.

Tangrowth Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    252 Def 252 HP 6 SpA
    Ancient Power
    Energy Ball
    Block
    Sleep Powder

Strategy: Tangrowth is my Physical Wall. He can also double as a SpA when needed. I generally use him to Block opponents from switching, then I use Sleep Powder so that they are stuck on a sleeping pokemon.

Garchomp Yache Berry(probably going to change it to Life Orb)
    Adamant Nature
    252 Atk 100 HP 158 Spd
    Fire Fang
    Earthquake
    Dragon Claw
    Crunch

Strategy: Garchomp is all about hitting hard and fast. He´s got Fire Fang to counter his 4x weakness to ice. EQ is a STAB move that is usefull just about all the time. Dragon Claw is his other STAB move. Crunch is to take care of those Special Psychic pokemon that think they can wash away my mainly physical pokemon.

That´s my team. Keep in mind that I´m new to this and this is probably not a good team. Just saying.

First and foremost, if your going to play competitively, you gotta know what tiers your going to play in. As of right now, your team is Ubers. Garchomp is in ubers and you would need to take him out, or ask the opponent if its ok to play with garchomp.

brightpowder is a luck item and is banned from competitive play as well

So take a look around S&M forum and read up on competitive play. As well as smogon k ;)

Tyrant626

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    OOOOOOOOOOWWWWWKAyyyy.... this team needs some work. Let me help you out. This could work as an OU team, but it needs ALOT of work.

Togekiss is good at alot of things, but not as a lead. If you want to take an Anti-lead approach (a lead who doesn't support the team, but prevents the opponent from supporting his own team.), then you're gonna want something with bulk. Also, yawn isn't too reliable since it takes 2 turns to work. Here's a good example of a similar lead.

Machamp @ Leftovers

Jolly (ability-No Guard)

240 HP / 248 Atk / 16 SpD / 4 Spe

-Dynamic Punch
    -Bullet Punch
    -Payback
    -Stone Edge

This set ruins basicly every lead in OU. These four moves also provide excellent coverage, which is great during mid-game.

Gliscor seems 1/2 and 1/2. Bright powder is banned, so maybe replace it with Leftovers, or a Yache Berry to prevent it from being ruined. Also, iron tail is innacurate so you'd wanna change that.
    Try...

Gliscor @ Yache Berry
    Jolly (ability-Hyper Cutter)

252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe

-Toxic
    -Knock Off
    -U-Turn
    -Taunt

Basicly you were right on this one, but now it more reliably helps the powerhouse you're switching to. Speakin of which...

Remember when I said Togekiss is good at alot of things? Well, it's a good baton passer; better than Ambipom.

Togekiss @ Leftovers

Calm

252 HP / 64 SpD / 192 Spe

-Nasty Plot
    -Agility
    -Baton Pass
    -Aura Sphere

Able to take a beating while also being able to take out opposing threats in order to support your team.

Milotic is to frail to work well in OU. If you want a good special tank, run these E.V's on Vaporeon (OU's Milotic).

Vaporeon @ Leftovers

Timid

252 SpA / 158 SpD / 100 Spd

Ice Beam
    Wish
    Surf
    Protect

A good Special tank who easily does it's job, as long as you keep it away from strong physical attackers. Now your next, umm, thought...

Tangrowth is'nt too good of a wall solely because of it's grass typing. One great wall is bronzong, due to the fact that it has great defensive stats and great typing. Try...

Bronzong @ Leftovers

Relaxed

252 Hp/ 86 Atk / 172 Def

-Gyro Ball
    -Earthquake
    -Iron Defense
    -Explosion

Bronzong is able to counter and wall most pokemon effectively, however, you can replace explosion with rest for more durability.

Garchomp is Uber, as in too powerful for OU now that it (and Salamence) are gone, Flygon can do pretty good, with basicly the exact same set.

Adamant @Choice Band

252 Atk 100 HP 158 Spd

Fire Punch
    Earthquake
    Dragon Claw
    Crunch

This set gives him the power to shred through teams, same as Garchomp, but OU.

Well, now you have an effective OU team. If you still need some help, try

https://www.smogon.com/dp/

Hope I helped. Sorry if it was wordy

Oh yeah, forgot the tiers.

Uber (banned)-overpowered and legendary pokemon who are too strong for normal play.

OU (over used)-strong pokemon who are powerful and can be countered.

BL (border line) - pokemon who fall between OU and UU.

UU (under used) -those who aro okay, but theirs usually a better version of them.

NU (never used)-pokemon who have alot of weaknesses or poor stats.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    Thanks, Tyrant626 and revelp8. I´ll be sure to make those changes and take a look at smogon and the S&M forum today when i have time. Thanks for the help!

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
    Years
    Hey everyone, I´m new on PC and I´ve been thinking about starting EV training and competitive battles and stuff. im a little nervous, because I´m not sure if this is a good team so here goes.

In Depth Look:

Togekiss Leftovers
    Modest Nature
    252 Speed 100 HP 158 SpA
    Roost/Nasty Plot
    Thunder Wave
    Aura Sphere
    Air Slash

Strategy:Togekiss is my lead and he starts off with substitute. Once he´s behind the substitute, he yawns. When the opponnent is asleep, he switches out to Ambipom who then Nasty Plots and Baton Passes to Milotic to start a sweep.

Gliscor Leftovers/Yache Berry
    Jolly Nature
    252 Speed 158 Attack 100 Defense
    U-turn
    Toxic
    Knock Off
    Earthquake

Strategy: The strategy with gliscor is to get rid of the enemies item and poison him, then U-turn out to one of my more powerful pokemon like Milotic or Garchomp. I put Iron Tail on as a filler move and can be helpful when i need a strong attack.

Ambipom Life Orb
    Jolly Nature
    252 Speed 158 Defense 100 HP
    Nasty Plot
    Double Hit
    Agility
    Baton Pass

Strategy: Ambipom is my Baton Passer and works great with my Milotic. He Nasty Plots up and uses Agility then Baton Passes to Milotic. BP Ambipom only works well in entirely Baton Passing teams (the joke teams you see on YouTube with people sweeping with Wurmples and Caterpies). I'd recommend, over Ambipom:

Ninjask (Leftovers)
    Adamant
    252Spd 252HP 4Def
    Substitute
    X-Scissor
    Swords Dance
    Baton Pass

Milotic Leftovers
    Modest Nature
    252 SpA 158 SpD 100 Spd
    Ice Beam
    Recover
    Surf
    Hidden Power Electric

Strategy: Milotic doubles as my Sp sweeper and Sp wall. Ice Beam and Dragon Pulse are to get rid of dragons and stuff like that. I have Aqua Ring on their so that it can combine with my Leftovers. Surf is my STAB move for him.

Tangrowth Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    252 Def 252 HP 6 SpA/Atk
    Leech Seed
    Sleep Powder/Substitute
    Energy Ball/Power Whip
    Hidden Power Fire/Knock Off/Earthquake

Strategy: Tangrowth is my Physical Wall. He can also double as a SpA when needed. I generally use him to Block opponents from switching, then I use Sleep Powder so that they are stuck on a sleeping pokemon.

Garchomp is Uber and has been Uber for a long time. Salamence has become Uber recently, so there are few Dragons left (unless you want to use Shelgon or Gabite); namely Flygon and Dragonite.

Flygon (Choice Scarf)
    Adamant
    252Atk 252Spd 4HP
    Outrage
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge/Fire Punch
    U-Turn

OR

Dragonite (Yache Berry/Life Orb)
    Adamant
    252Spd 176HP 76Atk
    Dragon Claw/Outrage
    Earthquake/Heal Bell
    Fire Punch/Heal Bell
    Roost

Heal Bell Dragonite is available is Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness (I think).

Strategy: Garchomp is all about hitting hard and fast. He´s got Fire Fang to counter his 4x weakness to ice. EQ is a STAB move that is usefull just about all the time. Dragon Claw is his other STAB move. Crunch is to take care of those Special Psychic pokemon that think they can wash away my mainly physical pokemon.

That´s my team. Keep in mind that I´m new to this and this is probably not a good team. Just saying.
    Hope this helps!
    fillllllllz

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    thanks for the advice guys. Ill improve this team based on the advice you guys gave me and post it on a new thread as soon as im finished. thanks again for all the advice! Epic-Scizor out!

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    what EVs would you recommend for a SpWall/SpSweeper mix vaporeon with ice beam, wish, surf, and protect?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    just remade the team. Im not sure i coul post it in another thread, cause wouldnt that be double posting? and that would mean it would get deleted/moved, right?

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Togekiss looks ok, however with 100 HP EVs its HP stat is divisible by four. Because of that, it can only switch into Stealth Rock four times instead of five, so I suggest removing or adding an extra 4 EVs.

Gliscor would probably be better with Earthquake for a solid STAB move to check Lucario if it sets up on Ninjask, or just so stuff like Metagross doesn't wall you. Really depends on which move has been the least useful. Consider using Roost as well. Also, move the 80 Def EVs to HP, gives it better overall defenses.

Like I said to countless other teams, Ninjask is very easily beaten due to every team having Roar / Whirlwind, Taunt, and certain priority. You only have Dragonite to benefit from the boosts as well... I suggest replacing Ninjask with Roserade, it absorbs Toxic Spikes for Vaporeon and has good overall defensive synergy with it. Rose also provides a good switch in for Offensive Suicune and Swampert. Venusaur can also be used as it is bulkier, but remember that Offensive Suicune will outrun and OHKO it with Ice Beam after a Calm Mind. You can also use Magnezone to trap Steel-types for Dragonite if you want, but Rose does lure Skarmory decently.

Roserade @ Life Orb
    Natural Cure | Timid
    4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Speed
    - Leaf Storm
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Hidden Power Fire
    - Sleep Powder / Spikes / Toxic Spikes

Vaporeon should be more bulky, your team relies on it defeat Infernape. An EV spread of 192 HP / 252 Def / 52 SpD / 12 Speed and Bold nature should work.

Reflect outclasses Iron Defense really, it supports the team and you still have the +2 Defense.

With your Baton Passer gone, a new moveset for Dragonite can be used:

Dragonite @ Life Orb / Yache Berry
    Adamant / Jolly
    252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Speed
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage / Dragon Claw
    - Earthquake
    - ExtremeSpeed / Fire Punch

I prefer Outrage, but Dragon Claw is decent if you dislike being locked. ExtremeSpeed deals 70%+ to Flygon, OHKOes Jolteon, 65%+ to Mamoswine, etc. Yache Berry can be used to prevent Scarf Jirachi and Ice Shard users from revenge killing Dragonite, then lets you use Fire Punch if you don't mind Scarf Flygon too much. With Yache, Jolly is generally better to outrun Jolteon (and Scarf Heatran) since you no longer have ES.

OR

Dragonite @ Leftovers
    Adamant
    252 HP / 52 Atk / 204 Speed
    - Dragon Dance
    - Dragon Claw / Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Roost

More bulkier variant, with Roost to help you set up more. You lack a way of hitting Skarmory and Bronzong however, but Roserade can lure them somewhat (it does 2HKO all Skarmory). Magnezone is probably a better teammate if you use this set, though.

Short version:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back