• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My art new and old

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
Years
  • Last edited:

Trent_Jayir

Who the hell do you think i am
    Years
  • Hi there!
    First off I wanted to say I like your shading and colouring. Especially the way you do eyes, they're very cute :')
    I'm not really all that great at 'animal' anatomy myself, but what you're doing looks good to me. I like the way you've shaded the fur in the 'stray' reference one.
    I'#d really be interested to see how you did environments and people.
    The only two recent-ish images I can see in your gallery with drawn backgrounds(rather than colours/texture, not that there's anything wrong with that) are the Dilloo one and the 'falling' one (which is very nice)
    So yes, maybe you could practice with environments for your characters and m9aybe practice some humans, if you felt the desire)?
    I hope we see your around here more!

Years
  • I adore your shading techniques in the batch of images you posted in your first post - they're very soft and appealing and work great with the overall feel of your work! :3 As Trent has already said, though, I'd love to see some newer pieces with a bigger focus on backgrounds sometime rather than the use of brushes, textures, patterns, etc (as lovely as they look!).

In this one in particular, your coloring and clouds obviously had a lot of time put into them but when I saw the mountains at the bottom I was a little disappointed since they're just flat colors lacking details that every other portion of the picture has.

But anyway, I'll definitely be following your work - it's lovely! =D

Back