• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: My avatar gif isn't working

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
    Years
    When I upload a gif file or link to a gif file for my avatar it's not showing up as being animated. It just shows the first frame of whatever gif I use.

I WANT TO USE THIS GIF AS MY AVATAR
    My avatar gif isn't working

Years
    GIF avatars aren't restricted to higher usergroups, it's just that it's not fitting the size limit. If you go to "Edit Avatar" there should be something telling you the maximum filesize your image has to be, and shrink or crop it down so that it fits size limits.

Also, your size dimensions are 130x130 and it needs to be 1MB in filesize. There's sites where you can resize and crop your gifs so it fits the limit, this is one I'd recommend since that's where I crop and resize most of the gifs I use.

Last edited:
    Years
    I managed to resize the image, and here try using it now:

It's 124x114 which should fit your usergroup height/width limit and it's well below 1MB in filesize.

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
    Years
    I have another question as well. How do I embed audio directly into a post? I see some people have done it in their signatures. Do I need to upload it to soundcloud or a comparable site in order to do so?

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
    Years
    Yeah, although I find the best site is kiwi6, if you use dropbox you may accidentally surpass their 20GB/day bandwidth limit (I've done it before). Once you have a direct link to the song (Ending in .wav, .mp3, etc), use the following code:

[sound="title"]url[/sound]

Just copy/paste it, edit the content appropriately, and it should work for you.

test with one of my prank calls

Years
    Might as well make it transparent, you know, for aesthetics :t196:

edit: oh look, the thread died more than 2 weeks ago... hahaha... i'll go hide in a corner :<

Back