• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Crappy Banners

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Okay, Since I been hearing that My banners are great (um..it's not actually...right?)
    I'm going to ask everybody to their opinions okay?
    So..Um I can't make great Backroundz and I stink at rendering...>x<
    Oh and all the Themes are Tsubasa Chronicles..
    And one last thing, Steal my crappy banners and I will report you...

Tsubasa Banner
    Tsubasa Avvy
    Reservoir Banner
    Reservoir Avatar
    Chrinicles Banner
    Chronicles Avatar

Criticism will be nice...oh and Comments too,
    and Um..I post it in links cause...The Page will be slow to load...>x<

Last edited:

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    Okay, Since I been hearing that My banners are great (um..it's not actually...right?)
    I'm going to ask everybody to their opinions okay?
    So..Um I can't make great Backroundz and I stink at rendering...>x<
    Oh and all the Themes are Tsubasa Chronicles..
    And one last thing, Steal my crappy banners and I will report you...

Tsubasa Banner
    Tsubasa Avvy
    Reservoir Banner
    Reservoir Avatar
    Chrinicles Banner
    Chronicles Avatar

Criticism will be nice...oh and Comments too,
    and Um..I post it in links cause...The Page will be slow to load...>x<

These are great compapred to your old ones, the thing I like is the cloudy effect like in the last one, how do you do that? The thing you need to work on is the Font and font colour really, and maybe the text posistioning. Besides that they're great ^__^

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    These are great compapred to your old ones, the thing I like is the cloudy effect like in the last one, how do you do that? The thing you need to work on is the Font and font colour really, and maybe the text posistioning. Besides that they're great ^__^

Ok then, Jimz...I will take you advice, It's nice that someone appreciates that crappy work...T_T

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    What program do you use?

I notice those most of your banners are mostly, simply and bluntly put, a cut out image, with some added text, and added lines. :/

I think you could really try and experiment with rendering and making brushed or effect backgrounds, it really makes the banner more unique to yourself. ^^

But they're definitely very pretty. ^^

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018

I win this time Ry, They are pretty good. Other effects will make them better. Some of them look a little empty. Although like I said before, I'm not an art critique. but if it had to come down to me. I actually like them

Last edited:

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    I win this time Ry, They are pretty good. Other effects will make them better. Some of them look a little empty. Although like I said before, I'm not an art critique. but if it had to come down to me. I actually like them :)
    Well, thanks but I'm not exactly good...O.o
    What program do you use?

I notice those most of your banners are mostly, simply and bluntly put, a cut out image, with some added text, and added lines. :/

I think you could really try and experiment with rendering and making brushed or effect backgrounds, it really makes the banner more unique to yourself. ^^

I use Photoshop...>x< It's ashamed that I have Photoshop and yet, I have no talents at it >x<
    Well, I think I'm gonna play around just like everybody said...I think I'll play around with Photoshop and hope it looks good!
    Thanks for the comments

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
    mess around with stuff and experiment :3
    I love to use Overlay, I use that style alot. Try different patterns beside lines. Try smudging! I have some nice tutorials that I can give ye if ye want X3 Download different fonts... try using different sizes for your banners and avatars, make them a little weird, transparent in places. Be funkeh. 8D *shot*
    Just be creative, really xD

But these are very nice ^___^

Sakurah

Pokemon Event Collector! <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2012
    Well, pretty much whatever everyone said is the advise I gave you over message, Ryouki. xD
    So I pretty much don't have much else to add.
    Try also messing with the layer box on the right side and see which Mode and Opacity works well if you use texture. I also gave you the advise on manga coloring... so yeah. o.o

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Well, pretty much whatever everyone said is the advise I gave you over message, Ryouki. xD
    So I pretty much don't have much else to add.
    Try also messing with the layer box on the right side and see which Mode and Opacity works well if you use texture. I also gave you the advise on manga coloring... so yeah. o.o
    Okay then...I'll try, I'm playing with Photoshop right now :X
    mess around with stuff and experiment :3
    I love to use Overlay, I use that style alot. Try different patterns beside lines. Try smudging! I have some nice tutorials that I can give ye if ye want X3 Download different fonts... try using different sizes for your banners and avatars, make them a little weird, transparent in places. Be funkeh. 8D *shot*
    Just be creative, really xD

But these are very nice ^___^
    Okay then...Thanks very much for the tutorial and the tips too...^^
    I'm sure I'm gonna need it...xD

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    They're not that crappy, Ry D:

Anyway, I'm for what everyone else has said. And I don't like to repeat things (yeah, right *shot*), but I'm gonna repeat things anyway *double shot* Play around with Layer Modes and Opacities, use Filters, like Motion Blur and stuff, and mess around with Gradient Maps (check my Spatter Tag tutorial if you forgot how to make one xP). Basically, play around with everything. Oh, and try getting brushes. Using brushes are the simplest way to making a background ^^

.Mimix.

.:'Freedom's Song':.
    Years
    Well, first of all...you need to stop calling your banners crappy! *taps foot* >.> Because they. Are. Not. If you keep calling them crappy, then your ability to make them look so neat and clean and stuff will only dampen you. Do yourself a favor by pointing out things you like about them. ^__^

You shouldn't go solely on what other people think--you need to try to change your opinion. And then you'll keep on improving ^_^! <3

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Shiranui said:
    They're not that crappy, Ry D:

Anyway, I'm for what everyone else has said. And I don't like to repeat things (yeah, right *shot*), but I'm gonna repeat things anyway *double shot* Play around with Layer Modes and Opacities, use Filters, like Motion Blur and stuff, and mess around with Gradient Maps (check my Spatter Tag tutorial if you forgot how to make one xP). Basically, play around with everything. Oh, and try getting brushes. Using brushes are the simplest way to making a background ^^

Okay then...but The Backround tutorial is the only one that I followed (correctly)...D:
    And I'll try to play around too!

.Mimiz. said:
    Well, first of all...you need to stop calling your banners crappy! *taps foot* >.> Because they. Are. Not. If you keep calling them crappy, then your ability to make them look so neat and clean and stuff will only dampen you. Do yourself a favor by pointing out things you like about them. ^__^

You shouldn't go solely on what other people think--you need to try to change your opinion. And then you'll keep on improving ^_^! <3

Thank you for the advice! I'll try to be not so negative anymore...xD

shadowboy166

Gues who's internet is working
    Years
    If you think there crappy why be worried someone will steal them.
    There good! Better than good infact brilliant!

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    LUL DON'T WORRY, having photoshop and not being totally hawt and awesome at it isn't a shame at all!! Photoshop just has a tendency to suck and be annoyingly complicated. xD;

Oh! You did Shira-chan's tutorial? :OOOO

DO SHOW US PLEZZ. >DD

Also, once you've learned things in a tutorial, you can re-apply little bits and pieces. It's really awesome. *lulz has used Shira-chan's tutorial billion million times* Gradient Maps really change what a banner looks like, especially on the right blending mode. Experiment with those, and keep the Tsubasa backgrounds like the ones you have in your banners already, and you'll have a very hawt banner. ;<

And like everyone else said: Brushes are hawt. And hawt is good. *Shot*

Tutorial's are awesome. They're great. They're hawt. Just... before you start make sure the tutorial writer is using the same version of photoshop as you. DD: It saves a lot of time and tears. *well, not tears, but frustration.* <---- LOT'S AND LOT'S of frustration once you're halfway done and realize you can't do the same thing as the tutorial writer. *shot*

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    If you think there crappy why be worried someone will steal them.
    There good! Better than good infact brilliant!
    Well because even if that banner is crappy IT'S NOT THAT CRAPPY [/lies]..xD
    Thank you...I'll try to be more confidents
    LUL DON'T WORRY, having photoshop and not being totally hawt and awesome at it isn't a shame at all!! Photoshop just has a tendency to suck and be annoyingly complicated. xD;

Oh! You did Shira-chan's tutorial? :OOOO

DO SHOW US PLEZZ. >DD

Also, once you've learned things in a tutorial, you can re-apply little bits and pieces. It's really awesome. *lulz has used Shira-chan's tutorial billion million times* Gradient Maps really change what a banner looks like, especially on the right blending mode. Experiment with those, and keep the Tsubasa backgrounds like the ones you have in your banners already, and you'll have a very hawt banner. ;<

And like everyone else said: Brushes are hawt. And hawt is good. *Shot*

Tutorial's are awesome. They're great. They're hawt. Just... before you start make sure the tutorial writer is using the same version of photoshop as you. DD: It saves a lot of time and tears. *well, not tears, but frustration.* <---- LOT'S AND LOT'S of frustration once you're halfway done and realize you can't do the same thing as the tutorial writer. *shot*

GOod thing I haven't deleted the Almighty Shiranui's Tutorial for future References..
    I'll try to MAKE MY BANNER Un-CRAPPY play around..THNK YOU VERY MUCH...>x<

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Wow...your banners and avatars are really good. I like that effect on them. Well at least you are better than me, lol. I have Photoshop but I still have a long way to go to be really good at it. XD I am working on it though. Don't be so down on yourself. Your work is excellent. Yeah experiment a little bit, use more brushes and stuff. :3

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Wow...your banners and avatars are really good. I like that effect on them. Well at least you are better than me, lol. I have Photoshop but I still have a long way to go to be really good at it. XD I am working on it though. Don't be so down on yourself. Your work is excellent. Yeah experiment a little bit, use more brushes and stuff. :3

Thanks I'm sure I that your better at me (lol)
    Anyways, I'll try to take your tip and as all of you! Thanks!

Back