• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My First RMT. (UU)

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    So I've never battled competitively before, but I want to start getting into it. This is my first team, so it won't be great, but Paradox Dragonite and I spent a lot of time coming up with it, and I know that these may not be the absolute best guys, but they are ones that I like and that him and I think I can win with. But if you do think I should use a different pokemon, feel free to tell me. Just please give good reasons for it, because some people tend to be vague... So without further ado:

BTW, these pokemon aren't listed in the same order as they will be in my party, as I don't know where to put them, except my lead.

Overview
    My First RMT. (UU)
    My First RMT. (UU)
    My First RMT. (UU)
    My First RMT. (UU)
    My First RMT. (UU)
    My First RMT. (UU)

Lead
    My First RMT. (UU)

Nidoqueen @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Poison Point
    EVs:
    252hp /200def /12 Sp. Def /44speed
    Nature: Bold

Moves:
    -Stealth Rock
    -Taunt
    -Earth Power
    -Ice Beam

Just a decent lead-off pokemon that can take some hits while poisoning with Poison Point and setting up SR, and Lum Berry to cover sleep leads.

My First RMT. (UU)

Floazel @ Damp Rock
    Trait: Swift Swim
    EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def / 16 Speed
    Nature: Adamant

Moves:
    - Rain Dance
    - Return
    - Waterfall
    - Ice Punch

A nice attacker with a variety of moves to take out different foes, Return for Quagsire especially.

My First RMT. (UU)

Ludicolo @ Damp Rock
    EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
    Nature: Modest

Moves:
    -Energy Ball
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Rain Dance

A Special Sweeper who has upped Speed in the rain and can dole out some pretty powerful STAB moves in the rain.

My First RMT. (UU)

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
    Trait: Dry Skin
    EVs: 6 HP/ 252 Sp. Attack/ 252 Speed
    Nature: Modest

Moves:
    -Nasty Plot
    -Vacuum Wave
    -Shadow Ball
    -Focus Blast

Credit to Paradox Dragonite and D_A for this guy. He's a Special Sweeper with some nice coverage that can get the job done quickly.

My First RMT. (UU)

Lanturn @ Leftovers
    Trait: Volt Absorb
    EVs: 40 HP / 136 SpA / 252 SpD / 80 Spe
    Nature: Calm

Moves:
    Surf
    Thunder
    Ice Beam
    Thunder Wave

Uh, almost standard Smogon Special Sponge.

My First RMT. (UU)

Kabutops @ Life Orb
    EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe

Moves:
    -Swords Dance
    -X-Scissor
    -Waterfall
    -Stone Edge

Anyways, comment and rate. Thanks!

Last edited:

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Because I'm tired..I'll just add a couple of small points.

- As it's a rain dance team, Thunder may be an option Lanturn > Thunderbolt for some awesome power.

- I also think that you are pretty EQ weak...4 pokes fall to it.

Hmm... though I guess I won't be fighting Blissey. But it's still a good Sp. Sweeper.

- No but you will be fighting chansey alot..Which is just a UU version.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Kabutops wants Swords Dance/X-Scissor/Waterfall/Stone Edge @ 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe@Life Orb. Shreds everything in the rain.

Not feeling that Toxicroak set, id put Vacuum Wave >> Cross Chop @Modest for Absol and foe Kabutops and after a Nasty Plot it hurts alot (because both those hurt you after an SD). If you want to hit chansey hard (who sucks and is set up fodder)it gets destroyed by a NP LO Focus Blast and you could put this >> Sludge Bomb (and you dont lose coverage either because ghost and fight hit everything in the game for at least neutral anyway).

I dont understand how agility benefits your team or what ludicolo is accomplishing. You should really be attempting a full out sweep with rain dance teams and not trying to stall and sub seed junk.

Floazel@Damp Rock
    232 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def / 16 Speed
    Adamant Nature
    Swift Swim
    - Rain Dance
    - Return
    - Waterfall
    - Ice Punch

Id use this.

Id then make Ludi offensive, Modest max sp.att and speed Energy Ball/Surf/Ice Beam/Rain Dance @Damp Rock @Swift swim

Rain Dance could fit on Lanturn too.

This would make sweeping with your team MUCH easier.

Just some thoughts.

Last edited:

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    Ok, I added the suggestions.... But Korova, all you said was that my team was weak to EQ... You didn't say how to fix it. Also, what should I take off of Lanturn to give it Rain Dance? The last move slot (Thunder Wave/ Toxic)?

Leonix

You can also find me on Shoddy
    Years
    You haven't put what nature your nidoqueen is, but I assume it's bold.

As for your toxicroak since you changed cross chop to vacuum wave change his evs to 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 6 HP and give him a jolly nature.

Lanturn doesn't necessarily need rain dance as you already have two on your team, so personally I would go with T-wave.

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    WHoops, sorry 'bout that. I added the nature. Yes, it is Bold.

I changed the EVs, but I don't understand the nature. Why do I want a SP. Attack hindering nature if I'm going to be using Special moves?? Couldn't I use some nature like Timid, Naive or Hasty?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    WHoops, sorry 'bout that. I added the nature. Yes, it is Bold.

I changed the EVs, but I don't understand the nature. Why do I want a SP. Attack hindering nature if I'm going to be using Special moves?? Couldn't I use some nature like Timid, Naive or Hasty?

Modest Nature is what you want on toxicroak.

Years
    Kabutops @ Damp Rock or @ Life Orb
    EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe

Moves:
    -Swords Dance
    -X-Scissor
    -Waterfall
    -Stone Edge

In this set you should only be using Life Orb because Damp Rock is useless if its not using Rain Dance which is for a different set, with different EVs and moves, as it has a different purpose.

I also don't see the point in Ludicolo.

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    Ok, I've been using this team in Shoddy for a while and I've had mixed results. I was surprised because I've performed a decent amount of sweeps with Ludicolo. He's pretty good ^.^
    But, I have a problem. I have no counter for Fighting types, especially the Hitmon triplets. They proceed to Spin away my rocks and obliterate my team. The only thing I can really rely on is moving to Ludicolo and hoping that STAB Surf with the rain will be enough to OHKO. Help??

Also, no one seems to respond to RMT threads unless they're made by Pokedra or D_A, so I'll post my previous post which I had to delete:
    Thanks for pointing that out. I had meant to change that, which now I have. Ludicolo is one of my favorite pokes, I mean, I think that part of making your teams should also be factoring in what you like. I mean, battling is supposed to be fun, and I have fun when I'm using Ludicolo. Hah, anyways, that's why.

EDIT: I've been thinking of using a Qwilfish in here somewhere, maybe instead of Kabutops. What do you guys think? Should Qwilfish go in here? And is so, what should it replace?

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2009
    Nidoqueen @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Poison Point
    EVs:
    252hp /200def /12 Sp. Def /44speed
    Nature: Bold

Moves:
    -Stealth Rock
    -Taunt
    -EQ
    -Ice Beam

Earthquake is always better.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Floazel @ Damp Rock
    EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def / 16 Speed

Moves:
    - Rain Dance
    - Return
    - Waterfall
    - Ice Punch

Now I'm not really the battling type, but I'd recommend replacing Return with something else like Brick Break or even Bulk Up. Also, maybe replace Ice Punch with Ice Fang. I know about the weaker base power and less accuracy, but since Floatzel is going first, and is being used in a Rain Dance team, you could really use the better freeze ratio and also a chance of finching as well.

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
    ...wait, what? Ice Fang is not only pathetically weak, but it has a mere 10% chance of flinching. That's not worth being much weaker than Ice Punch.
    And Waterfall/Return offers superb type coverage; only Shedinja resists it in UU.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    kekeke, well at least he did mention Bulk Up, which honestly is pretty good in the rain on Floatzel. you could replace Ice Punch for it.

as far as fighters go, you could try something like trickspecs Rotom w/ Thunder. block spin and if they are trying to set up/Suckerpunch, use trick, and maybe even finish with Toxic.

i'd be concerned how you plan on handling a good sunny day team if they get the weather out before you. ludicolo is pretty much your only hope for survival but there are plenty of pokes that can 2hko it.

Back