• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My first team. (RMT)

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Interesting point about Weavile/Tar there. Fast Hypnosis isn't bad, but being stuck on Hypnosis sure is. Also, I'm not going to go and warrant a moveslot to something that will just activate sleep clause and give something like Garchomp a golden opportunity to come in and just kill stuff.

I've never liked Scarf Gengar considering I've always used Choice Specs or the Hypnosis sweeper and they really are better. I'd much rather hit harder than faster, or do more damage than doing damage first. Gengar can't afford to go last but 110 base speed is not too shabby. Scarf Gengar isn't bad, but compared to other Gengar sets, it is (or in my opinion :P)

However the point about Weavile is very interesting. Still, I usually don't like to go crazy about one pokemon (like when people put HP Electric on their water just to beat Gyarados...ew)

I mean, I run teams with 4-6 walls all the time, Scarf Gengar is too easy to wall. Specs Gengar can really wreck stuff with boosted attacks and the Hypnosis sweeper can put stuff to sleep and then has the freedom to attack switch-ins.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    i like scarf gar. it has good potential, but doubling the risk of both hypnosis and scarf can pretty much destroy your whole team.

Syaoran

most likely hates your guts
    Years
    Interesting point about Weavile/Tar there. Fast Hypnosis isn't bad, but being stuck on Hypnosis sure is. Also, I'm not going to go and warrant a moveslot to something that will just activate sleep clause and give something like Garchomp a golden opportunity to come in and just kill stuff.

I've never liked Scarf Gengar considering I've always used Choice Specs or the Hypnosis sweeper and they really are better. I'd much rather hit harder than faster, or do more damage than doing damage first. Gengar can't afford to go last but 110 base speed is not too shabby. Scarf Gengar isn't bad, but compared to other Gengar sets, it is (or in my opinion :P)

However the point about Weavile is very interesting. Still, I usually don't like to go crazy about one pokemon (like when people put HP Electric on their water just to beat Gyarados...ew)

I mean, I run teams with 4-6 walls all the time, Scarf Gengar is too easy to wall. Specs Gengar can really wreck stuff with boosted attacks and the Hypnosis sweeper can put stuff to sleep and then has the freedom to attack switch-ins.

Scarf Gengar is meant to revenge kill. With 130 base sp.atk it still does a ton of damage. He gets revenge on DDTar, and his most fearsome enemy - Weavile, who otherwise kills it with a mere Pursuit, doesn't matter if you stay or switch. And how exactly are you giving Garchomp a free turn? You don't stay on the Hypnosis when you're locked on it, both opponents switch and therefore your opponent doesn't get any advantage over you. He's only stuck with a sleeping pokemon. If you suspect Garchomp, then switch to something like Milotic to Ice Beam it in time. No problem here. =\

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Dream eater with gengar is really good, cause it has god sp.atk.

Erm, no. Its not. An attack that only works under certain conditons is a pretty bad choice, especially since insomnia laughs at you and so does the fact very few people leave out a sleeping poke.

EDIT: And specsgar beats scargar in my books. Give it timid and it will outspeed a lot of things, and walls are there to deal with stuff sweepers cant handle.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Scarf Gar is great, great at revenge killing as previously mentioned, also outrunning Gyarados after 2 DD's is pretty win aswell, and if you do run HP Ice its good at loling at dragons locked into outrage.

Wait, isnt Vaporeon like /THE/ MIxape counter, i think Grass Knot hits it for base 60 power, even WITH a Nasty Plot, its still not a OHKO, it must Nasty Plot twice if it wants to OHKO Vappy, if you let it do that, YOU DESERVE TO LOOSE XD lol

Id consider T-BOLT >> Will-0-wisp on Weez, Gengar cant really switch into Gyarados well, and like thats the best hope you have against the angry Blue dragon noodle thing, AKA Gyarados =p

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2008
    Pokemon

My pokemon Charizard,lugia,charmander,pikashuand Avatar

you like me for you pokemon

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    My pokemon Charizard,lugia,charmander,pikashuand Avatar

you like me for you pokemon

:/

Personally I think demoting Gengar to revenge killing is just criminal. I don't know, I just think it can do so many things better. That and how easy it is to wall and how predictable all these Scarfers have become.

Then again, the solution of just trying both and seeing which one you like better seems good enough for me. lol

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2008
    You're being annoying, and I can't understand anything that you say, Serche300.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2008
    Okay, I've switched my lead to Gengar. He's faster.

But, I'm not sure if I should use Specs or Scarf...

Back