• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen My games keep deleting themselves!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    I had it happen to my emerald but weird thiong was is that I always used it in my gamebay advance
    I tried it in my ds and *the file has been corrupted*
    I also would like to find out this has happened
    Well this may seem like a stupid explanation but this is what i tried when I had a bootleg copy-
    After saving the game i always soft reset to the title screen, once you get the message then you can turn the power off, this seemed like a safe way to do it.
    The problem was you can under no circumstances take the cartridge out... There's 90% that the game will delete itself, though my bootleg copy hasn't deleted itself.
    And seriously that soft reset will do a lot of good, usually the game deleted the save file if i didn't switch it on/off/soft reset ect.

So the only way it seems like you can migrate is trading to someone else's game...

For those that wanted to know (not that many i'm sure) my bootleg still hasn't deleted itself after 5 months...[/brag].

If it doesn't work then i'm sorry you're going to have to get a new one, but trading is more fun :P

Years
  • The batteries can also be ruined due to water/moisture damage or a sharp impact, such as dropping the game onto a solid surface from a height. You could always consider replacing them if you're up to pulling open the cartridge. There's guides for this on the net, so just Google them.

Years
  • Its probably because he/she took it apart trying to hack it (god knows why).
    What are you on about? You wouldn't be stupid enough to open the case, besides, the case is damn hard to open, you need a special screwdriver. I still don't see why you would suggest that. If they didn't remove the battery or break any related components, it should be fine. The fact that it will hold a save file for a while, then expiring makes me think it's a dying battery.

Pokegirl98

Just an Average Fangirl
    Years
  • What was the colour of the cartridge?
    If it was black it's most likely it's a bootleg copy.
    If it's green then there is something wrong with the game or it's been painted, which isn't likely.

hmmm....the firered is a translucent red, the leafgreen is a translucet green, the sapphire is a translucent blue. the emerald is a dark translucent green, and ruby is a tranlucent crimson.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • My friend has a pirated Emerald Version and he only knew the first five minutes of the game, but he took it to Best Buy and now it saves just like a normal Emerald. I don't know if it costed or anything, but you can try going there and seeing if they can fix it for you, whether it's pirated or not.

Years
  • I was told from a games shop to buy european games as all american/japanese GBA games are now pirated as the market is so lucrative, he said the European games are really exspensive for that very reason, I managed to get Sapphire, Fire Red and Emerald from a games shop on Amazon all three cost £75 pounds and so far look okay to me though one obviously has used a hack cartridge on there as he has 15 master balls :O).

Sarah

ACE9

is looking for a shiny miltank
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2013
    try amazon.com

you can specify you want an unopened brand new game

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
    Years
  • Three words: DON'T TRUST EBAY.
    I prefer Amazon, but that's me.
    Check someone's credibility (% of positive notes) before purchasing a game from them online.
    Or just buy it new, then you definitely won't have any problems.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    If your unsure on whether they're fake or not here's something you can look at.
    http://reviews.ebay.com.au/FAKE-POK...0004240408?ssPageName=BUYGD:CAT:-1:LISTINGS:1
    http://reviews.ebay.com.au/FAKE-POK...0004240408?ssPageName=BUYGD:CAT:-1:LISTINGS:1
    Also to those talking about the battery dying. While RSE have batteries, LG and FR don't have batteries. LG and FR practically have no battery to die. So either the flash is bad or the games are fake.

A legit LG from the link above.
    71e5_2.JPG

I really advise those who are unsure to look at the link and compare. You can check inside a LG cart by holding it a certain way to the light to see if a battery exists. If a battery is inside it is fake.

During the GBA era not all GBA games used a battery save since some used a type of flash chip save and didn't require a battery.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • I think it's glitching up because it's old. But I am not sure if there is any way to fix this problem.

Lockerz

Lockerz Fan!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2009
    I bought five GBA games (Fire Red, Leaf Green, Emerald, Saphire, Ruby) used off Ebay. I was playing Leaf Green and I beat the fifth gym. I saved the game and turned it off, and when i went back on it had deleted itself. The same happened to Fire Red after the second gym, and Saphire after the first gym.Ruby also freezes ALL THE TIME. Before I play it will say either "save five is okay" or "save file has been deleted...". I'm guessing that the previous user cheated. Does anyone know why my games keep deleting themselves? And is there anything I can do to keep them from deleting?
    Ah I know what the problem is. You see those cartridges use batteries when you save. So now that its about 6-5 years later those batteries are starting to die off. It's okay just buy a battery of online or your local hardware store and get somebody to replace the battery for you. The problem is just that the battery has run out the game is fine though.

But the ruby one might have some dust inside of the cartridge so you might want to get that cleaned.

EvilMudkip

plannin' ur doom
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2009
    Before I got my legit Emerald, I was playing a pirate Sapphire that came with the GBA we bought from Spain. After about a year it started doing a pretty odd thing: if the game wasn't played for nearly exactly 24 hours, the save would be deleted. I lived with it, but after a few months the time got totally random... then I got the Emerald.

btw, I don't think all American versions are fake... my mother bought the Emerald on his vacation to New York and it has shown no problems. (I live in Finland)

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
  • Owned.

In other news this happened to my friend on gold. Whenever he saved it didn't work and he had to start again. He had spent 20 hours on it at one point. (Played from the morning and then passed out >.<0 He is peed of how much life he wasted on nothing :(

I would advise you to just rebuy the games.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back