• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My idea for a Pokemon Game Please Read!!!

What do you think of my idea

• Total voters

PoKeSaFaRi

Former PokemonSafari Webmaster
    Years
    Yeah. It's a shame GAMEFREAK isn't actually thinking of Pok?mon being played online yet... that's what i read in an interview the guys over IGN did to Junichi Masuda and another worker at GAMEFREAK which i can't remember right now XP

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
    Like I said earlier. This game would only be on a Nintendo console because that is where Pokemon belongs and I think that the Gamecube 2 is gonna have online capabilities anyway

Pokemon_Veteran

Addler

Rogue Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2004
    You guys are forgetting something very important: Target Audiance. I know its a little more varied in Japan than here, but "Pocket Monsters" isn't aimed at people like us who would like a deeper RPG experience. You'll have to face the facts; Pocket Monsters is a kid?s game. Sure, lots of teens and adults play it (much more so in Japan than here like I said), but the bulk of their consumers are children. So in order to construct a game like what PV suggested, they would have to spend about 4 or 5 times the production value to create a game that most people only care 1/5ths about.

We should be thankful that they hid such a deep strategy game inside a children?s game as it is, and hope that one day they at least take the game to a console platform.

Oh, and I?m not saying I don't like your ideas, but a few people have commented that they should suggest this to Nintendo or something (Well, I believe its Gamefreak that makes it, Nintendo just fronts the bill). Just wanted say that they've probably already thought of all these ideas and more, but they have no reason not to go with what works.

A quick comparison:

Could you imagine Resident Evil as a platformer ala Mario? Yeah, kinda entertaining, but why would Capcom want to market such a successful adult thriller to a younger generation (completely, lots of times developers will include certain aspects in a game to broaden its' audience, such as what pokemon does now).

Codecrakr

My mother never hugged me.
    Years
    I agree with Addler. It's a nice idea, but it's probably too complicated for the age group the games are targeted at.

NiNGi

Banned
    Years
    omg i always had this dream of online pokemon since i was plying dark age of camelot (an rpg online)
    The thing is it would actually be possible to make it, even on gamecube because it can connect online (lke fantasy star online)...
    The thinng i do not understand is the reason y it has never been announced or even tought of..... can u imagine... train your pokemon online.... with many other trainers around and wild pokemon in their own 3D habitat..... that would be my dream!!! @_@

Water Pokemon Master

Water Pokemon Enthusiast
    Years
    But the problem with online, is that viruses, bugs, stalkers, cheaters and more are there...
    Some Online Preditors who just love little kids would use this game as a meeting place...
    Also, a lot of people get their kicks by sending bugs. The little kids who go online will be all "Wha? What's the pokemon that's named Av321356Ka? And what happened to all of my other pokemon?!"
    Finally, cheaters who use Gameshark and more could wipe out little people's pokemon, thus ruling out the fun of battling...

Sorry, but I don't like the idea of online gameplay, the link/wireless battles are as good as they can make them without making them unsafe.

NiNGi

Banned
    Years
    yes, i get your point and in fact it is true...

Other online games are not unsafe because all the people around are usually not younger than 14, so they start being grown ups and more aware of some dangers.

The problem with pokemon is that it is aimed also for kids, and that would in fact be a problem.... however, on the gamecube its more difficult to send bugs or crap like that because you most llikely do not modify gamecube files just like that.
    the problems are also cheaters, in fact on fantasy star online there were way too many.... they would ruin the game and stuff using gameshark and stuff like that.

Unless a solution is found for that, this pokemon online will remain only a dream :(

Water Pokemon Master

Water Pokemon Enthusiast
    Years
    Besides what I said, it would be amazing if it were online...all they really need to do is really restrict a lot...and I bet it might work.
    In a dream where no one cheats and the world was rated G...this would be the ultamate thing for all Pokemon fans...
    oh well.

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
    Well I would bring it out on the GCube 2 and it would be online cus then you could compete against other people in contests and stuff XD.

Pokemon_Veteran

Last edited:

Eliana

The |R a m p a g e|
    Years
    Well, it sorta already exists. Netbattle. Its mostly just battling like you would on the gameboy. your idea is good, but it is basically almosy impossible. it would require a lot of time...

Years
    Ok, cool. But how complex is it? Is team rocket gonna be in it? And what about the legendary pokemon? Would they be in there? It sounds really cool but I'm still in the dark about what it will be like. If it's to become a good pokemon game, it has to meet some important requirements: 1) Itsgotta have mew, jirachi, deoxys, celibi, lugia, ho-oh, kyogre, groudon, latios, latias, the legendary birds and dogs, and finally, it HAS to have a benign form of missingno in it but, it has to have some trick to get it (like in red and blue version). 2) Its gotta have all the other pokemon in it from red version to emerald. 3) it has to include everything from all the pokemon games including colosseum. 4) people have to be able to work together in the games (meaning the games can connect via the internet and the second player can work with their pokemon on a friends game. 5) it needs to be able to act like it is one of the pokemon gba games out there so you can trade compatible pokemon into them. 6) The graphics have to be really, and i mean really good. So, there you have it, meet those needs and it would be the best pokemon game out of all the pokemon games.

Tkinc

Smile above all challenges
    Years
    The problem though, it it's not much like a pokemon adventure game
    anymore, but more like a class-rising game, which accounts to why some people
    may start getting bored. One thing to start with is an interactive battle system, a firm,focused quest for the main character(s) and an ending that doesn't come around just by becoming a pokemon master. Yet, I still think your idea is far mor original than making another same-old pokemon-game-style-game. In other words, I'm getting sick of the same old style (mostly the CBS) nintendo's using on Pokemon Ruby,Sapphire, FireRed, LeafGreem Emerald, Diamond and Pearl (The upcoming DS Pokemon Games(GBA too?)) That's why people probably found Pokemon Colosseum rather dissapointing.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    I like your idea but there are too many choices it would cost 5 times the cost if they were to put all those choices into one game.The most popular ones are trainer,breeder, and co-ordinator so I would go with those.

Desert Cacturne

Lonely, abandoned...
    Years
    Oh, that game would be a great idea. I'm planning that they make a game like this someday. I want it to be like FFXI; it should be never-ending and hard to gain levels. You can capture pokemon in the wild, with towns to visit, and some nice music to hear! ^^

Back