• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My life as a character

Neon Shades

Hit me with your best shot
Years
  • Everybody at least once in their lifes have identified themselves with a character
    Be it from a book,a movie, a cartoon, a videogame or otherwise
    And this thread is the place for you to say who (and why) you relate to, just remember that no characters from anime or manga are allowed ...
    And as always respect people and don't bash'em for relating to a certain person.

That's it and have fun :3
    I hope I'm not breaking any rules

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I think I'm a mixture of:

Charlie Brown and Linus van Pelt from Peanuts, Chuckie Finster from Rugrats, Doug Funnie from Doug, and Garfield from uh.. Garfield.

Psycho Bugler

Jew Extrordinaire!
    Years
  • Oh wow... I don't think I could successfully list the number of fictional characters I identify with...

Mouse from The Matrix. I was very outspoken for my age when I was younger. Now I'm considered a shy pussy.

Vivi from Final Fantasy IX. I don't know who my real father is (funny story, I was conceived when my "father" was on deployment) and I have huge issues with existentialism and why I'm here.

T.K. from Digimon. When I was younger, I always felt like the short kid who got over looked until I got everyone's attention and I was suddenly kind of badass. I still feel like that now.

Nanaki from Final Fantasy VII (more commonly known as Red XIII). Wise beyond his years (I wish that could apply to me) and a great warrior. Shame of his father until he learned how truly badass he was.

Those are the ones I think of off the top of my head. I really relate more to non-fictional celebrities than I do to fictional characters.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Ah. This is one of those "varied" things.

Sometimes, I'm like House from... House, especially to friends in real life. I will help them, but let's just say sometimes I do it just for the puzzle (and one of my friends inspires the same thing as the whole Wilson speaks, House gets an idea part)

Yet, other times I'm more like... Ergh, I've never used this before... Zane Truesdale from Yu-Gi-Oh GX (yes THAT sequel thing), for a calm approach to things, but also his dark side in which I can berate people while showing my genius at times. Both sides of him I guess.

Madam Cheezy

Imakuni Trainee
    Years
  • Ooou....here I go....

Milly from Trigun
    Because, quite frankly, I kind of look like her. And I used to have a really sweet facade that was a lot like hers at some point. Smiling even though he's gone....how can you not like that?

Utena from RGU/SKU
    Strong, unafraid, and tries to walk the right path, even if the path is too covered in rose petals to see.

Anthy from RGU/SKU
    For almost the opposite reasons as above. She's a bit of a kniving masochist. Like how we all can be at times.

Yadjirobe (think I spelled that wrong...) from DBZ
    Weird, and plays an important roll that more or less goes unseen. Plus, I used to look like him at one point. (Yeah, it was a funny time then.... o.o; )

There are more, but, my brain does not want to do what I'm telling it....second post may be required. lol.

Essentials

Lost in Thought
    Years
  • Hermione Granger from Harry Potter is basically the more prettier me -- I'm smart, but I try not to brag. I have huge teeth like her, and I'm a know-it-all. My hair is totally messed up like hers. We're totally alike.

And I think I like my best friend like the way she likes Ron.

Archenoth

(cozy)
    Years
  • Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes... Especially when I was younger.

Seriously, I did so much similar to that kid. I even rode wagons down hills before I got the idea from Calvin and Hobbes. I was always getting into trouble for similar mischief, I always spoke with a similar vocabulary, and I often pondered quite a fair amount of philosophy. I also didn't have many friends.

I had so many spectacular run-ins with physics though.

The only thing that was missing, was a stuffed animal.

My life as a character

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Quentin Coldwater from the novel The Magicians is a tall 17-year-old American version of me. The neuroses are there but not as exaggerated as many characters of fiction, and when I was reading this book, I couldn't help think "OMG THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I'D DO IN THAT SORT OF SITUATION" as well as "Well, he's being a bit of a prick, now!" Other characters have come close to encapsulating my personality, but Quentin definitely comes the closest out of all of them.

Back