• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My new team?

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    Hey guys. I have been trying to make a party and this is what i have so far... if you have suggestions please do tell

Metagross- LVL 45 ATM
    Brave
    Quick tempered

Hp:140
    Atk:156
    Def:135
    SP atk:103
    SP def:98
    Spd:70

Well right now i have
    substitute
    psychic
    agility
    hammer arm

(was my lil bros so)(im kepping hammer not so sure bout the rest)

Chansey-LVL 1 (just breeding them trying to find something)
    Naive
    often dozes

HP:16
    Atk:5
    Def:5
    SP atk:5
    SP def:6
    Spd:6

Vaporeon-LVL 1 (same as chansey)
    Hasty
    likes to relax

HP:13
    Atk:6
    Def:5
    SP Atk:7
    SP Def:7
    Spd:6

Snorlax-LVL 50
    Lax
    Loves to eat

HP:227
    Atk:120
    Def:82
    SP Atk:76
    SP Def:106
    Spd:42

Rest
    Giga Impact so far (its the one from SS)
    Maybe Cruch

Porygon-Z-LVL 11
    Hardy (not nature i want but im still breeding)
    scatters things often

HP:42
    Atk:22
    Def:21
    SP Atk:35
    SP Def:21
    Spd:25

Trick room
    Nasty plot
    Hyper beam

Looking for the last Sp Atk and Atk sweeper
    Any suggestions
    (now that i look at it is snorlax supposed too have higher def than SP def?)

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Uh...is this supposed to be a competitive team or an in-game team? Probably in-game because your Pokemon are in no way fit for competitive battles.

(now that i look at it is snorlax supposed too have higher def than SP def?)
    No, Snorlax generally has much higher Sp. Def than Def.

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    IM NOOB!

this is what i need... competitive.. im noob so could you guys help me?

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

Well, there's a lot to cover since you're basically starting from point 0.
    Let's see...

*Your Natures are horrible
    *Your moves are horrible
    *You don't have any items
    *You don't have any EVs (you probably don't even know what EVs are)

Click HERE to get introduced to competitive battling and how to build a team.

Click HERE to learn what EVs are and how to EV train your Pokemon.

Click HERE for more information about moves, effects, etc. that are important in competitive battles.

Finally, click HERE to find a list of all the Pokemon and what movesets/items/natures/EVs you should give each one.

Learning to battle and build a team takes a LOT of work so you have a LOT to learn.

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    New thoughts

ok i have been reading the links you posted... and im think im a offensive player...

I have a question.
    So if i have a offensive team am i supposed to have a wall at all? or just have the set-up pokemon and just use sweepers?

I have a skarmory with stealth rock and spikes. could that be a good set-up pokemon for a pysical sweeper party?

I was looking at alakazam and i have one of my own lvl 100 (probably too late but it has like 303 Sp atk and 300 speed) gentle nature and likes too run) so im guessing im going to have to get a nature that helps his Sp atk or speed?

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

So if i have a offensive team am i supposed to have a wall at all? or just have the set-up pokemon and just use sweepers?
    No, offensive teams should just have sweepers. So a Skarmory doesn't belong on an offensive team.

so im guessing im going to have to get a nature that helps his Sp atk or speed?
    That's right. Use Smogon as your guide for what natures to give Pokemon. But I wouldn't use Alakazam. Beginners like you should stick to OU Pokemon, so only use Pokemon on THIS LIST.

Hope you've learned about EVs too, as they are super important.

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    thanks

OK i will tell you what i come up with when i think i have finished

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2011
    Just to add on, it's very helpful to get through the game with an in-game team, and then start from scratch and build a new team if you don't want to cheat. from battling in-game trainers, most EVs get screwed up. So play through with whoever you want, and then get a whole new team for in-game.

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    yeah thats not in game... and do i just fight the elite 4 a bunch of times too lvl them up and EV train them???

And this is what i have so far trying too breed a meta gross with adament and the likes to fight statictic or one of the 1 that raises your attack and try ing too get a scizor with either adament or jolly and a charecteristic that raise its atk or speed... and im still looking at the pokemon list for OU or what ever he said i should b in since im new.

LOL i have about 5 beldum eggs running around so they will hatch might aswell do 5 then 1 right?

ok i have another question... is there a way too predict your eggs nature or should i just keep making eggs till i get the nature i want?

Last edited:

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

is there a way too predict your eggs nature or should i just keep making eggs till i get the nature i want?

Well technically, there's RNG abuse which let's you get guaranteed shiny Pokemon with perfect IVs and the best nature.

But you're not ready for that yet, so just do it the old fashioned way by attaching an Everstone to a Ditto with the nature you want so that the Ditto will have a 50% chance of passing down the same nature to your offspring.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    thanks agian u never fail 2 not have a answer... i will ask if i need more help ok???

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    ok this is the team i have cooked up so far

Aerodactyl@focus sash
    jolly

taunt
    stealth rock
    earthquake
    stealth rock

mategross@iron ball
    adamant
    trick
    earthquake
    meteor mash
    explosion

machamp@left overs
    adamant

bulk up
    dynamic punch
    ice punch
    thunder punch

wevile@life orb/choice band
    jolly

pursuit
    ice shard
    low kick
    ice punch/night slash

scizor@choice band
    adamant

u-turn
    bullet punch
    super power
    quick attack/pursuit

im looking for a good physical rapid spinner... i had starmie and then realized its not a physical pokemon

so if you have any suggestions or comments please do tell

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    You should use Starmie. Skarmory walls your entire team, imo.

You need more variation.

You have:

6 physical sweepers
    No real way of complimenting eachother (what counters Scizor?)
    No way to stop top threats such as Gyarados, Scizor, Heatran, enemy Machamp and Metagross......in fact, the only things you can kill are Gengar, Starmie and Dragonite. All with Weavile.

You're also missing EV spreads from these, so we can't tell if you're even going in the right direction with those pokemon.....

Aerodactyl has 2 Stealth Rocks. Not good. Go for: Stealth Rock/Earthquake/Stone Edge/Taunt.

Back