• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My New UU Team

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I played this team on our server and lost a deadly 5-0 to DA laugh out loud. So I made some tweaks before posting this RMT and well here it is.

My New UU Team

Girafarig (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Inner Focus
    EVs: 252 HP/32 Def/64 Spd/160 SAtk
    Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Magic Coat
    - Psychic
    - Grass Knot
    - Wish

Magic Coat is to deal with sleeper leads. Psychic 2KO's most leads that don't resist it. Grass Knot more bulky leads bar Registeel.
    ---

My New UU Team

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Spd/252 SAtk
    Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Psychic
    - Hidden Power [Fighting]
    - Moonlight

CM Cress is the definition of broken in UU but since it's there now might as well abuse it. It has the bulk to be able to spam CM and recover off damage with Moonlight thanks to Sunny Day being the number one weather effect in UU. It has pretty good coverage with Psychic and HP Fighting. Spiritomb is what gives this set the most problems.
    ---

My New UU Team

Mismagius (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Nasty Plot
    - Shadow Ball
    - Thunderbolt
    - Taunt

Mismagius has the potential to sweep entire teams if not checked correctly. Nasty Plot up then sweep is the plan. Shadow Ball is for STAB. Thunderbolt deals with things that resist Shadow Ball. Taunt is here to stop things from setting up on Missy.
    ---

My New UU Team

Aggron (F) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Rock Head
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Head Smash
    - Aqua Tail
    - Ice Punch
    - Rock Polish

Aggron has an amazing Attack stat and nice physical bulk as well the only problem is her Speed but that's where Rock Polish comes in. After an RP, Aggron's Speed is well over 400 letting sweep with Life Orb boosted 150 BP STAB Head Smash. Aqua Tail and Ice Punch pick up the slack where Head Smash isn't the right choice.
    ---

My New UU Team

Scyther (M) @ Choice Band
    Ability: Technician
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
    Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Aerial Ace
    - U-turn
    - Pursuit
    - Brick Break

Because Scyther takes 50% damage from Stealth Rock, it doesn't have to time to set-up Swords Dance and doesn't appreciate Life Orb recoil so Choice Band is in order. Technician boosted STAB Aerial Ace is the main attacking move while U-Turn provides both secondary STAB and a getaway plan. Pursuit is obviously to take out Pursuit bait like Rotom and Mismagius while and has good coverage when paired with Brick Break.
    ---

My New UU Team

Torterra (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Overgrow
    EVs: 212 HP/252 Def/44 Spd
    Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Wood Hammer
    - Earthquake
    - Leech Seed
    - Stealth Rock

Torterra is meant to take Physical hits and Seed Pokemon for maximum walling potential. Wood Hammer is a powerful STAB move put Grass has LOL coverage so Earthquake is for secondary STAB. This is also the only place I could fit Stealth Rock into the team and that move is essential to any offensive team.
    ---

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    1. Rain Dance is the #1 weather effect in UU, even Hail and SS are more common than Sunny Day.

2. 3 Pursuit bait pokemon.

3. Scyther is pretty useless without a Spinner.

4. Moltres/Blaziken can literally spam Fire Blast and you are 6-0'd. Amongst several other threats.

5. Nothing opens up sweeps or even works together.

TL;DR no synergy, too many 4x weak pokemon, little resistances to like anything, failure to cover the most prominent threats in UU make for a pretty meh team.

Grass/Fire/Water core is a good starting point for offensive teams in UU and actually has resistances and synergy. Still this needs a massive revamp.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Okay well Scyther can go in favor of Feraligatr as Step 1 of improving this team.

Feraligatr @ Choice Band
    Adamant nature
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Speed
    -Waterfall
    -Ice Punch
    -Eartquake
    -Aqua Jet

Gatr can become somewhat of a revenge killer with this which could help immensly.

Years
  • Its about time I seen a cress on a UU team! You know I never really thought of CB scyther but what you said about him made alot of since so I think if I decide to run a scyther it'll be CB and ide keep in scyther in place of gator but thats me.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Its about time I seen a cress on a UU team! You know I never really thought of CB scyther but what you said about him made alot of since so I think if I decide to run a scyther it'll be CB and ide keep in scyther in place of gator but thats me.

Scyther is a risky Pokemon to play. Without Rapid Spin support, Scyther can really only come in once but if you can pull it off correctly he can take out a Pokemon or two.

Like DA said I'm Fire Blast weak so a Pokemon that resists Fire-moves and can revenge kill said threat like Gator seemed like an obvious choice.

Next I'm thinking of changing my lead. Girafarig is really only useful against sleep inducers.

Leader Soulja Boy

Batesville Gym Leader
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 16, 2011
    I recommend an Anti-Lead Houndoom because it's not Pursuit bait nor is it weak to Fire.

Your teams needs better synergy. Lets go over what kind of synergy you'd have if you used the said Gator above and put Houndoom in the lead.

Houndoom is weak to: Water, Fighting, Rock, Ground
    You can Water, Rock, and Ground to Torterra and Fighting to Cresselia.

Cresselia is weak to: Dark, Ghost, Bug
    You have HP Fighting for Dark types, Ghost can go to Missy but that's a risky switch so if Houndoom is still alive send that in, Bug can go to Aggron

Missmagius is weak to: Ghost, Dark
    It can cover for its own type if it has the Speed advantage if not switch to Houndoom, need a better option to cover Dark

Aggron is weak to: Fighting (4x), Ground (4x), Water,
    Water and Ground go Torterra and Fighting goes to Cresselia

Feraligatr is weak to: Electric, Grass
    Electric can go to Torterra, Grass can only really go to Houndoom if it's still alive

Torterra is weak to: Ice (4x), Flying, Bug, Fire
    Ice can go to Houndoom or Aggron and so can Bug, Aggron can also take Flying, Fire goes to Feraligatr

There's a few gaps in that so be sure to work on that.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    This team kinda looks like it's 6 random Pokemon thrown together plus how is Scyther going to work well without a spinner? Especially CB Scyther since it will be forced out sooner or later.

Firstly you should replace Girafraig with something else, it's Pursuit bait and pretty bad as a lead. Moltres would work well here since it can stop quite a few leads setting up SR by sheer force which will benefit Scyther if you want to keep him. Something like this will work.

Moltres @ Life Orb
    Nature : Modest
    EV : 68 HP / 252 SpAtk / 188 Spe
    - Fire Blast
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    - Air Slash
    - Roost

Next I'd recommend something like Milotic >>> Mismagius, anything with a powerful Fire Blast and decent speed gives your team trouble especially with 2 weaks to it and no resists. Standard defensive set can work here. CBGator takes like 60% from LO Moltres Fire Blast and 45% from MixKen Fire Blast so that's not a great resist. That'll give you some decent syngery between Moltres / Torterra / Milotic. Next you want something to open up a opportunity for Cress and Aggron to sweep, I'd recommend getting rid of Scyther for something to help get rid of things like Umberon, Chansey and Tomb who all make life for Cress hard. You also want Signal Beam >>> Hidden Power [Fighting], this way you can hit fellow Psychic types and it also is slightly stronger though that hardly makes a difference.

Good luck and hopefully you'll make some of these changes.

Back