• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Nintendo handhelds stolen >.<

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    No. I don't take expensive stuff to school. The only things I've ever lost at school are my notes, and textbooks.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I didn't lose anything at school but I lost my GBA SP in China. I was visiting my relatives and one day, it just disappeared...

Years
    digi-kun said:
    personally i've only heard of incidents actually. Let's see...one kid got i think 20-50 dollars stolen from his backpack...another got their iPod stolen from his...

you, i'm really halfway wanting to pity you and halfway wanting to scold you for your stupidity

The following is assuming you're in high school

1. I really don't know why you would bring both your GBA AND your DS, but in case you didn't know yet, that slot at the bottom of your DS is to insert your GB/GBC/GBA games on your DS.
    Actually the DS only plays GBA games,
    some dude stole a 2p from me once, but I really couldn't care less about that, and my school doesn't let you bring stuff in so we all do XD

enyce

banned
    Years
    When i was in 8th grade (Feb.2002) someone stole me pokemon yellow, gold and silver and link cable. Plus the batteries in my GBA....

But why didnt they take the GBA or my other games??? Ever since then, I kept a master lock on my backpack

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
    I have had no cartridges stolen before, owing to the fact that nobody wants to so much as touch them either for fear of guilt or because they have it already. The possible exception may be when I left it at a friend's house one time and they used it, filling up my Pokédex and trading my Ho-oh to a friend of theirs (it cost me a Moltres to get it back).

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2012
    Well, I'm home schooled, so any thing stolen at "school" would be stolen from my house.

Not to long ago some jerk stole my bike. It was right next to the house and a few feet from my front door. Our door was open (we like to leave it open on week ends) and we have a glass door (basicly like a screen door but glass). And some one stole my bike, in the middle of the day, with our front door open while we (we as in my family) were home!!

The nerv of some people. . .:'(

Garouga! Bare Your Fangs!

Throw your fangs up!
    Years
    My school doesn't allow you to bring any games. Music isn't accepted, either, but most teachers let you listen if you can do your work at the same time. As for me, I had my GBA stolen a few years back...The good thing was that it broke earlier that day when someone kicked where I put it. And I had a spare at home.

Plus, the person who took it gave me $20 if I wouldn't tell anyone. ^_^

Years
    TwinScythe said:
    well thats not cool
    so what do we vote on?
    If you have had anything valuable stolen from you (at school?). ^^;

I don't think I've ever had anything stolen from me at all. I'm lucky, I guess. *shrug*

Alex The Great Master

Zeophyte in Eternal Exile
    Years
    I'm only allowed to bring a cellphone to school, and no, I never got stolen in my 15-year-old life. You have to admit going to school with a GBASP and a DS, and leaving them in an open box was just plain stupid. Anyway, I suggest ya tell the principal someone stole you. Remember, your school actually had the responsability of making sure noone stole you. If the principal does nothing at all, well, tell a teacher or the police about it. No one steals something without punishment!

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Esupio sono Kamereon said:
    Actually the DS only plays GBA games,
    some dude stole a 2p from me once, but I really couldn't care less about that, and my school doesn't let you bring stuff in so we all do XD
    meh, really not into the gaming industry that much so i'm kinda stupid, really the point there was to look at the other side of the argument instead of just pitying him XD

But then, looking at the principal's responce to that makes me kinda mad that they would just blow it off like it was nothing. Did you talk to the guy that was supposed to be watching the stuff yet?

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
    Years
    ATGM said:
    Anyway, I suggest ya tell the principal someone stole you. Remember, your school actually had the responsability of making sure noone stole you.

Someone stole Poké Lover?

Like a few others, I share less pity due to the utter stupidity. >> Seriously, I brought my GBC to school a fair few times for a few reasons:
    1) Lunch
    2) Trading
    3) I brought my Legendary Super Warriors game in so my friend could help me get somewhere.

Something stolen... Not from school as such. I got a Pocket Pikachu Colour (Didn't keep it for very long. :( ) and when we went to Queensland it may have been stolen. That's what's assumed. I haven't seen it for years. Same might have happened to TCG but I got another copy.

poke lover

Pokemon Master
    Years
    It was stupid of me to take both my handhelds and their games to school. You always think to yourself, "nah this will never happen to me" and then when it does your screwed. I'v learned my lesson the hard way and I'm definately not going to be taking any more expensive things to school again.

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
    Years
    That really sucks. :( I totally agree that if they offered the service to keep your valuables in a safe place, it is their responsibility to look after them and not yours. You're taking the initiative to put them where you expect them to be safe; it's not your fault if they go missing. >_<

I've never had anything of mine stolen, thank goodness, but my aunt had her house broken into twice :( They took her credit card but luckily didn't get any of her money because the bank was very suspicious.

Years
    Well when I was 12 (10 years ago) I had both my old brick like Gameboys and GBC (when it first came out) stolen and also my old school had a "bring stuff at your own risk" attitude (sp). I still don't know who stole considering that the grammer school that i went to nearly had 1000 pupils.

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
    poke lover said:
    About 2 weeks ago I had sport (at school) and we got the option of leaving our valuables in a box that is kept in the teachers office. So I decided to leave my GBA Sp nd MY DS along with all my games there with some other peoples items.
    After the sports class had ended I helped the teachers pack the equipement away. I went to get my handhelds when i discovered someone stole them! >.<
    I was so furious and becasue my school has the "you bring your possesions at your own risk" policy, I couldn't really do anything about it.
    That was over $300 worth of stuff there all gone.
    Anyone else had their handhelds or anything else expensive stolen like this at school?

(Just thought I'd get this of my back, lol.)
    wow..how could you not do anything about it?!I'd go insane......but that's me,and I know cuz it happened before......when I was little I had a GBC....a bully came right up to me,.....heh....thinking that I WAS WEAK....he took it right outta my hands and walked away....but I got to him,beat him up ,but one of my punches hit the GBC and broke it....but he also baught me a new one when I told my mom!!!!!!

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    I have never had anything stolen from me but then again I never take anything expensive to school although I have taken my DS to school but only once and it was because we had finals and my elective class has no final so it's just kick back time for two hours. My friend however had his iPod stolen from him but I found out who stole it through other people and I got it back for him.

Back