• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen My one complaint is the weak trainers

enyce

banned
    Years
    My god game freak you had to do it again. After GSC, you havent learned. Who wants to fight level 11-14 trainers after we recieved our third badge. These people are not serious.

I beaten wattson. But these trainers are not preparing me. My god, in RBY we had tough trainers. I mean by our second badge. We were fighting people in the freakin 20's.

This is insane...Its making it hard to get experience, so I actually have to fight weak wild pokemon too. Argh....

They better not do this wit daimond and peral. Weak trainers are getting on my nerves.

enyce

banned
    Years
    Agent9 said:
    You: Go Charmander (LV5)!
    Bug Catcher Earl: Go Caterpie (52)!

Agent9: Precisely. It'd make the game too hard.

now you're being silly

If you are on badge six do you wanna see level 20 pokemon??? of course not. You would wanna see like level 30-35....

In RBY the trainers were tough. Everybody on this one are little crybabies.

enyce

banned
    Years
    Agent9 said:
    In Fire Red, you do see Lv 35 pokemon in the sixth badge. So I don't know what your going on aout. The GEM and Metal Saga pokemon were weak. The Elite Four with Lv 40 - 50 - 58 pokemon? Seriously.

Fire red is a remake, it doesnt count -_-

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    I have a lot more than one complaint about the games, but the weak trainers definitely are towards the top of my list. They are weak and incredibly predictable. On top of that, all the gym leaders STILL have no diversity on their team. Norman is the greatest example. Vigoroth and two Slaking in RS and Spinda, Vigoroth, Linoone, and Slaking in Emerald. Emerald at least made a (lame) attempt, but seriously, the Normal-types have such an incredibly vast selection. Would it really hurt too if ONE of the Pokes they used didn't follow the typing. Especially in the E4. How, for the love of God, did those 5 trainers become the E4???? That right there shows how incredibly weak the trainers in the region are. Easily the worst of all regions. I am really hoping that DP will be a change in format, but I am not holding my breath. How cool would it be for DP to incorporate Colosseum into it, to actually make the end of the game interesting. No more Weak 4, just get the badges for a chance to enter.

We can only hope.

VanirElf

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    yeah the weak trainers are annoying as.

I'd like it to be like it was when the trainers were strong and getting badges was actually a challenge.

I hope they'll do another match call type thing in Diamond/Pearl 'cuz
    well I like the pokenav and all but I wanna be able to fight the trainers
    that I want when I was which u can basically do every 100 steps with the
    match call thing in FireRed/LeafGreen.

my pokemon pet peeves.

#1 that they lock up legendaries so the only way to get some of them
    is to go to a nintendo event...not everyone can go to those.

#2 the weak ingame trainers. 'cuz they make leveling up soo agonizingly slow.
    the gym leaders and elite 4 are a joke as trainers.

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    Agent9 said:
    You: Go Charmander (LV5)!
    Bug Catcher Earl: Go Caterpie (52)!

Agent9: Precisely. It'd make the game too hard.
    That's really unrealistic. I think a trainer should have Pokemon near or just over their twenties by time you get the second badge. I would like to level up my Pokemon quickly, but I wouldn't want to fight super powerful Trainers when you're just starting your game, that's really silly.

What about the Trainers on the Sevvi Islands? By time I got to them first time, their Pokemon were hard to beat.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    VanirElf said:
    I hope they'll do another match call type thing in Diamond/Pearl 'cuz
    well I like the pokenav and all but I wanna be able to fight the trainers
    that I want when I was which u can basically do every 100 steps with the
    match call thing in FireRed/LeafGreen.
    ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

It's called the VS Seeker, not the Match Call. The VS Seeker is awesome though. You can actually have trainers get their Pokemon stronger and evolve. Too bad there is a limit to how high their levels can reach and not every trainer in the game actually levels their Pokemon up.

I totally agree with enyce though. Even in their secret base, Team Magma/Aqua still had LV. 30+ Poochyenas and Zubats when they should have evolved a long time ago. And the 8th gym has a Luvdisc, the worst Water type in the game. That's just hilarious.

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    I totally agree with enyce though. Even in their secret base, Team Magma/Aqua still had LV. 30+ Poochyenas and Zubats when they should have evolved a long time ago. And the 8th gym has a Luvdisc, the worst Water type in the game. That's just hilarious.
    Yeah. The only things that an average Team Aqua/Magma Grunt lack are variety in their Pokemon (just Poochyena and Zubat) no wonder they get trounced all the time. At least FR/LG Team Rocket has a bit of variety (Ratata, Zubat, Drowzee,Machop, etc).

And what's wrong with Luvdisc?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Other than being the worst Water-type in the game? Not much. Bag on Magikarp all you want, but at least it evolves into one of the best Water-types in the game. What does Luvdisc evolve into? A big pile of smoldering doodoo.

Consider the fact that its base stats are a COMBINED 328. Yes that is all 6 base stats added together. The next closest crappy Water-type is Corsola at 380. Yes, Luvdisc is all cutesy, but it belongs in the PC where it won't get hurt.

enyce

banned
    Years
    shanecdavis said:
    Other than being the worst Water-type in the game? Not much. Bag on Magikarp all you want, but at least it evolves into one of the best Water-types in the game. What does Luvdisc evolve into? A big pile of smoldering doodoo.

Consider the fact that its base stats are a COMBINED 328. Yes that is all 6 base stats added together. The next closest crappy Water-type is Corsola at 380. Yes, Luvdisc is all cutesy, but it belongs in the PC where it won't get hurt.
    One thunderbolt=bye bye Gyarados

Years
    The ingame trainers are weak. Also the wild pokemon are also weak. I think they should increase trainer level and team diveresty. The levels of wild pokemon should be increased as well.

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    Red1530 said:
    The ingame trainers are weak. Also the wild pokemon are also weak. I think they should increase trainer level and team diveresty. The levels of wild pokemon should be increased as well.
    Nooo, not the wild Pokemon! (I got a tad overexcited.) I have a rule when it come to leveling up Pokemon, they are stronger when caught and Leveled up from the lowest level possible (say when your first Starter Pokemon, it begins at Level 5). If you compare a Leveled up Pokemon to a freshly caught Pokemon of a similar Level, you'll notice the difference. If you don't believe me, try it and see.

And as for Magikarp, I understand that it evolves into a powerful Water Pokemon. The same goes for Feebas (Milotic is cool).

enyce

banned
    Years
    Kraka-chan said:
    Nooo, not the wild Pokemon! (I got a tad overexcited.) I have a rule when it come to leveling up Pokemon, they are stronger when caught and Leveled up from the lowest level possible (say when your first Starter Pokemon, it begins at Level 5). If you compare a Leveled up Pokemon to a freshly caught Pokemon of a similar Level, you'll notice the difference. If you don't believe me, try it and see.

And as for Magikarp, I understand that it evolves into a powerful Water Pokemon. The same goes for Feebas (Milotic is cool).

Shes right, try catch a wild dragonair. In the safari zone, then a wild Dratini. If you level up dratini to dragonite. Then the same with Dragonair.

Who will be stronger??? The Dratini

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 15, 2007
    It's all too true, and even after you battle with the poke'mon league, there's not much good training that can be done with the weak pokemon they give you to fight...but I think they do this mostly to keep trainers from being able to catch extremely high level pokemon everywhere they go. There wouldn't be much point in the game if you couldn't train the pokemon yourself from a lower level. And if they did that, there'd be less training to accomplish with all the new strong pokemon your meeting. It would be nice if they could raise the levels of the pokemon league though, it's pretty bad when you don't have to put effort in to fighting them considering they're supposed to be the toughest challenge in the game....

Back