• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My opinion on the 2 new Mario games announced at E3

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    As you may know 2 new Mario games were announced at E3.

And

UR MR (you know what) is still there

I'll talk about NSMBWII first.

Innovations:

4 player co-op - Holy crum. Who did not want this? But with all do respect, all co-op games have a certain problem. One player might be good or great while another might suck. Nintendo has solved this with a growing screen, kinda like in Smash Bros. Will it stretch thru the whole stage, probably not. Will it be online. Hackin' yeah.

New Power up - Propeller suit. Okay... Weird and looks like it plays as if you've been shot up by those spinning springs in World 6 of the DS game. Doesn't look bad. Speaking of look. Penguin suit. No. No. Unless Sherbet land plays in the background while you have it. No. No. It's useless. Unless you need to freeze some enemies to get somewhere in a level. It's looking to be as useless as the blue shell. No.

Yoshi is making a comback - Yoshi. I love you man. You rock! Next to Luigi, he's my favourite Mario character! And you don't have to whack him on the head to make him spit out his tongue! No hitting Yoshi! And of coarse the massive hilarity that you can grab you're friend. Epic.

Picking up your partner - Fun. I guess.

Graphics - Not so fantastic. It's not as fantastic as let's say Galaxy. But it's nice. The backgrounds are stunning, nothing is static unlike Mario 3 and World. But it could be just a smidge better.

Complaints - Toads as Player 3 and 4. What the mud? Where's the other Mario characters, we know that they're there. Why can't I play as Peach or Daisy. A better question is where is Wario, we all know he can jump. Waluigi. Not a fan of him. The Kong family. Come on! Toads!? I ain't got nothin' against you. Wait, yes I do. I hate you. Everyone does, you make us save you. We thought you were Peach.

Overall look - NSMBWII is looking to be an improvement over it's DS sibling thanks to a co-op feature, improved graphics and slightly different gameplay.

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Innovations:

Have I told you people how much I love Yoshi yet? But now he can run faster, float for a few seconds and swing using his tongue. Epic.

New Beyblade-esque drill power-up. This is probably a one level thing but it looks cool. Now you can go in the planet.

Graphics - Can't see much improvement from the original but Galaxy one looked stunning and so does this.

Overall look - Super Mario Galaxy 2 is shaping up to be better than the first and I cannot wait to see more Yoshi forms personally. What are you looking forward to in these two awesome games?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    New Super Mario Bros Wii will turn up to be the next Super Mario World. And I mean it. 80 levels are confirmed so I expect more then 100 exits. Thats a larger number then SMW's 74 levels and 96 exits. Not that big but it certainly does up the ante quite a bit. And the addition of Yoshi is what makes me think so.
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 will become the best 3D Mario game since Super Mario 64. Super Mario Galaxy was perfect in every way but it was not up there with Super Mario 64 on terms of whoa. This though will be exactly up there with the addition of Yoshi and a possibly great story to follow up on Galaxy. Seeing as 5-10% of this will be old we can see how one or two galaxies got reborn. Certain interesting stuff if you don't mind me saying.

So then whatever Nintendo has in store for us with these games its something big something exciting and certainly something epic.

Years
    Not to mention that Morton was seen in a screenshot, which pretty much confirms that the Koopalings will be in the game. (NSMB Wii, that is.)

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    New Super Mario Bros. Wii is designed as a multiplayer game. It can be played as a single player experience, but when you play it...you'll be able to tell that an intended part of the gameplay is lacking (like in Zelda: Four Swords Adventures). If the multiplayer was online that'd be awesome. But it's not. And it's based on the DS title which I did not like. So :C

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    NSMBwii looks kind of fun, but let's face it, it's just the DS game with multi player and more levels, the graphics have hardly advanced etc.

SMG2, meh, wasn't a fan of the first one, but I guess whey to Yoshi being in it.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    NSMB Wii looks like one of those game that are REALLY fun at 4 in the morning with a bunch of people on caffeine highs. I'll definately be picking that one up eventually, as for Galaxy 2, i've never been a fan of the 3D mario games, so I won't even touch it.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Mario Bros. Wii - Not really interested. It looks like the DS game, which was fun, but I can't see me having 3 friends over all the time to play it. I know 4 isn't required, but that's a big feature they're flaunting, unless it's going over wi-fi. Then it's pretty cool.

Galaxy 2 - Can't wait. I loved the first. I wish they had switched locales and done something besides space, but whatever, it'll be great. And it's got Yoshi. ;D

Starway

Artist and Gamer
    Years
    I acually kinda look forward for SuperMarioGalaxy2, since I liked the first one and Yoshi's....in the game this time too, but New super Mario bros I'd have to agree with the characters. I mean I see toads in like every single Mario game it's just that I would like it so much better is you could just choose other characters for a change I mean, enough with the toads already!

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
    Years
    NSMB2 looks pretty fun, but I really don't like the idea of being squashed by toads. Those little @#$@%s.

SMG2 looks okay...
    I loved the first one, but so far I don't see many new concepts or innovations. I don't really agree with Todoroki that SMG2 will be THE best 3D mario platformer up to date. You should at least wait until you know more about it to award it that title.

Back