• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My other RMT. rofl [Standard | Platinum]

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Description

Sorry for all these RMTs, I am currently deciding what team I should go with when English Platinum releases. I am going to pick from either of these teams I made. Sorry, but I do not intend on using Legends, as they take a very long time to get, especially events. Also, this is for WiFi... Sorry, if this team is a bit too balanced. This is my Shoddy record for this team when I tested it out a bit: 23 Wins | 2 Loses | 0 Ties.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Team Overview

Team In-Depth

Mixed Wall / Lead
    Bronzong @ Macho Brace
    Trait: Levitate
    Nature: Sassy
    EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SpD
    IVs: 0 Spe
    - Stealth Rock
    - Trick
    - Earthquake
    - Gyro Ball

I needed a certain Mixed Wall, that can also be great Lead. So, it came to me as Bronzong, and with his handy bunch of resistances, it can be even more valuable. Of course I went with Levitate over Heatproof as it can be resistant of his high weakness: Ground, and the ever common move, Earthquake. The EVs allow it to be a great Mixed Wall, and be good at it, and Sassy is handy as it lowers his Speed. It sets up Stealth Rock easily, and if the opposing Pokemon seems more of a Taunting type, then I will attack. Trick screws up sweepers, and can hopefully check Salamence if I switch in on a Outrage, while it is Outraging, I can Trick it to slow it down, then Blissey can come in a destroy it with Ice Beam. Earthquake covers other Steel types that other wise walls me. STAB Gyro Ball is necessary for high power, and its hard as my main option to attack. Macho Brace is always an option over Leftovers, but he is a Wall, and needs some recover.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Physical Sweeper
    Arcanine @ Choice Band
    Trait: Intimidate
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    - Thunder Fang
    - Iron Head / Overheat
    - Flare Blitz
    - Extreme Speed

Yes, it is Arcanine again, as in many of my older teams. I love this dog, and he is my favorite, so I use him and he is usable enough to hit hard in the metagame of Standard. Choice Band packs a punch (or paw) into many things, and no need for Adamant as he is already strong as is, and he needs more Speed to outspeed some threats. Thunder Fang dents Water types into their grave if Arcanine is my last Pokemon, or choice. Iron Head is a new addition to Platinum for Arcanine now that he has higher accuracy than Iron Tail. Iron Head damages those Rock types, though it has very low coverage, Overheat is another option to replace it. Overheat is a nasty surprise for those Physical Walls that rely on nothing but Defense, and not Special Defense. It even hurts Donphan and Gliscor pretty nicely. STAB Flare Blitz is an obvious for Physical Arcanine, it hurts many that does not resist it, and is my main option of attacking. Though, it does have a draw back with recoil damage (added with Stealth Rock, 25%), except I can sometimes get in a Wish from Blissey and pass it on to Arcanine. Extreme Speed is another obvious choice from start, and is his signature move (and best). It destroy those low HP folks, and some fragile Sweepers.

Special Sweeper
    Gengar @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Levitate
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    - Shadow Ball
    - Thunderbolt
    - Trick
    - Focus Blast

This is a lovely Revenge Killer that outpaces once Dragon Dance Gyarados, and other Speedy threats. He is very great for switching in on Earthquakes, Close Combats, and other attacks he is immune to. STAB Shadow Ball is my main option to attack with, and hits most Pokemon hard. Thunderbolt is great for Dragon Dance Gyarados that I stated above, and is great for other Water types that pose a great threat to my team. Although, Hidden Power Ice is also a great move to use over that, except my team has moves to cover Dragon Dance Salamence, and other Dragon types (Blissey has Ice Beam). Trick messes up Walls like Blissey and set up types, making them useless more than ever. Focus Blast smacks around Heatran and other Steel types that appear in today's metagame. Modest is prefered over Timid for power, but I need to outspeed very fast threats.

Mixed Sweeper
    Salamence @ Life Orb
    Trait: Intimidate
    Nature: Mild
    EVs: 84 Atk / 216 SpA / 208 Spe
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast
    - Draco Meteor

Yes, it is the new Smogon MixMence. STAB Outrage slams into Special Walls like a champ 2HKOing Blissey after Stealth Rock damage, and 2HKOs Cresselia on a Draco Meteor on the switch with Stealth Rock damage. Earthquake does damage to Steel types that resist or is immune to Fire Blast like Heatran (who gets OHKOed). Fire Blast hits those that resist or is immune to Earthquake like Skarmory and Forretress. Those two moves also work great together to cover both Physical and Special. STAB Draco Meteor is everywhere on Salamence sets, and it is one this one, too! Draco Meteor does massive damage on tons of Pokemon, and is prefer as a hit and run option and can be used on switch ins. Mild is prefered over Rash as it helps Salamence last a Ice Beam or two.

OR

Spoiler:

Physical Wall
    Hippowdon @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sand Stream
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def OR 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
    - Roar
    - Slack Off
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge / Toxic / Ice Fang

The ultimate Physical Wall! Resistance to Stealth Rock is and added bonus, and he has a good recovery move with no draw backs. The first EVs are solely for Physical Walling, giving him the ultimate defenses. The other option for EVs gives him some survivability from Special attacks. Roar allow him to break Baton Passers and Subers, and other things that Phazers do. Slack Off is his recovery option healing away necessary damage, and makes him even more bulkier. STAB Earthquake is his main move to attack slamming around many things, as long as they are not resistant or immune to it. Stone Edge is good on switching in Gyarados that love to switch on Earthquakes and get in a Dragon Dance when I switch. Toxic is a great choice for Hippowdon and any stalling type as it brings down other Walls. Ice Fang drops those Flying types as does Stone Edge, but it does great damage to Gliscor and the Dragons.

Special Wall
    Blissey @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 252 Def / 80 SpA / 176 SpD
    - Seismic Toss
    - Wish
    - Softboiled
    - Ice Beam

The best Special Wall as of now! Natural Cure allows her to switch out and in when she gets statused. Leftovers gives her more bulk, adding to the healing power. 252 Def EVs gives her the ability to last a few Physical hits before going down. Wish gives support to my team healing up everyone, most importantly Arcanine (from Flare Blitz's recoil) and Salamence (from Life Orb's recoil). Softboiled heal herself quickly when needed, and has no draw backs like Sleep status from Rest. Ice Beam with 80 Spa is sure to bring down those Dragon types without Yache Berry, and is an alternative to Gengar who is immune to Seismic Toss. Another option to go over Ice Beam is Thunder Wave, which helps slower the Sweeper that lurk everywhere. If I do go with that, then the EV spread I would want would be: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD, and I would want Bold Nature.

Team Roles

Bronzong: Mixed Wall / Lead / Sets up SR
    Arcanine: Physical Sweeper
    Gengar: Revenge Killer / Special Sweeper / Tricker
    Salamence: Mixed Sweeper
    Hippowdon: Physical Wall / Phazer / Toxic Support (If I choose to go with this move)
    Blissey: Special Wall / Paralyze Support (If I choose to go with Thunder Wave)

Threat List

None so far...

So far I see no threats to this team. :\ If I find one, then I will post it here. So, what do you think of this team?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2011
    You don't want 2 attacks AND 2 healing moves on Blissey - even though they serve different purposes, dropping softboiled for protect (to trigger wish + leftovers) and dropping either attack for TWave/Toxic would serve you better. I personally would go with Toss, since Dugtrio isn't too common anymore and you'd have to hit it on the switch to 2HKO it.
    Other then that, the team looks nice.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    So far I see no threats to this team. :\ If I find one, then I will post it here. So, what do you think of this team?

How did you miss Salamence ?_?

Virtually every kind of Salamence (except SpecsMence but nobody uses that) gives your team a real hassle. While countering the physical sets is really tough, they can come in on half of your team and you don't have anything to revenge kill very well. Gengar Tricking Choice Scarf onto it is about all you have, and even then, that's not going to do a whole lot (especially if Hippowdon is weakened in which case it's basically CBmence but faster). Similarly, Kingdra on the rain completely destroys the entire team since you don't have a bulky water, and Guyarados isn't stopped by anything except the Pursuitable Gengar (and with Scizor as the number one pokemon and commonly running XCB Pursuit, that's bad Gyarados defense >_>)

I recommend Vaporeon to deal with these problems. It crushes Rain Dance sweeper variants of Kingdra and serves as a nice switch-in to Gyarados. It also kind of deals with Salamence if you give it Ice Beam, but that's pretty iffy. Oh, it also covers your obscene Infernape weakness.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
    Trait: Water Absorb
    EVs: 188 HP / 252 Def / 68 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Surf
    - Hidden Power [Electric]
    - Ice Beam / Protect
    - Wish

There you go. You can use Protect over Ice Beam since Vaporeon is far from the ideal solution to Salamence. I would use it over Gengar, since it takes care of what Gengar is designed to "deal with."

As for what I don't like about the team in general (not to be completely negative here), Stealth Rock + recoil from Flare Blitz and Life Orb beats down Arcanine and Salamence, respectively. There's no way either of them are going to last very long, and Arcanine is so easy to wall anyways that it's hardly worth it (Thunder Fang isn't ever beating waters). That's not even taking SS damage from Hippowdon into account. Gengar runs into the same problem, but Vaporeon should replace it. Its Wish support will also be helpful to Arcanine and Mence, but I'm a little iffy about Arcanine here since the team doesn't support it AT ALL (there's basically nothing luring in what walls it like Swampert and Suicune, and your team actually has trouble with these pokemon).

Also, I take it you meant to put Macho Brace on Bronzong? Tricking Leftovers on stuff isn't really doing anything o_O

EDIT: If you do use Vaporeon, use Thunder Wave >>> Wish on Blissey to desetupfodderize it. lol

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Closing this on request of op.

And just a note, in regards to your report, no one said your team sucked. Its called constructive criticism and is done to help you.

~Locked~

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back