• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My OU Team

Dragon_Reborn

Dragon Master
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Ohio
    • Seen Apr 1, 2012
    Hello,this is my current pearl team that I will be using for competitive battle against friends and WiFi.Feel free to suggest new pokemon,movesets,etc.Rate away!

Team at glance:
    My OU Team
    My OU Team
    My OU Team
    OR
    My OU Team
    My OU Team
    My OU Team
    My OU Team

My OU Team

Mixed Sweeper
    Infernape@Life Orb
    Ability:Blaze
    Nature:Naive
    EV's:64Atk/252SpA/192Spe
    -Fire Blast
    -Nasty Plot
    -Close Combat
    -Grass Knot
    I always have to have one of the beginning pokemon in my teams and Infernape seems best this time around.Infernape gains STAB Fire Blast and Close Combat.Nasty Plot is the key to this moveset as it boosts the damage of STAB Fire Blast and Grass Knot.STAB Fire Blast will take out most more commonly seen steel types and any other fire weakness.Grass Knot will keep water pokemon such as Swampert,Milotic,Vaporeon from sweeping Infernape away.STAB Close Combat will severally damage Blissey and Snorlax or possible take them out.

My OU Team

Physical Sweeper
    Salamence@Life Orb
    Ability:Intimidate
    Nature:Naughty
    EV's:232Atk/24SA/252Spe
    -Outrage
    -Dragon Dance
    -Earthquake
    -Fire Blast
    Dragon Dance is the key to allowing Salamence to sweep teams.Outrage can heavily damage most pokemon especially if you have some Dragon Dances up.Fire Blast will deal with steel types like Scizor,Forretress,Skarmory.Earthquake damage most things.

My OU Team

Physical Wall
    Hippowdon@Leftovers
    Ability:Sandstream
    Nature:Impish
    EV's:252HP/168Def/88SpD
    -Earthquake
    -Stealth Rock
    -Slack Off
    -Roar
    A very nice defensive wall.Im a little iffy about Sandstream ability as it could possibly tear my team apart,but I could benfit from it.Lay down Stealth Rock first to hurt switch in pokemon.Roar away any Spinner that trys to Rapid Spin away Stealth Rock.Slack Off to recover back lost HP to stay in longer.STAB Earthquake damages things.Sandstream ability will do the rest.

OR

My OU Team

Skarmory@Leftovers
    Ability:Keen Eye
    EV's:252HP/64Atk/176Def/16Spe
    -Brave Bird
    -Spikes/Stealth Rock
    -Roost
    -Whirlwind
    This is a replacement defensive wall if Hippowdon isn't great choice for my team.First,lay down Spikes to affect switch in pokemon.Whirlwind will get rid of any spinners that will use Rapid Spin to get rid of Stealth Rock.Roost will recover any damage taken and damage taken by Brave Bird.STAB Brave Bird will damage things.

My OU Team

Special Sweeper
    Gengar@Life Orb
    Ability:Levitate
    Nature:Timid
    EV's:4Def/252SpA/252Spe
    -Shadow Ball
    -Thunderbolt
    -Focus Blast
    -Hidden Power [Fire]/Explosion
    STAB Shadow Ball will take care of Psychic threats.Focus Blast will heavily damage things like Tryanitar that might try Crunch or Pursuit on Gengar.Thunderbolt will help take out pesky common water types and the common Skarmory.Hidden Power[Fire]to deal with steel types such as Scizor.If I can't get Hidden Power[Fire],then I will use Explosion to do have damage to Blissey and Snorlax that will sponge Gengar.

My OU Team

Special Wall
    Ability:Natural Cure
    Nature:Calm
    EV's:252Def/80SpA/176SpD
    -Flamethrower
    -Wish
    -Toxic
    -Protect
    No doubt the best special wall.Toxic poisons stuff and will gradually increase the amount taken out over time.Wish will help restore back HP over time to keep Blissey in longer.Protect is what makes Toxic and Wish more effective as it avoids a attack for 1 turn.Flamethrower help deal with Heracross and Scizor threats.

My OU Team

Tank
    Dusknoir@Leftovers
    Ability:Pressure
    EV's:252HP/28Atk/228Def
    -Earthquake
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Ice Punch
    -Pain Split
    Always nice to have a tank pokemon.Will-o-Wisp burns things and damages over time if not cured.Pain Split is what will keep Dusknoir tanking even longer.Earthquake will hit things hard.Ice Punch will help against Salamence,Dragonite,Flygon,etc.

What do you think?Any improvements needed?

IcePyro

I'll just not say anything
    Years
    NP Infernape as a lead? Anyway, I suggest the lead variant instead of NP unless you would want to change your lead pokemon, and what you suggested about keeping Blissey, Milotic, Vaporeon, Snorlax away, is that those pokemon don't show up as leads.

Why use a Naughty Nature on Mence? This allows many pokemon to OHKO Salamence after SR damage. I suggest Adamant.

In regards toward Hippowdon or Skarmory, they both look like PHazers used on a stall team, so i'd try to find a different variant there. Plus, since they're not on a stall team, they only have one attack that does damage, and EQ doesn't always hit everyone, and Brave Bird is easily walled by bulky pokemon.

I'd go with HP Fire over Explosion because Blissey and Snorlax can Rest, Wish, or Softboil those 50% damages away.

Blissey's not my thing, so I best not rate that.

Dusknoir, he seems okay, but he's not the best guy in this position.

Added Comments: You're a bit overzealous about that Scizor, with Flamethrower, HP Fire, and two Fire Blasts. Your team can also fall pretty quick to Machamp and SD Luke.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    I dont get what this team does strategy wise, id try to stack spikes tbh

Skarmory should be used (with Spikes) because otherwise Mence can just Outrage your whole team.

Gengar wants the Mystic Gar set which is Protect/Focus Blast/Hidden Power Fire/Shadow Ball. This stops it being Scizor bait as you can protect to scout for the Pursuit and Hp Fire it and switch if it Bullet Punches.

Alot of weaks here, Gyarados, Tyranitar mainly. These guys KILL you.

To fix this id suggest a Specs/Life Orb Luke with Vaccum Wave >> Infernape to give you a rock resist and Vacuum Wave nabs DDTar's.

Lucario@Choice Specs / Life Orb
    252 SAtk / 252 Speed / 6 HP
    Modest / Timid Nature
    - Aura Sphere
    - Vacuum Wave
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hidden Power [Ice/Rock] / Dragon Pulse

Next, id suggest you replace Dusknoir for something with Rest + Sleep Talk pokemon which counters Gyarados too, id consider something like Rest/Sleep Talk/Hidden power Electric/Surf Milotic to counter Gyarados who pretty much owns you. Rest and Sleep Talk also stop Breloom, Smeargle and Roserade incapacitating important members of your team thus absorbing the sleep.

Drop Wish From Blissey, i dont feel your team needs Wish THAT much. Id advise switching its set up to Stealth Rock/Thunderwave or Toxic/Flamethrower/Softboiled, this way you can stack spikes and have a strategy aka Spikes shuffling and then picking off weakened sweepers with your own.

Lead with Skarm or Bliss.

The team would be ;

Skarm
    Stealth Rock Bliss
    Mystic Gar
    Specs/Life Orb Lucario
    DD Mence
    STalker HP Electric Milotic.

Something like this ? Good luck with the team, i hope you test these changes.

Back