• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Pixel Art

☆Patched☆

Is a Death Note and Bleach Fan
Years
  • You can say I'm pretty "new" to Pixel Art, I mean I've only been doing it for a couple of months to one year. But anyway, I have a small collection of stamps, and sprites, so I just want to post these. ;) Also, please keep in mind that all of my works were done on MS Paint, and only MS Paint. I don't have any fancy software so this is all simple stuff. I guess you know do not steal, and these are 100 % scratch sprite (other than Giratina sprite). Constructive criticism please.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

☆Patched☆

Years
  • Thank you for the nice comments! Many people like my Mudkip and Absol the best for some reason. :) Thank you for the nice comments. I'm crying of joy!!!

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • Aw, totally awesome~ The Absol's cool. I'm not a big fan of Mudkips (they're overrated...), but your art's still awesome~

Maybe you should try splicing sometime. You know, puttin a Ninetales's tail on a Ponyta's body and recoloring the Ponyta to match Ninetales's color. Or something extremely simple, like putting the leaf on Chikorita's head on an Eevee's head XD *my first splice; I dubbed it "Chikovee"*

☆Patched☆

Years
  • Aw, totally awesome~ The Absol's cool. I'm not a big fan of Mudkips (they're overrated...), but your art's still awesome~

Maybe you should try splicing sometime. You know, puttin a Ninetales's tail on a Ponyta's body and recoloring the Ponyta to match Ninetales's color. Or something extremely simple, like putting the leaf on Chikorita's head on an Eevee's head XD *my first splice; I dubbed it "Chikovee"*

Well, you know. I was in a Mudkip mood when I made that one. I do do splices (I hope that's correct grammar), just not so often. I'll update if I get one done. :7:

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • Aw, cute Eevee head thingy XD I'm completely sure that isn't one of the emotes here (if it is, somehow, I'll probably end up using it O.o).

Mudkips are still great and all. When I had a Swampert in Emerald, it helped me catch the level 70 Rayquaza even though it was only level 40-something (this was before beating the E4 for the first time). So although Mudkips are overrated, they're still pretty awesome ^^

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Wow, nice. It looks really cute.

The outlines are a bit messy, though. Some of the curves don't look smooth, for example on the ears. Also, the tail looks weird. Look at the yellow star on the official art - it's supposed to be flat and symmetrical.

☆Patched☆

Years
  • Wow, nice. It looks really cute.

The outlines are a bit messy, though. Some of the curves don't look smooth, for example on the ears. Also, the tail looks weird. Look at the yellow star on the official art - it's supposed to be flat and symmetrical.

Yeah, I kind of realized those mistakes too. Well, here's another update:

*UPDATE*

Edit:
    My Pixel Art

Years
  • I love that shinx sprite the best, its awsome! The resized scratches are really nice and I like the platinum stamp.

☆Patched☆

Years
  • I love that shinx sprite the best, its awsome! The resized scratches are really nice and I like the platinum stamp.

Shinx is my most recent one, meaning that all I've learned so far was put into that one sprite, showing how I'm currently doing with sprites. The other scratch spritres are from about a month ago, the Platinum Stamp a couple of weeks ago.

☆Patched☆

Years
  • :t216:UPDATE:t216:

Yeah. Another update. It's overworld sprites for once.
    Shiny Cranidos!!!

My Pixel Art
    I know the horns on the back sprite look very odd.

DO NOT STEAL!!!

Last edited:

☆Patched☆

Years
  • Yet Another Update

For the past few days I've been working on the Halloween Sprite Contest (I won't reveal anything right now), and this Scratch Sprite tutorial!

*UPDATE*

You can find this on dA and the rest of my sprites if you haven't noticed. :) I do understand many things are odd, I was lazy and was rushed. Not the best way to make a guide, but oh well.
    My Pixel Art

Wolfer

~MidKnightCat on deviantART
    Years
  • C:
    Your Sprites are BEAUTIFUL <3

I'm in total LOVE with the Absol one, I dunno why xD; Probably because the colours are blending so well...

But, how are you creating Backgrounds like those on the Mudkip & Absol in MS Paint? I've been ... "Studying" it, you could say, for about a year, and I have NO idea how to do that... >>

deviantART? What's your user?
    Come tell me o: "MidKnightCat" I am :U

Beautiful sprites <3 The colour blending is fabulous <3

☆Patched☆

Years
  • C:
    Your Sprites are BEAUTIFUL <3

I'm in total LOVE with the Absol one, I dunno why xD; Probably because the colours are blending so well...

But, how are you creating Backgrounds like those on the Mudkip & Absol in MS Paint? I've been ... "Studying" it, you could say, for about a year, and I have NO idea how to do that... >>

deviantART? What's your user?
    Come tell me o: "MidKnightCat" I am :U

Beautiful sprites <3 The colour blending is fabulous <3

Oh, the backgrounds? Well, I'll probably make a tutorial, but here's what I did:

You can either start from a light color or a dark one (personally I like to begin with dark), you make a line (pixel wide) and surround the entire pixel art (around positive space), make the color brighter (if you began with a dark color), and vise versa. And basically you keep on going 'till you've filled up the entire space. ^^

My dA account has been inactive for a while, but it's an odd username. xD

X-Tremely-Random

Says so on the first post and on my userpage. :D

Back