• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Platinum Team

How is my team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Antarid

HaHaHa!!!! I'll destroy u all.
Years
  • Introduction

I wasn't battling from a long time because I was sick of my Diamond. But now because of Platinum, I'm onto battling.​

Team Overview

My Platinum Team
    My Platinum Team
    My Platinum Team
    My Platinum Team
    My Platinum Team
    My Platinum Team

___________________________________________________________​

Team Detailed

My Platinum Team

Swampert @ Leftovers
    Nature: Relaxed
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpA
    Ability: Torrent
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Toxic / Roar
    ~Stealth Rock
    ~Earthquake

Taking the lead with Stealth Rock Usual combo. EQ on ScarfTran. Ice Beam for coverage. Either Toxic to wear own bulky waters who like to switch in or roar for shuffling sr around.

My Platinum Team

Gengar @ Expert Belt
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 6 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Ability: Levitate
    ~Shadow Ball
    ~Hidden Power (Fire)
    ~Focus Blast
    ~Will-O-Wisp​

This is a classic Gengar moveset used to give the opponents a great start with Will-O-Wisp on Physical Sweepers. Hidden Power on Metagross, Bronzong and Jirachi. Focus Blast on pesky darks like Crawdaunt, Sharpedo.​

My Platinum Team

Gyarados @ Leftovers
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 Atk / 6 Def / 252 Spe
    Ability: Intimidate
    ~Earthquake
    ~AquaTail
    ~Dragon Dance
    ~Ice Fang

I used Ice Fang over Stone Edge on this set because of annoying Breloom and Tangrowth. AquaTail over Waterfall because of more damage. This has troubles with SpeedElectivire. In a situation, I will change to Gengar. If its out, I'll take it out with Earthquake. Takes advantage of poisoned waters.​

My Platinum Team

Salamence @ LifeOrb
    Nature: Rash
    EVs: 86 Atk / 214 SpA / 210 Spe
    Ability: Intimidate
    ~Draco Meteor
    ~Brick Break
    ~Heat Wave
    ~Roost​

I chose Heat Wave over Fire Blast for accuracy problems. The damage taken by LifeOrb can be recovered by Roost. Draco Meteor can help in taking out many tough pokemon. Brick Break on T-Tars and Blisseys.​

My Platinum Team

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
    Nature: Naive
    EVs: 80 Atk / 238 SpA / 192 Spe
    Ability: Blaze
    ~Close Combat
    ~Hidden Power (Ice)
    ~Overheat
    ~Thunder Punch​

Close Combat and Thunder Punch can help in 2-OHKOing Milotic and Vaporeon and taking on tough pokemon. Thunder Punch or birds and dealing 90% on an Minimum on Gyarados, and Overheat on Scizor and Metagross. This is so I can revenge kill things like Mence, Gyarados and Tyranitar.​

My Platinum Team

Lucario @ Life Orb
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Inner Focus
    EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    ~Close Combat
    ~ExtremeSpeed
    ~Swords Dance
    ~Crunch​

Close Combat and ExtremeSpeed combo. Crunch on Cresselia, Dusknoir, Celebi, Rotom and Swords dance for late game.​

Damage Calculations for Lucario after Swords Dance.

Close Combat vs. max HP / Def Skarmory 84.4% - 99.7%
    Close Combat vs. max HP / Def Bronzong: 95.2% - 100% (67% chance to OHKO)
    Close Combat vs. max HP / Def Hippowdon: 75.7% - 89.3%
    Close Combat vs. max HP / Def Forretress: 79.7% - 93.8%
    Close Combat vs. max HP / Def Donphan: 82.0% - 96.9%
    Crunch vs. max HP / Def Cresselia: 63.5% - 74.8%
    Crunch vs. max HP Cresselia: 85.1% - 100% (2.6% chance to OHKO)
    Crunch vs. max HP / Def Dusknoir: 88.4% - 100% (21% chance to OHKO)
    Crunch vs. max HP / Def Celebi: 78.7% - 93.1%
    Crunch vs. max HP / Def Rotom - Appliance: 100%

(taken from Smogon.com)
    Conclusion

Well, this concludes it. I'm planning of a Psychic over Gengar (maybe Cress, Azelf, Gallade). Need help on that part.​

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Tangrowth : -

Tangrowth is dead weight, i can tell you that now, it does nothing for you. Put something that can actually lead and set up SR >> it. Swampert would be awesome because : -

• You are Scarf tran weak. 2HKO's everything here with SR up.
    • Your team cant take thunderwaves, period.
    Standard Mixpert with SR/Ice Beam/Roar or Toxic/Earthquake would be pretty neat. Toxic might be prefered, since for some reason it lures in things like vappy and other bulky waters etc so yeah and crippling it/them would help Gyarados/Ape immensly.

Lucario : -

Switch Lucario to a SD LO set and dont lead with it. Stone Edge or Crunch >> Counter @ Life Orb.

Salamence : -

Salmence wants Rash so it can switch into fighting types and check them better and Brick Break >> Earthquake so you can OHKO Tar and 2HKO Bliss, Tran and Lax etc. Blissey being the main target obv. Earthquake kinda sucks on mixmence. =/

Gyarados : -

Gyarados wants dragon dance and if not, slap a choice band on your current set or its kinda useless. CB Gyarados is actually pretty nifty and ive had a bit of success with it in the past, some people hate it but i like it oh well.

Infernape : -

Infernape wants Scarfing to serve as insurance vs alot of sweepers who currently eat you. ( DD Mence, DD Gyarados, DD Tar etc)

My Platinum Team
    (M) @ Choice Scarf
    EVs: 80 Atk/192 Spd/238 SAtk
    Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Overheat
    - Hidden Power Ice
    - Thunderpunch
    - Close Combat

Is the set i use. ThunderPunch does 90% min to most Gyarados. ^^

Gengar : -

My Platinum Team
    @ Life Orb / Expert Belt
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 SAtk /252 Spd/6 Def
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Will-o-Wisp / Protect

>> your current set.

Why ?

• Gengar without Hidden Power Fire is sad these days. Basically it gives a free switch in to too many things. Metagross, Bronzong, Scizor, Jirachi amongst various others.
    • As for the last slot, this is to avoid/deal with Choice Pursuit's. Will-o-Wisp cripples pretty much all Pursuit users who want to come in and still lets you spread status if you want that, along with crippling other Physical sweepers. I find its more effective but takes more prediction than Protect obv. Whilst on the other hand Protect just gives you a heads up for what they are going to do. For example a scenario, if a Scizor switches into you. Firstly Protect, if it Pursuits stay in to HP Fire and if it Bullet Punches switch. So you basically win either way.

Just some thoughts here.

Last edited:

Antarid

Years
  • DA, I already have a water pokemon, Gyarados. So if I put Swamp, I will have 2 water pokemon. What shall I do.

PS::Im going for vacation today.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    DA, I already have a water pokemon, Gyarados. So if I put Swamp, I will have 2 water pokemon. What shall I do.

PS::Im going for vacation today.

And....?

They both have different weaks, so it wont matter in the slightest.

Antarid

Years
  • Well, hows it now? On Gengar I put Fire Punch instead of HP. Hypnosis over WOW

Years
  • UMMM fire punch on gengar is not going to do a lot to Metagross, jirachi and such thanks to the special/physical split, use wil-o-wisp, it can cripple physical sweepers beyond help

Also, 3HKO on Milotic and Vaporeon, by the time it would take for you to deal that damage, infernape would be knocked out due to stat drops and their surfs

Last edited:

Sebastien Loeb

Motorsport Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    I don't understand the presence of Dragon Dance on LODos, to insert a classical BulkyGyara to his place.

Last edited by a moderator:

Antarid

Years
  • DA, Why does Choice Scarf help? It allows only one move. We keep hitting Overheat snd they will change to a water...............I know it multiplies Spe, but we can use something else......... And why does Swords Dance help. It wastes a move. We go on a garchomp, start with SD it hits with EQ OHKO or 2HKO......................

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    DA, Why does Choice Scarf help? It allows only one move. We keep hitting Overheat snd they will change to a water...............I know it multiplies Spe, but we can use something else......... And why does Swords Dance help. It wastes a move. We go on a garchomp, start with SD it hits with EQ OHKO or 2HKO......................

Yeah none of that made sense and/or didnt have logic behind it.

Why would you SD on a Garchomp (who is uber anyway)? You SD on something that will switch out of you like a Blissey or Tyranitar and then you can pull off a sweep. I take it you have never used/seen an SD Luke ? The power it holds after a Swords Dance is scary.

And basically scarf is good for the reason you mentioned, speed. Say for example a salamence, tyranitar or Gyarados gets in a dragon dance. What now sport ? You lose. Not with a scarf you dont, you outspeed them even after they boost their speed since you are faster. By doing so you keep them all in check something which you fail to do without the scarf. Also why in the world would you keep overheating a water type, that is beyond retarded, the term "switch out" and "predict" comes to mind. :/

Antarid

Years
  • 1)Infernape:
    Ok, but then why HP on Infenape. Hows Grass Knot. On Ground.
    2)Swampert:
    We can use EQ for coverage over Ice Beam and take both Toxic and Roar. StealthRoar.

3)(PS: And 'bout the Psychic I mentioned, is Gengar good or will I haf to change?)
    4)And a doubt too, how to give the specific HP to a pokemon. I need HP Fire on Gar, so how do I do it?

(New Edit:)

5)I'm planning of SD Blaziken over Infernape.
    6)for 3) I'm planning Cress,
    Moonlight
    Psychic
    Ice Beam
    T-Wave
    252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD

Please tell me ur opinion on these.......................

Last edited:

Antarid

Years
  • I'm planning on a whole new team,
    Swampert or (Toxic Spiking Skarmory) or (Spore Punching Breloom)
    Cresselia
    Gyarados
    Salamence
    Blaziken
    Lucario

Last edited:

Charizarzd_666

Charizard master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2009

You were talking about having a Gallade, this is how I build mine :
    - Close Combat
    - Psycho Cut
    - Night Slash
    - Will-o-Wisp
    Item Attached: Expert Belt / Life Orb / Leftovers
    EVs and Nature:
    EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 SDef
    Adamant Nature

will-o-wisp to cover is defense weakness of course and is move pool can cover a bunch of situation but you can teach him leaf blade with a heart scale if you want instead of night slash but you can't cover is ghost weakness

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • 1)Infernape:
    Ok, but then why HP on Infenape. Hows Grass Knot. On Ground.
    2)Swampert:
    We can use EQ for coverage over Ice Beam and take both Toxic and Roar. StealthRoar.

3)(PS: And 'bout the Psychic I mentioned, is Gengar good or will I haf to change?)
    4)And a doubt too, how to give the specific HP to a pokemon. I need HP Fire on Gar, so how do I do it?

(New Edit:)

5)I'm planning of SD Blaziken over Infernape.
    6)for 3) I'm planning Cress,
    Moonlight
    Psychic
    Ice Beam
    T-Wave
    252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD

Please tell me ur opinion on these.......................

1. With HP Ice, you can revenge kill dragons (Most notably Salamence) after Dragon Dance and outspeed it. Otherwise, it runs over your entire team. Grass Knot on ScarfApe is eww.

2. Toxic and Roar really serve the same purpose: To force switches. Just use Roar, as it will guarantee the switch, causing more residual SR damage. A Swampert without Earthquake is lol anyways.

3. Gengar is fine

4. You breed it for the correct IVs. Just google IV Breeding guides (sorry, I'm in a hurry, can't get one right now :P)

5. Blaziken is an inferior Infernape. It's base stats are mostly lower, and it has an inferior movepool. Use what you have, as you NEED it.

6. LOL Cress. It fails. Gengar is FINE.

Joltz

Pokemon Galactite
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2010
    This team is really good. :) There is one problem I see though. Infernape. I would have a different EV spread. Personally
    I would have this:

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
    Nature: Hasty
    EVs: 160 Atk / 158 SpA / 192 Spe
    ~Close Combat
    ~Hidden Power (Ice)
    ~Overheat
    ~Thunder Punch

The moveset remains the same but have a hasty nature because of scarf. As you can see. I have removed 80 evs in Sp.Atk. And added them to Atk since Infernape naturally does better physically. Hope I helped. :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) Smilies rule... :)​

Back