• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Pokedex

Hyper Chibi Absol

The Chibiest Absol ever :3
Years
  • Yes! I can finally post sprites! : D I'm planning on making my own Pokemon hack so I decided to make my own dex (a work in progress)

Right now I have the grass starter line, the fire starter and an evo of Ledian. More to come! :3 Please comment! x3

My Pokedex

My Pokedex
    NEW: Evo of Ariados

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2009
    what program do you use? those look great! i need to learn how to shade things and such a lot better. i mean, i'm pretty great myself, so... :P

Years
  • wow, you sprite amazing! the shading and fakemon look absouluetly wonderful (spelling fail). your type of shading relly differs from Pokemons tyle tho, but i like it! =]

tho, some comments: the grass guys look cluttered, and the third evo's position looks weird. So does the fire starter. i cant pinpoint it tho D=

i <33333333333333333333333 the ledian evo!

Last edited:

Hyper Chibi Absol

The Chibiest Absol ever :3
    Years
  • wow, you sprite amazing! the shading and fakemon look absouluetly wonderful (spelling fail). your type of shading relly differs from Pokemons tyle tho, but i like it! =]

tho, some comments: the grass guys look cluttered, and the third evo's position looks weird. So does the fire starter. i cant pinpoint it tho D=

i <33333333333333333333333 the ledian evo!

Thankies. x3

Hmm... The 2nd stage grass starter is supposed to be somewhat slouching.

: D Squeee. I can't wait to work on the Ariados evo. x3

Kylix

¬ L_¬
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2009
    That looks so good, those could be future pokemon ^^ but still awesome to look at

Nicolas

O c t o j a R e j s t r o m
    Years
  • actually... the sprites are very dithered.. but still, I like the Pokemon concepts

keep it up

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Also what is up with the lack of crit in this thread? Sort it out guys.

Anyway, you've got some nice designs and they're well made, except the shading. You've gone way overkill on dithering, try only using dithering on select areas (Like a transition between shades) I guarantee it will look a lot better.

Vednix

:D
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2010
    This is just my opinion, but I dont think the backsprites are in the style of orginal pokemon, and it looks like there is too much dithering. other then, they have good concepts and are looking good so far.

Years
  • Thankies. x3

Hmm... The 2nd stage grass starter is supposed to be somewhat slouching.

: D Squeee. I can't wait to work on the Ariados evo. x3

your welcome!

you mean the third one! =]

I cant wait to see it! =]

NOTE: The ledian is amazing, tho the left wing looks to much forward, it it were leaning back morethen it would look right.

Missingno.7-4468

The Kazuka Party is for curry!
    Years
  • Your sprites are definitely better than anything I could do, but they're not poke-style.(Even though I like your style better than Poke-style, I have to crit you somehow...)

The fire on the fire type on could be better, I'm not sure how though. It just looks too solid to be fire. Also, as said before, the grass types look a little too cluttered.

FireTears

Animator and Artist
    Years
  • One thing you could improve on is the overuse of dithering. You don't need to dither between every shade. Dithering is to blend colors to create different shades to smoothen out the sprite shading. It is usually used to smoothen an area where the highlights intersect with a very dark or sharp area...(Hard to explain) Just try not to overuse it. Dithering is also used in creating texture, such as fur, scales, roughness, etc.

Also, you overuse shines too. If the object isn't all that shiny, don't add a shine to it. It only increases the color amount and isn't nessissary. Always keep the color count as low as possible, the maximum is 16 colors. And if the object is shiny, only have a mere small line of a shimmer or a small circle for rounded areas.

Work on that for now ^^

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
    Years
  • Beautiful! Although I agree with everyone on saying that dithering is a big no-no. Maybe just a little, but the amount you have done is, well, a bit too much. Keep working at it, though! Youll get the hang of it!

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
    Years
  • Alot of people have been saying you have too much dithering but the dithering adds a certain texture, adds more of a 3-D effect then just shading alone, that is quite pleasing on the eyes in my opinion. All of your sprites are very weel done although on the front sprite for the Ledian evo the wings seem a little disproportionate to the body, they seem a little too small to me, and the white that is all the way in the back of the head on the backsprite seems too far forward on the frontsprite.

Back