• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Pokemon Sprites

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years
  • Hello. I'm Sinnohchapion and i will be showing my Sprites. Of course i learned today, and im showing my first few. Now to show the Sprites.
    12/6/08
    Todokip
    My Pokemon Sprites

Stantfan
    My Pokemon Sprites

Mightyzoon
    My Pokemon Sprites

Vibcloud Rapceus
    My Pokemon Sprites

My Pokemon Sprites
    . Now heres the Pokes i will be using:
    My Pokemon Sprites
    Now to request a sprite, Fill out this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Oh... wow. There's a lot of room for improvement here. Honestly, the only tolerable one is (Totodile x Mudkip) and even that one's missing two arms and half of a leg.

The rest are pretty... "not good". The second one is an abuse of the "paintbrush" tool. Recoloring does require that you color inside the lines. (That's what the bucket fill and eraser tools are there for.) The third one has almost no shading left on the head and tail. Plus, there's tan coloring all over the place.

As for the fourth one, where's the effort? You just cut of a head (with some extra pixels) and placed it on top of Arceus. The 5th one has a similar problem..

keitaro10

Spriter/AVENGED SEVENFOLD FAN!
    Years
  • Try to get some basic recolouring tutorials...as gliterstain said the totokip is the only tolerable one.
    DONT EXPERIMENT WITHOUT KNOWING THE BASICS!!! :)
    just go to google and type pokemon recolouring tutorial.
    OK ond you'll be spriting in no time.

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Hello. I'm Sinnohchapion and i will be showing my Sprites. Of course i learned today, and im showing my first few. I will subscribe to this thread so you can request sprites. Now to show the Sprites.

Um...no you can't do that...

anyhow, these are really REALLY bad, there is no effort evident whatsoever...

they're choppy, missing parts, lacking shading, recoloration, and just plain dont look good or professional...

You definetley need to practice, so dont give up, KEEP TRYING!!!

(i would follow glitter's advice and look at some tut's...)

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Regardless of the fact that it's clearly stated in the Pixel Art rules that request threads are not allowed, you only just started and you think you're able to take requests?

lol.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2009
    uhm... you gotta try more spriting...
    some parts are fluctuating and are not that good...
    as our friend keitaro10 said, try some recolouring tuts and you'll be ready to go!

Hawiki

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
  • Hm, well, I have to agree with others that your actual spriting needs some work. But don't get discouraged -- you just started and even the best pixel artists have room for improvement!

I've never been huge on fusions myself, but you have a few good ideas. I think especially when you are just starting out, try to stick to Pokemon with similar body structures. Then work on making your fusions as smooth as possible. Take your "Mightyzoon" for example. Make sure you keep your outlines visible! Unless you are working on a Missingo or another glitch Pokemon, clean lines are very important to smoother sprites.

Instead of mashing every part of the Pokemon together, pick a few things (such as Zigzagoon's fur and colour scheme), and work on transferring them to the second sprite (Mightyena). You can recolour the legs instead of trying to paint and paste over them, and it will look much more natural; and Mightyena already has a mane for you to work with, so try to make Zig's fur fit in with its flow. The last thing I'll mention for now is remember to pick which colours you want to transfer where ahead of time -- making a colour pallet from each sprite will give you an idea of how they match up.

On a final note -- please crop your images! The overall size is so much larger than the sprite itself and it's very distracting. And most people know how to find a list of Pokemon sprites, so I think including that sheet takes up some valuable first-post space in your topic.

Sorry if this seems overwhelming! You do have some interesting ideas, so keep it up! Everyone started somewhere. =)

Years
  • Don't give up! Read a bunch of tutorials! That's how I got started. The second one needs some shading, and the other one is just a Rapidash head on an Arceus. Also, please crop the image!
    I'm sorry if somebody already said all these things...

Don't give up! My first sprites were pretty horrid...

Back